• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

John Collins Traded - Fare thee well!

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think the trade was Harrison Barnes and a 1st for JC that Ressler vetoed. He previously vetoed trading Milsap when Bud was here.

Hire BASKETBALL PEOPLE AND GET OUT THE WAY!!!

Ridiculous.  He has got to know that his choices are sabotaging his own team.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

I knew Spud would be one of them

One of who? People that think DM better have more value than Clax? Ya I am.

Why on earth would we do that? We would have Capela, OO and Claxton and some major holes 🕳️ and an uneven unbalanced roster.

I mean, why would you wanna do that? Or $hit, I just remembered who I’m speaking with..

Ok Peo my bad. Grieving time. Sorry about JC. Look I loved the dude. I guess we didn’t use him right. I will always root for JC.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Why on earth would we do that? We would have Capela, OO and Claxton and some major holes 🕳️ and an uneven unbalanced roster.

Did you miss the part about trading Capela?

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Plus the team has like 7 shooting guards currently on the roster

1 minute ago, NekiEcko said:

For trading Capela, they might do it after the new year starts but I got a feeling that he and one other is about to be traded.  It is my gut feeling, I guess.

I got this too. Who’s the one you got? I figure it can’t be Bogi, it better not be OO, AJ or JJ. Whose left?

@Spud2nique

I got two names and both names are going to be piss off alot of fans more but keep your eye on Houston.  I am not connected like our insiders but thanks to Utah get Collins and OKC, there is only a few teams will have cap space to added on players and Houston is one of them and we know who they wanted.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

@Spud2nique

I got two names and both names are going to be piss off alot of fans more but keep your eye on Houston.  I am not connected like our insiders but thanks to Utah get Collins and OKC, there is only a few teams will have cap space to added on players and Houston is one of them and we know who they wanted.

Before the draft I suggested Capela for Garuba/Martin and #20.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Jdawgflow said:

@Sothronwho is going to get fired for not taking the Markkanen and two first round pick trade from last year?

The main voice against that is already gone and with the Wizards. I guess it is safe to say that now he isn't here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theheroatl said:

Lol there is your agenda.

FYI mine is I want Dre and Cap combined via trade for 1 star wing.

Trae

DJM

Star Wing

JJ

OO

Not that I'm advocating it because he can't stay on the court, but this would fit within the parameters you're talking about and kinda makes sense for both teams... Clips would probably want to ship Zubac out in this scenario though.

image.thumb.png.4800781906f267d539f5b0a2298ab5bb.png

35 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ughhhhh this hurts to look at..

I swear I thought: Trae/Huerter/Cam/Hunter/JC/OO for years.

Trae and OO prolly last ones standing before too long. 🤦‍♀️ 

We ran than squad back for the most part in 21-22 and we saw how that went. 

I guess the only thing that hurts is if you asked any of us back then about trading Cam, Huerter and JC we would have all thought we were getting at least one superstar player in return for those assets. Each of them were effectively give away trades unfortunately.

• Sad 2

ATLANTA HAWKS DO A SALARY DROP !!

So what.  Squawk posters knew it was going to happen  Quit acting like you are shocked.  We're not.  John Collins is a good player.  So, what's the problem?  His salary is bigger than his worth.  This is the biggest problem.

JC has not grown as we expected him to do.  In fact, he's gone the other way.  That old adage, "Caught between a rock and a hard place" described the entire situation.  Suppose you had a nice pair of dress boots, exactly like you always wanted.  Only problem, they don't fit.  Hawks and JC.

Did the Hawks just give JC away?  No!  They gave away his contract and they got him because they got his contract!  Who replaces him?  Bey and Johnson seems to be in line, backed up at #3 by Gueye!  

Was this the correct move?  Yes.  Hawks are a .500 team with championship dreams.  Listen to all the players right now who want great big salary raises while the teams are being more penalized from overspending.   Solution?  Either raise the limits or quit overpaying.  Hawks have been paying too much for the results they are getting.  We didn't have a .500 payroll, just a .500 team.  Have to get better players for the money being spent.

Did JC get suspended once upon a time?  Seems I remember he was.  He never recovered, did he.

Remember this line in an old song:  "Never count your money until the dealin's done!"

:smug:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
47 minutes ago, Sothron said:

The main voice against that is already gone and with the Wizards. I guess it is safe to say that now he isn't here.

If that is true Schlenk deserved to be fired.  Was that trade offer legit?