• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Mikey said:

This thread is underrating siakam a lot LOL. He’s achieved more in the league than even Trae has individually… 

getting him would slide him in as the second option and slide Murray down to 3 (hopefully he starts playing defense more too now). There is a reason Quin has coveted siakam all summer long 

Maybe a little, but if you read the Toronto boards they talk about how bad his defense has declined over the last few years. Just saying. He can definitely provide some much needed versatility to our frontcourt - my thoughts as usual are: how much will he cost to acquire, is he interested in being here and how much will we have to pay him.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What the hell happened with AJ?  There has got to be more than just 'struggling with Quin's scheme'.

I’m thinking he thinks the rapture is coming soon so better to prepare in his heart vs on the court

lol jk AJ 

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Update from my sources:

Hawks/Raps might be exchanging players soon.  Siakam is fed up with the Raps and the Raps are scared of losing him for nothing as a FA.

Bogi is the most sought after player on our roster. Teams know JJ has a high price tag after a breakout season.

AJ has went from "untouchable" pre Quin to "available to make a trade work for an upgrade".

Some in the FO feel a small trade for a backup PG and/or SF that can guard will fix everything. Some in the FO feel only a name player is the way to right the ship this season and in the future.

Trae wants a star to put next to him and DJM. 

I'm down for the Siakam rental if we can get the price low enough.  

I still want to trade for Finney-Smith.  Can backup both forward positions well.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Maybe a little, but if you read the Toronto boards they talk about how bad his defense has declined over the last few years. Just saying. He can definitely provide some much needed versatility to our frontcourt - my thoughts as usual are: how much will he cost to acquire, is he interested in being here and how much will be have to pay him.

If the cost is Dre aj and kings pick you do it 10/10. What they pay probably gotta be a near max which is scary but idk 

siakam is good and hawks need good players 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Maybe a little, but if you read the Toronto boards they talk about how bad his defense has declined over the last few years. Just saying. He can definitely provide some much needed versatility to our frontcourt - my thoughts as usual are: how much will he cost to acquire, is he interested in being here and how much will be have to pay him.

His defense has definitely went down from five years ago at his peak IMO. 

I agree with you that I want to actually see Ressler pay the LT before I believe it. I was told by two sources last season and in the offseason Ressler was finally willing to pay the first apron LT. 

And yet...we have a huge TPE just sitting there. A MLE just sitting there. Far too late to use it on a quality free agent but perhaps the TPE could be used in a trade. I'm not reporting that part, just speculating.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Are the Raptors really ready to move on from Siakam?  Will Siakim sign an extension if traded?  Will the Hawks have to up their offer from the summer to make the trade?  I guess we'll see.

1: yes

2. despite what his agents/family say I do believe he will

3. I actually think it would be the same offer. The hesitancy on AJ being included is now gone.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

If the cost is Dre aj and kings pick you do it 10/10. What they pay probably gotta be a near max which is scary but idk 

siakam is good and hawks need good players 

What if Raps want more? They asked for Kobe, Hawks declined.

Crazy Raps fan ideas below, would you be interested in doing either of these?  Because it all comes back to how much you are willing to give up.

Hunter, AJ, Kobe, Sac 1st, Hawks 2029 UNPROTECTED 1st

OR

Bogi, AJ, Kobe, Mills, Sac 1st

Hawks need size.  Got that.  

He will not be traded.  Really?

Kobe Bufkin was drafted to replace one of our guards.  When he's well, watch the Hawks trade one or the other.

20 years old.  6'5" and has been asked about in trade proposals.  

:smug:

3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

His defense has definitely went down from five years ago at his peak IMO. 

I agree with you that I want to actually see Ressler pay the LT before I believe it. I was told by two sources last season and in the offseason Ressler was finally willing to pay the first apron LT. 

And yet...we have a huge TPE just sitting there. A MLE just sitting there. Far too late to use it on a quality free agent but perhaps the TPE could be used in a trade. I'm not reporting that part, just speculating.

I actually think the Raptors screwed our plans up or last summer would have looked way different.  By the time we walked away it wasn’t worth signing the dregs of the league to an MLE deal.  
We had a full rotation, and it was better to assess the current roster and adjust based on need.  

• Premium Member

I'm really nervous about Siakim's terrible 3pt shooting, hes shooting 21%(!!!) this season. If we trade Hunter for Siakim, we are going to have very poor spacing with he and Capella being complete non-shooters. I feel like this trade would make the game harder for Trae and Murray on many of our current actions since Siakim's defender will be able to sag way off of him.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Hawks need size.  Got that.  

He will not be traded.  Really?

Kobe Bufkin was drafted to replace one of our guards.  When he's well, watch the Hawks trade one or the other.

20 years old.  6'5" and has been asked about in trade proposals.  

:smug:

The only guard he can reasonably replace would be Bogi or I suppose Patty as the backup PG. Trae and DJM are signed long term. 

FWIW Bogi is the most sought after Hawk on the trade market. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Sothron said:

The only guard he can reasonably replace would be Bogi or I suppose Patty as the backup PG. Trae and DJM are signed long term. 

Bogi has been really good this year.  I am not sure if selling high on him is best though.  His knee seems right finally and his D has improved.  Plus the man can just plain shoot.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Figure out a way to bring Gary Trent with Siakam and I'm down for it.  

They'd have to pay us to take Trent, he hasn't been good and is making $18 million.  Makes it even harder to match salaries unless you are trading Bogi OR Capela if you assume it's Hunter, AJ, Mills, Sac 1st for Siakam.

UuuunLeeeesssss - they use the JC TPE on Trent which would be awful value for that TPE.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I sense the Raptors will move the goal posts again and probably ask for Bogi and/or JJ.  I wouldn't trade either of those guys.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

I sense the Raptors will move the goal posts again and probably ask for Bogi and/or JJ.  I wouldn't trade either of those guys.

Their fans are all on the JJ train now after his fast start to the season.  It also doesn't help that HotBogi showed out last night. Agreed.

• Like 4