• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

38 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

I wish we could get Zubac with the TPE.

Ya I like Burd boy Zu too, big body like a Val type. Trae really does need a huge dude with some skill. 

39 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

Any you have in mind?

This article is from 6 weeks ago, not sure if all are still available but I like these guys.

IMG_1861.jpeg

IMG_1860.jpeg

IMG_1859.jpeg

IMG_1858.jpeg

IMG_1857.jpeg

IMG_1856.jpeg

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

You know what...  I'm at the point where I want people to see.  i.e. @TheNorthCydeRises

If all it cost us is Hunter, Bufkin, and Patty Mills to get Siakam...

Pull the damn trigger. 

That way... When our spacing is messed up.. we're one of the worst three point shooting teams in the league and we don't make the playins...   We can go into the offseason and just let Siakam walk.

We would have corrected the mistake of signing Dre to that contract and prolly another draft mistake...

Plus, we'd be in the Lottery.   The owners will get what they want because they would have another offseason of saving money...  and we'd be one step closer to being a continual lottery team because that's what most of you want. 

Might as well have the firesale. 

• Like 1

im ready to put all our chips in to get a #2/#3 and hope the guys turns out to be a #2. If it works we contend, if it doesn't just blow it up and start again. Being stuck in perpetual mediocrity is the worst. This is a whole lot worse than those JJ/Horford/Smoove/Marv teams, at least they were winning divisions and getting through 1st round. We don't even nkow if we can make the playoffs until the last week of the season for the past 2 years

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 11/26/2023 at 1:16 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Wonder what Kai Jones is up to? Hopefully he's gotten his head right. 

We'd have to trade and/or release a player to open up a roster spot though.

On 11/24/2023 at 11:26 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

I think Hawks should take a flyer on Kai Jones if he's gotten his head right. 

My great grandma has just passed away, ...

On 12/5/2023 at 10:50 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

And lil crazy...Welcome to the Hawks Kai Jones.

27 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It would be nice to see the Hawks go after Kai Jones

I've been saying we should take a flyer on him for the past 3 weeks. 

• Like 4

KOBE BUFKIN - - G - - 20 - - 6'5"

Why did the Hawks draft him in the 1st round last summer?  Are they willing to get rid of him already?  They paid a premium price for Murray, then he signed a very reasonable contract.  Are we ready to flush him?   Young is considered the face of the Hawks and untradeable.  But he's hated by the refs and has a hard time keeping his big mouth shut, even if it is deserved.  Could they be persuaded give him up in a major deal?

Questions the front office must answer.  They will by their actions.  Yes or no!

:smug:

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 3

• Moderators
14 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I would waive Julian, of the ATL Dancers

image.png.4d6f34b02d60d69e95a27033ced2f7e0.png

Nothing personal.  But it'll open up a roster spot for Nathan on the dance team.

Well maybe Julian needs this job and maybe Julian is living his dream and his best life and maybe Julian doesn't need people making fun of his excellent dance moves and maybe i'm just going to have to dance my pain away and ignore the haters, i mean Julian will have to dance his pain away and anyway well i'm just done i mean Julian is done with this.  

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, JustSomeGuy said:

I really don’t think this team needs a big shakeup as much as we need better paint protection, and legitimate 3&D talent on the wings. Hunter has been what he is and the bottom of our rotation has been absolutely awful. 

Hasnt helped that none of our rookies have been healthy enough to try to claim a spot in the rotation either. 

This is the cold hard truth of our situation. 

1.  We were thin up front after the trade of our starting PF for nothing. 

2.  We know that there would be a learning curve for our players to learn to function in a new system. 

3.  Injuries. 

Too many people with Playstation NBA 2K ideas of how this is done... but don't realize that Snyder has to coach out the old bad habits we developed under Nate.  We've seen flashes and glimpses of what this team looks like running Quin's offense.  It is almost Night and Day difference from what we did last year.  More fast breaks. More movement.  Less one man pounding the ball.   Less Hero ball.  More defense.    At the same time, if you watch, you can see that we still have a tendency to revert back.   So for anybody to conclude that we should be a finished product of Snyder's coaching... you're obviously not paying attention. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Well maybe Julian needs this job and maybe Julian is living his dream and his best life and maybe Julian doesn't need people making fun of his excellent dance moves and maybe i'm just going to have to dance my pain away and ignore the haters, i mean Julian will have to dance his pain away and anyway well i'm just done i mean Julian is done with this.  

You strut your stuff, macd.  You deserve it. 

• Thanks 1

OG and Siakam with the raps have certainly lost leverage as far as what was going on earlier, JJ coming on certainly gives us leverage, but not sure what package of JJ along with whomever we would include would get in the league and you would need that player to be pretty impactful since we are super short on those players - as is the league in general.  I would take JJJ based on last years performances. 

Edited by hylndr11

54 minutes ago, Wretch said:

Missed this update, thanks Soth.

You know you might have missed the update by Soth but that gives you NO EXCUSES to miss an update from the outsiders. Tellem @kg01!!! 😡 

@Wretch have you seen my 112 Siakam threads 🧵????? Are you in the back. 😐 Should I say it louder for the biiipeople in the back :boobs: 

Start followin me Toots! 

-Outsiders 🏆 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

You know you might have missed the update by Soth but that gives you NO EXCUSES to miss an update from the outsiders. Tellem @kg01!!! 😡 

@Wretch have you seen my 112 Siakam threads 🧵????? Are you in the back. 😐 Should I say it louder for the biiipeople in the back :boobs: 

Start followin me Toots! 

-Outsiders 🏆 

Wai, wai, wait, you tellin me we got beef with @Wretch now?  Say it aint so, squd.

I say we opt for cul de sac mediation, which consists of both parties making their best mac 'n cheese.  Whoever makes it best wins.  Any raisins detected is an automatic L. 

Lets get it on!

• Haha 3

Posters ask, "Would you do this trade.  So, just for you to ponder on, here's some matching salary players:

Hunter - $20M - Murray - $18M. = $38M.

Siakam - $38M.

Two for one, which means Hawks could add another player (From the G League?)  Don't forget, Siakam walks away at season's end.  This is only a one-year rental.  (This season).

If we do this, then I believe the Hawks would have room to add another player (Cheap) and still be under the dreaded tax line.

This is for next summer:  With all three players gone, what could Atlanta do?  Perhaps tank.  But we have no draft picks.  We traded them for Murray.  Looking for some cheap - - - all-star - - - free agents for next summer !!

😍

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1