• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why are we winning?

Diesel

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Shooting, defense, pace. 

Defense and Pace improves the shooting in my opinion.   I'm so glad, we no longer walk the ball up and try to score against a set defense. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

1. Last year we were low in volume and makes.  Last year we were operating from the midrange.

2. This year we are taking more 3pt attempts. The Charlotte game has skewed the 11 made 3s per game since we only made 5 and shot 17%. The other 4 games our made 3s are 20, 15, 16 and 10 so that's 15.2 made 3s a game.

3. The other thing is this year in lieu of the midrange game we are going to the basket and racking up fouls and freethrow attempts.  I think the 3pt attempts opens up the lane for more drives which we are taking advantage of. Freethrow attempts are up across the board for the top 8 players except for Bogi.

4. Defense - we are actually trying to play some, more often than not.

As shown, our steals are up.   So that's a factor.   I don't know if I mentioned that we are better rebounding too. 

The 3 pt attempts is something that we will watch.  I know it's something that Snyder preaches, but I see DJ's game improve when him getting started in the midrange.   I don't like the idea of neglecting the midrange to go after three point shots.  That's a Charlotte way of doing things.   I honestly feel like our Pace can make a bigger difference than the three point shot does.   When you eliminate the walk it up style of before,  and everybody is moving on the missed basket... we are dangerous.  Already we have seen scores off of run outs.   We never did that before.   When you can run out on a shooter, it really effects the shooter.  Now, he's worried about missing and his defensive assignment... makes him less liable to shoot the next time. 

It's a small sample size, but we are checking off some good boxes so far. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Diesel said:

But mainly....

We are a fast breaking team..

image.png

Our tempo is our superpower.  We are 6+ points better than we were under Nate/Prunty.  We no longer pick up the ball, we're off and running.  We don't give defenses a chance to set up.  We're not trying to score against their best defense.   So it improves our 2 ball.  It improves our scoring efficiency.   It improves our assists. 

This is the key. When we get on the break we look fantastic, when we don't our offense slows down a little bit. It starts with Trae + JJ but Murray, Capela, Bogi, Hunter have gotten out and run some too.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, theheroatl said:

Dallas and Boston shooting a ton of 3’s and they are undefeated.

what’s your point

Boston is killing people with defense. 

Dallas.. I don't think hasn't played a contender yet... we will see tonight. 

• Like 1

A key for us has been an opportunistic defense creating turnovers leading to fast breaks.  Half court offense has been pretty average, but overall offense is good due to getting transition baskets. 

Last year we had a similar record because of an easy early schedule.  This team is already more fun to watch. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Not really. It was a RS success for playoff success move. What hurts is the role players right now. Beasley shouldn't be starting but they don't have other options

It’s projected success versus actual success. The Bucks had both with Jrue, and Jrue has taken them to higher heights than Dame did with Portland. His defensive impact is being seen with Boston and is being missed in Milwaukee.

The NBA is a star driven league but I think it’s been proven a lot lately that more stars doesn’t automatically equal more success. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, JustSomeGuy said:

It’s projected success versus actual success. The Bucks had both with Jrue, and Jrue has taken them to higher heights than Dame did with Portland. His defensive impact is being seen with Boston and is being missed in Milwaukee.

The NBA is a star driven league but I think it’s been proven a lot lately that more stars doesn’t automatically equal more success. 

What! Jrue success with Milwaukee is due to Giannis not Jrue. Dame been way more successful than Jrue in NO unlike Jrue, Dame been a #1 option.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1