• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Summer League Roster

KB21

My boy Kabs might be up to play in the next Austin Powers 4 movie as Henchman #2. I can just see him choking the life outta somebody with those hands. 😂 

If he gets a hold of you, chances are.. he will choke the life outta you..

image.gif.fe97a504c559281203a32b88c1251957.gif

😂 Macho man be like YO WTFFFFF IS THAT??? :batman:

• Haha 4

I wonder if AI could start scouting players, and would it do a better job than humans ? Preconceived notions about players strongly influence how they are viewed. If you're a lottery pick they will give you chance after chance no matter how much you suck. If you're an undrafted guy you have to absolutely ball out to even have a shot to make a roster. Sometimes I get the sense teams are more interested in validating their choices instead of being truly objective about prospects.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I wonder if AI could start scouting players, and would it do a better job than humans ? Preconceived notions about players strongly influence how they are viewed. If you're a lottery pick they will give you chance after chance no matter how much you suck. If you're an undrafted guy you have to absolutely ball out to even have a shot to make a roster. Sometimes I get the sense teams are more interested in validating their choices instead of being truly objective about prospects.

That's why teams use analytics, right?  To kind of decipher through some of the misconceptions of the "eye test"?

But sometimes analytics can't pick up on things, like "feel for the game".

Miami obviously does the best job in identifying undrafted talent to fit their system.  Jokic pretty much sliding past everyone ( probably because of body type ), was a HUGE MISS by NBA scouts.

At the end of the day though, preconceived notions do skew player evaluations, as well as guys just flat out admitting that they're wrong about a player.

Summer League isn't organized enough to evaluate how players will fit in a true team environment.  That's why I always look to see if a guys most hyped skill is obvious on this level.  For Trae, it was his passing, despite his horrific shooting in Summer League.  For Collins, it was his athleticism, which he put on full display in Summer League. Same with JJ.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Miami obviously does the best job in identifying undrafted talent to fit their system. 

Hawks have a forever changing system, there hasn't been any longevity and consistency to keep building on something.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Look at Quin's body language. Trae's smile. These 2 definitely have a good bond.

Always knew that Quin was a personal Space invader.

• Haha 3

• Premium Member

I am happy and Sad that Brady Manek is getting a shot.   He played with Trae back at OU.   Didn't get drafted... but the guy is a shooter.   Shooter supreme.   Larry from the Prairie.   Unfortunately, unless we make a massive trade, he won't be a Hawk.   Maybe some team will take a look at him and give him a shot. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I am happy and Sad that Brady Manek is getting a shot.   He played with Trae back at OU.   Didn't get drafted... but the guy is a shooter.   Shooter supreme.   Larry from the Prairie.   Unfortunately, unless we make a massive trade, he won't be a Hawk.   Maybe some team will take a look at him and give him a shot. 

We can always give him a two way deal instead of Norris. 

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

AJ should be the best player on the floor on most nights.  He's a 2nd year player that has already played a lot of actual NBA minutes.

He wasnt