2023-24 NBA Free Agency 06/30 at 6PM

JayBirdHawk

1 minute ago, benhillboy said:

$11 million per sounds like peanuts but Lakers fans are lamenting and making comparisons to the failed Nunn experiment who was bigger and a better overall scorer.

Kidding aside, thoughts on these heat guys cashing in?  I'm wary of seeming system guys being asked to 'carry' elsewhere.  I'm envisioning a lotta Duncan Robinson-esque buyers remorse. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The Hawks would be the laughing stock of the league if they gutted their team to paid 2 non all star guard $40 plus million per season to win half their games.

Wait, who you referring to?  Sorry, I got lost. 

24 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Murray/Capela to a 3rd team for Siakam looks good right now 

Wtf no y’all lost it. Between you and Peoria I’m feel like I’m talking to the magic front office

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Is Brook Lopez still on the market? That's one guy we could genuinely use.

Still available.  Rumor had it the Rockets were looking to sign him at 2 years/$40M.  Considering that's pretty much the exact same contract that Capela has, I'll ask everybody this... would you rather have Capela or Brook Lopez on the same 2 year/$43M contract?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phunkabilly said:

Still available.  Rumor had it the Rockets were looking to sign him at 2 years/$40M.  Considering that's pretty much the exact same contract that Capela has, I'll ask everybody this... would you rather have Capela or Brook Lopez on the same 2 year/$43M contract?

Lopez all day.

Worse rebounder.  Better rim protector.  Much better shooter.

39 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Kidding aside, thoughts on these heat guys cashing in?  I'm wary of seeming system guys being asked to 'carry' elsewhere.  I'm envisioning a lotta Duncan Robinson-esque buyers remorse. 

The heat do get way more out of the sum of the parts.  It’s easy to expect they’d struggle elsewhere but I’ll give Strus and Vincent the benefit of the doubt.  The Brown signing made the Strus move make more sense defensively for the Pacers.  Gabe is a complete roll of the dice but I’m sure Big Ham will take to him.

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Once again . .

What-the-f GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

And I think this is a BAD SIGN for us.  Murray is going to want more than this.

Yeah… DJM ain’t taking a penny less than $40 million a year y’all....