• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome to Atlanta, Patty Mills

NBASupes

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Dropped 25! He’s still got a lil sum sum in his bag. 👏 

Patrick Mills, Australia dominate Finland 98-72

i_4b_f2_4a_patrick-mills.png?w=190

The long-awaited 2023 FIBA World Cup began, and what was supposed to be one of the most exciting games at the start, Australia made it a pretty one-sided affair, crushing Finland 98-72 on the opening day of the competition in Okinawa. Patrick Mills was the top scorer for the winning side with 25 points, while Josh Giddey flirted with a triple-double, scoring 14 points, grabbing nine rebounds, and dishing out eight assists. Joe Ingles added 13 and Dante Exum 10 points. For the losing side, as expected, Lauri Markkanen led the way with 19 points, while Sasu Salin added 13.

via EuroHoops.net

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Premium Member

hopefully no NBA players are dumb enough to go full Brittany Griner when they are in the Phillipines.   The drug laws there make Russia look like Portland Oregon.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
On 7/8/2023 at 4:48 PM, theheroatl said:

Mills has been traded three times in the past 10 days, beginning with Brooklyn to Houston, Houston to Oklahoma City and now on to Atlanta. His $6.8 million expiring contract fits into deals to make salaries match up, and Atlanta is still deciding whether he'll be a part of its preseason roster, sources said.

Are we keeping Patty? Hawks twitter has not even acknowledged he's on the team....not even a 'Good lick in FIBA'

Screenshot_20230827_083301_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Thanks 3

On 8/25/2023 at 12:36 PM, shakes said:

hopefully no NBA players are dumb enough to go full Brittany Griner when they are in the Phillipines.   The drug laws there make Russia look like Portland Oregon.  

And that's why I spent almost my entire time in the Philippines (two P's one L, Shakes) under water. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Patty would be great for the Hawks but it does seem like he might not be in our actual plans. 

Unless there is a larger trade which he'dbe a part of, I don't see why not keep him.

But it is strange the Hawks seem to be 'ignoring' him.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Unless there is a larger trade which he'dbe a part of, I don't see why not keep him.

But it is strange the Hawks seem to be 'ignoring' him.

I"m guessing we'll try to get him in a deal to bring in this guy

de978bfd32ac4e879727a85d932a4c91_front.j

Oh sorry, i grabbed the wrong picture.  I meant this:

Money_Cash-wiki-commons-468x311.jpg

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
I'll pack Patty's bag if SAS will give us back our 2025 or 2027 1st round pick 🤓

Australian Boomers coach Brian Goorjian would love Patty Mills to return to San Antonio and link up with No.1 draft pick Victor Wembanyama. Mills was traded three times within the space of 10 days in July — crazy even by NBA standards — and there’s no guarantee the merry-go-round has ended. After going from Brooklyn Nets to Houston Rockets to Oklahoma, Mills is now at the Atlanta Hawks.

– via ESPN
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • Premium Member

I've been pleasantly surprised by Patty's play in his limited role this season. I thought he was 'done done' and was brought in to be an end of the bench body and vet leadership, but he still has game left. The shooting and hustle really stands out when he comes in off the bench.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, hawkman said:

I've been pleasantly surprised by Patty's play in his limited role this season. I thought he was 'done done' and was brought in to be an end of the bench body and vet leadership, but he still has game left. The shooting and hustle really stands out when he comes in off the bench.

35 yrs old.  Diving after loose balls.  Running up, down and all around as the Youngling’s mope up and down the court.

Wear it on your sleeve Patty Mills.  Strawberries and all.  👍🏼

• Like 2

• 1 month later...