• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I hope the Siakam deal fails to go through.

givemesome1ce1

48 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Name a person that we traded away, that blossomed into an All-Star, or borderline All-Star player.

Paul Gasol is one.   Can you name 3 more?

It's a good argument you make. But where it's flawed is that Travis's era of drafting is only JC through AJ drafts. All past samples are not comparable because the Hawks didn't draft that well in the past. Babcock, ASG, Sund, Ferry, BudCox.... all terrible drafters. 

Best players we drafted were Smoove and Horf as far as the 2000s go, until recent. 

And yes, I'm against a trade for Siakam if it includes any of AJ/JJ/OO. 

I am all for trading out Dre and Clint for an upgrade to allow more opportunity to the above. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
51 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

We didn't run it back last year making the big trade for Murray and were worse than the year before

The same concern I had last year is the same as it is now - the bench. We traded Gallo and JJ wasn't developed to be his backup, instead we had JHol. This year JJ or Bey will start. 

And you're right we aren't running it back: we traded JC for Patty Mills 🤓

37 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

We didn't run it back last year making the big trade for Murray and were worse than the year before

We would be a non-playoff team if we didn't have Murray.

When Trae was struggling, it was Murray that was keeping us afloat in some of those games.

Our backcourt was 9th in the league in efficiency.  Our frontcourt was 23rd in the league in efficiency. 

We are too out of balance to be a high level team.  And we are out of balance because we don't have a single high level frontcourt player.  For us to become more in balance, multiple players on the frontline will have to start being very efficient.  This means JJ and OO must take massive jumps, in order for this team to win 50+ games, even if the backcourt is top 10 in the league.

When we won 60 games in 2015, our backcourt was #10 in efficiency while our frontcourt was #5 in efficiency.

If your boy Dre could elevate his game to bonafide #3 guy status, our frontcourt would be better and we might not be having this conversation.

image.png

image.png

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

We would be a non-playoff team if we didn't have Murray.

When Trae was struggling, it was Murray that was keeping us afloat in some of those games.

Our backcourt was 9th in the league in efficiency.  Our frontcourt was 23rd in the league in efficiency. 

We are too out of balance to be a high level team.  And we are out of balance because we don't have a single high level frontcourt player.  For us to become more in balance, multiple players on the frontline will have to start being very efficient.  This means JJ and OO must take massive jumps, in order for this team to win 50+ games, even if the backcourt is top 10 in the league.

When we won 60 games in 2015, our backcourt was #10 in efficiency while our frontcourt was #5 in efficiency.

If your boy Dre could elevate his game to bonafide #3 guy status, our frontcourt would be better and we might not be having this conversation.

image.png

image.png

And yet this team continues to draft back court players and give away front court players.  John just flat out had a bad year and its way past time to move away from Clint but the Front office decided to keep Clint and give away John.  Bad decision period!

• Premium Member

I went into last season hoping that Hunter would take the next step, be in the conversation to be the 'best at something'

I went into last season hoping that by the midway point OO would be able to supplant  CC as the starting C.

Now this offseason, we are hoping the trio of OO/JJ/AJ take the next step to be enough along with Trae and Murray to 'not be a play-in' team. [And please understand, I'm not saying to trade them all willy nilly, but the expectation that they will all exceed expectations is........]

You know what they say about hope:

Screenshot_20230718_182051_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I went into last season hoping that Hunter would take the next step, be in the conversation to be the 'best at something'

I went into last season hoping that by the midway point OO would be able to supplant  CC as the starting C.

Now this offseason, we are hoping the trio of OO/JJ/AJ take the next step to be enough along with Trae and Murray to 'not be a play-in' team. [And please understand, I'm not saying to trade them all willy nilly, but the expectation that they will all exceed expectations is........]

You know what they say about hope:

Screenshot_20230718_182051_Samsung Internet.jpg

I’m right there with you. I don’t want to put all my hope on the youngins’. And also we got some years of mediocrity waiting on them to develop if so. 

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

I’m right there with you. I don’t want to put all my hope on the youngins’. And also we got some years of mediocrity waiting on them to develop if so. 

Knicks now Mavericks basketball at its finest

23 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

And yet this team continues to draft back court players and give away front court players.  John just flat out had a bad year and its way past time to move away from Clint but the Front office decided to keep Clint and give away John.  Bad decision period!

Now it's time to upgrade the frontcourt big time.  Whether it be with Siakam, or KAT, or someone else, it's time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, kg01 said:

In case folks think we shld shift to JoeLLLL, get a load-a this ...

Oof, is this my burner twitter account?  Someone hates him as much as I do. 

Joel will Troell whatever team he is on. That’s what he does.. trolls his own fan base into thinking he is something he not

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

You mean you would prefer we revert to Orlando and Charlotte then right? Ah I see now 

Orlando and Charlotte don't have Murray and Trae now do they unless you think Trae is not better than those team's best players

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Now it's time to upgrade the frontcourt big time.  Whether it be with Siakam, or KAT, or someone else, it's time.

And Kill your depth like what happened this year when the team had to trade Kevin and were left with the Holiday brothers playing major minutes

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, MaceCase said:

I’m this close to starting a xenophobic rumor that Siakam is actually 3 years older than he’s listed

Do it! Afterwards, maybe I can get @sturtto come back and somehow convince me former National, Juan Soto, is not 38 years old.

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

And Kill your depth like what happened this year when them had to trade Kevin and were left with the Holiday brothers playing major minutes

Peoria, you cant have your cake and eat it too.

If you develop talent, it is going to take a while and your record is going to reflect that.

If you trade for talent, then you give up depth and cheap talent.  Sure you are going to the playoffs but it is not going to get you to the Finals.

Right now, this new CBA is having alot of teams between a rock and a hard place right now.  This team is very flawed right now and, on a timetable, because if we do the development, Trae may not want that and he will be asking for a trade.  

For me, I will not do the Siakam trade but I will be looking for key pieces elsewhere

• Like 3