• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Onyeka Signs Extension: 4yr/$62 million

JayBirdHawk

51 minutes ago, txsting said:

This is less than Kevin got in his extension from the hawks (4/65 if you remember).  Why do we not have Kevin again? 😞.

Rather Kevin than Bey.

That was a good signing but like OO, is close to what he's actually worth. OO might be slightly underpaid but could be massively underpaid if he makes a major jump this year and next. Kevin didn't improve from that contract but even still, we got decent trade value for him.

• Premium Member

I think the Hawks will be doing another Collins or Huerter style move before the beginning of next season.  If you keep showing everybody that you'll do just about anything to avoid paying the tax, then teams will continue to low ball you in trade discussions because they know you're desperate to get off committed money.

• Sad 3

23 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Growth spurt alert.....🤓

@bleachkit :stirthepot:

Um no. OO literally hasn't grown since like 10th grade. Look at his old pictures where he is towering over Lamelo Ball. That's not how growth works. Probably just how he was measured or a wink-wink PR move. Photographic evidence will show he is the same height as before. He will be noticeably slightly shorter than players who are actually 6'10". 

Edited by bleachkit
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Um no. OO literally hasn't grown since like 10th grade. Look at his old pictures where he is towering over Lamelo Ball. That's not how growth works. Probably just how he was measured or a wink-wink PR move. Photographic evidence will show he is the same height as before. He will be noticeably slightly shorter than players who are actually 6'10". 

Slander!  Lies!  Slies! 

Big O... I mean, OO is clearly 6'12" and I'll hear no argument to the contrary, sir!

And he put on 15lbs of solid muscle too! 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Jody23 said:

I think the Hawks will be doing another Collins or Huerter style move before the beginning of next season.  If you keep showing everybody that you'll do just about anything to avoid paying the tax, then teams will continue to low ball you in trade discussions because they know you're desperate to get off committed money.

As is I think Bey is probably the casualty unless we're good enough to go into the tax. Without Bey, we're about this same spot next year.

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

As is I think Bey is probably the casualty unless we're good enough to go into the tax. Without Bey, we're about this same spot next year.

Idk.  Quin seems to really like Bey.  Trae and DJ seem to like playing with him.  He's an elite shooter, plays with physicality, and is still young enough to develop some more.  I'm not sold that he will be the cap casualty.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Idk.  Quin seems to really like Bey.  Trae and DJ seem to like playing with him.  He's an elite shooter, plays with physicality, and is still young enough to develop some more.  I'm not sold that he will be the cap casualty.

It all depends on how the season plays out as a whole, injuries, record, etc.

42 minutes ago, Sothron said:

It is not impossible for someone to hit a late stage growth spurt in their early twenties especially something as small as one inch or something like that.

Soth, once you stop growing, that's it. You dont stop growing for 5 years and then start growing again. Go look at photos of OO from high school. He was an early bloomer, not a late bloomer.

Edited by bleachkit

5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Soth, once you stop growing, that's it. You dont stop growing for 5 years and then start growing again. Go look at photos of OO from high school. He was an early bloomer, not a late bloomer.

Not true, I grew an inch my Soph year of college after not growing since the end of 7th grade.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

I went from 5'4" to 5'8" in high school freshman year and halfway as a college senior I grew another inch to 5'9". It really is possible. 

This could all be NBA teams being cute listing him as 6'10" but from what I remember teams aren't allowed to fudge height numbers any more.