• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Onyeka Signs Extension: 4yr/$62 million

JayBirdHawk

On 10/23/2023 at 6:33 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

:laugh1:

I doubt OO is taking a discount for us to add another BIG...

I doubt Murray would take a discount to add another guard..

And I doubt either would take a discount just to re-up Bey..

Any BIg time wings available? 😀

Edited by terrell

12 minutes ago, terrell said:

I doubt OO is taking a discount for us to add another BIG...

I doubt Murray would take a discount to add another guard..

And I doubt either would take a discount just to re-up Bey..

Any BIg time wings available? 😀

I don't think they are taking discounts so the team can afford to max out some other guy. More likely they felt comfortable here, and told their agents not to play hard ball. 

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

I don't think they are taking discounts so the team can afford to max out some other guy. More likely they felt comfortable here, and told their agents not to play hard ball. 

Im just going along with the conspiracy man... lol

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, txsting said:

This is less than Kevin got in his extension from the hawks (4/65 if you remember).  Why do we not have Kevin again? 😞.

Rather Kevin than Bey.

Crazy thing is that contract was signed two years ago and doesn't even account for cap inflation.  

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Does this always skew towards big men?

Or those who score close to the basket maybe?

It skews very heavily towards Bigs, especially ones with mediocre usage.  If you shoot a super-high percentage, don’t turn over, and hit the offensive glass hard (things OO been doing out the gate) it considers you a constant winning element (which I can’t argue).  His career average is 134 so I expect a regression around 20 games in.  If a guard is in the mid 120s that’s elite: he’s most likely killing it from three, getting to the line consistently, and has a nice assist to turn ratio.

Great screeners also usually have gaudy offensive ratings (likely the case with Lively). Another check for OO.  

I’m glad OO accepted a BU role: he’s easily the best in the league alongside Naz Reid depending on what you like/ need.  His length and fouling presents too much of a question mark as a full time starter hate to say: conversely two strong suits of Clint “Bunnies” Capela.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
29 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Shouldn't OO's usage be trending up if they expectation is to take over for CC?

Screenshot_20231115_153202_Samsung Internet.jpg

I don't think so.  If you notice, Clint's usage rate is also down so I think this more about the role of the center in Quin's offense being slightly de-emphasized rather than OO being specifically excluded.  The reality is that both JJ and Bey offer more impactful offense from the frontcourt than either of them and so they end up with more touches.  Ball just getting spread around a little more in general leading to a lot of guys seeing that usage rate drop.

If OO starts moving the ball and keeps extending his range, I would expect that usage rate to increase.  Clint's role is not going to evolve very much.  He has a very limited range of things he can do but is generally efficient with what he does.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

Does that mean Hunter is getting traded to the Pacers this summer?

Ooh, wild speculation?  I love it.  Hey, they were supposedly one of the teams kicking his tires this past offseason right?  Who you think you are, Woj? 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ooh, wild speculation?  I love it.  Hey, they were supposedly one of the teams kicking his tires this past offseason right?  Who you think you are, Woj? 

Woj wishes. 
BTW if this lands, imma need honorary Outsider status. Hell, I may even change my name to Ponyboy. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1