• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Room check: Kobe Bufkin

sillent

19 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I thought Whitmore had a injury and he gave poor workouts...

You can't judge Bufkin based on Whitmore that makes no sense.

Question:  What kind of player do you think Bufkin will be.

Camp's Answer:  Cam Whitmore was still on the board. 

HUH??

Says the guy who hated Marvin for 8 years because of who was on the board when we took him 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Yes, the answer is blatantly obvious. I wasn't really torn on who to believe, that was sarcasm. I apologize if that was opaque.

While I truly value you bringing inside stuff to the board, lets be honest, the fact you are down on Kobe probably strengthens my opinion of him having a bright future. 

Your scoops and info dumps are great, the player evals, lets just say we don't agree very often. 

[Personal shots removed]

You like flashes, you like shades, you like that those shades could become real. Nothing wrong with that. We all do. 

What's wrong is Kobe been awful in summer league. He's been a horrible player. Saying he does some good things is a positive even in my eyes. That means he's not a complete bum like Acie was for us. The issue is, he had a terrible summer league. 

From Campster: He 33.3% from the floor, 13.8% from 3.  15 FGA/g to get 14 pts. 3.6 APG, 4.6 TO, .9 steals, -3.  in only 27 minutes per game.  This means he missed a shot every 2.7 minutes. Had a turnover every 5.5 minutes. As the point guard he was personally responsible for a lousy possession every 1.8 minutes.

This is not good my friend. Not good at all. It was even worse watching it possession by possession. The terrible decisons. The missed reads. The overaggressive defense. He was constantly getting beat off the dribble against quicker guys and he died way too much on screens. Are many of these things fixable, YES. The question is, room check, Kobe Bukfin. He's pretty f***ing far. It's not even close. 

[Insults removed]

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I think he will be solid as a scorer once he gets comfortable, but he does not look like a natural point to me. Probably a Jordan Poole type. 

I don't even think Poole is possible. Poole for as bad as he was early on was a clear SG because if the shot finally came at a pro level, he's a legit scorer in the NBA. Bukfin is a far more versatile scorer but he doesn't have anything that's his thing. His best skill is his ability to run the PnR as a ball handler but that's the only PG thing he's capable of right now. It's going to take time. Murray was really far as well when he entered the NBA as a PG. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Look, everybody gets players wrong from time to time.  Why get so defensive about it?  You've had quite a few that you were adamant would pan out, but they didn't.  It is what it is.  We all have.  No need to parade around like it didn't happen.

No one said otherwise. We all got misses and will always have misses as Basketball development isn't linear. 

[Personal insults removed]

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Not that it matters now but I wonder if Kobe was selected to include in a trade that didn't pan out.  He was one of the last firsts to actually sign i think. 

That's my feeling.

13 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Right lol, GMs get it wrong every year, constantly.  Stats aren't that meaningful in summer league anyways because it's effectively a pickup game.   PGs that can't self-create at a high level are going to have bad efficiency.  I just watch the game to see the raw skills and talent the coaches have to work with.  Anyone that expected him to be a contributor in year 1 needs to reset their expectations for a 15+ pick.  I'll be happy if he earns his way into the rotation by next year.

I wasn't looking at stats. I was looking at play style/decision making.  Game looked really fast to him at times.

Our over the top rebounding in summer league made us look a lot better than we were.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

That's my feeling.

I wasn't looking at stats. I was looking at play style/decision making.  Game looked really fast to him at times.

Our over the top rebounding in summer league made us look a lot better than we were.

That and our shooting talent on the perimeter was probably the best I can remember for a SL.

I don't know how to feel on Bufkin, a lot of pre-draft evaluators were high on him but seeing him play games was very underwhelming. I'm not gonna read too much into SL performances. Hopefully our new staff can bring him along nicely, we have the benefit of having Mills behind Trae/Murray.

Also, a lot of folks who are down of Bufkin were also down on A.J for his SL performance so i'm taking a lot of these post with a grain of salt.

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I wasn't looking at stats.

You used them as part of your argument, or at least took the time to quote them, and I'm saying they're not relevant -- rather discuss what we saw/didn't see on the court

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

@NBASupes and everyone else - Knock off the personal shots we've seen on this thread.  If you don't like someone's opinion, tell the class why you don't like it.  Don't comment on the poster and especially do not insult the poster (calling them low IQ , etc.)  Address the post, not the poster.  And don't try to weasel around by saying something like "that is a dumba**, uneducated take" which of course reflects on the poster.  Just say why you disagree and why it is not well founded.

This isn't rocket science - talk basketball.  

You must have completely missed @RandomFan post