• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

It would take a lot of doing and probably a three team deal?

What I mean is PMills and 2 first for Tucker...    LAC would probably do easily.

the second trade for Covington would be harder.   Philly needs some help at the PG.  We don't really have anybody who can help them.   In that price range, we would then have to start looking at A mixture of AJ and Bufkin to make the salary work... and that's too much to give for either of these guys. 

So even if we started PMills and 2 first for RoCO.. We still have the same problem trying to go after Tucker.  The players we have in that salary range are players that we don't really want to give up. 

Both those teams would trade those players for a single first in a heartbeat.  2 is an insane overpay.  They probably could not get more than a second for them.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, AHF said:

Both those teams would trade those players for a single first in a heartbeat.  2 is an insane overpay.  They probably could not get more than a second for them.

I meant 2 2nds... my bad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

I think we have the same issue that is true League round.   All teams have the ability to score and go on runs... no matter what defensive players you have.   This is not a case where you can remake the 92 Bulls and expect to lockdown other teams.  We are playing in a era where the margins between offense and defense is small.   You say we just let them score too easily.  Whereas I would say it's a mixture of not getting stops and the offense going cold.   The best teams are going to be those who can score and defend... but not have one dominate the other.    For that reason, Teams like Boston, Houston, and Orlando are scary.   Teams like Sactown, Milwaukee, and Philly not so much. 

The thing people don't remember is that when JJ was playing and Going off, Trae hadn't come out of his funk yet.   Well, now Trae is out of his funk...  When JJ comes back, we will be a really good team. 

This is ridiculous take. In any given year for the history of the NBA the split between PPG differential between negative and positive is roughly within a range. 

There may be more points being scored but teams can still hold their opponents to much less than what they score. 

It's not an out-scoring game bro.  [Everyone needs to] look at stats before making generalizations.

On 12/1/2023 at 1:33 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Patty Mills and a 2nd for Bridges....no not that one, this one...as in Miles. (Yes, yes, I know, I know, but still............).

On 12/1/2023 at 1:42 PM, AHF said:

Lots of baggage but the time to get him probably already passed.  He has been really strong this year and seized the starting role back from PJ Washington right away.

On 12/4/2023 at 1:01 PM, macdaddy said:

Is Bridges criminal case settled now?

On 12/4/2023 at 1:14 PM, AHF said:

Depends which case you are talking about.  But the last I've seen, he still has one open case with a hearing scheduled for February so seems a risk that is very much still alive but that the NBA's suspension has ended pending new developments.  Presumably, if he gets convicted on the open case he will miss more time.

I did some digging around on Miles Bridges to see why the NBA is allowing him to play.

Something just wasn't sitting right with me. 

The post below details out the timeline of the incidents.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/miles-bridges-domestic-violence-case-timeline-charges-sentencing-suspension-information-for-hornets-forward/

During his three-year probation, Bridges, 24, will be required to complete 52 weeks of domestic violence counseling and 52 weeks of parenting classes, serve 100 hours of community service and undergo weekly narcotics testing with marijuana allowed only if there is a valid doctor's prescription. He cannot own any guns, ammunition or any weapons. He also will have to pay a restitution fine of $300 (with a restitution hearing scheduled for Jan. 13) and a domestic violence fine of $500 and obey the terms of a 10-year protective order, staying 100 yards away from and having no contact with the woman. Bridges and the woman maintain custody over their two children, and any visitation or exchange of children must be done peacefully and through a neutral third party.

See the highlighted above.  He's supposed to stay away from his ex and exchange their kids through a neutral third party. So him and his ex shouldn't have any contact with each other.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/miles-bridges-surrenders-after-warrant-issued-for-alleged-violation-of-protective-order/

Separately, on Wednesday, a criminal summons was issued for Bridges for another alleged violation of the protective order, according to Mecklenburg County court records. Bridges is also charged with child abuse and injury to personal property, as he allegedly threatened his ex and damaged her car while their children were in the car. Bridges allegedly threw pool balls at the car, smashing the windshield and denting the windows. His current girlfriend allegedly kicked the car. 

So Bridges allegedly threw pool balls at his ex's car while exchanging the kids?  Who was the neutral third party to drop off the kids? Was it Bridges current girlfriend? I wouldn't think so.  Why is the new girlfriend kicking the car?  Why show up without the neutral third party?  These are all legitimate questions that need to be answered.

I was unaware that Bridges had taken out a restraining order on his ex.

https://www.tmz.com/2022/11/08/miles-bridges-files-restraining-order-from-domestic-violence-accuser/

On Nov. 5 -- two days after Bridges pleaded no contest to one count of felony domestic violence stemming from their June 27 incident to close out his criminal case -- the 24-year-old former Charlotte Hornets star said he was forced to call the LAPD after Johnson showed up to his Airbnb and "stood outside the home antagonizing me and refusing to leave."

Bridges says officers showed up ... and were able to convince her to leave without incident.

Bridges -- currently an NBA free agent -- is asking a judge to order Johnson to stay at least 100 yards away from him and have no contact with him or his dog.

This just seems like a toxic relationship gone wrong.  Seems like the NBA has some evidence that yes, Bridges did hit her, which is abhorrant. It seems like there is more to the story than Bridges beats the hell out of his wife.  Pleads no contest and then throws golf balls at her.

I'll say if the legal system plays out and he's not found guilty of the new allegations, I'm fine with the Hawks taking a flier on him. 

• Thanks 1

I want Siakam and or Lauri on this team, but I’m realizing that there isn’t really a good chance to make either deal. Utah would want Jalen and that would instantly kill any deal we want with them. Masai is one of the hard head GM that like to play hard ball for no reason and history has shown that Raptors are trying to constantly compete. There is zero reason to trade both Bogi (6MOTY candidate) AND AJ (despite how bad he’s playing and he’s clearly dealing with personal stuff) just to tank the shooting for Siakam. It just doesn’t make any sense. We know Masai will ask for the world and we have to ask..is it worth it?

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, theheroatl said:

This is ridiculous take. In any given year for the history of the NBA the split between PPG differential between negative and positive is roughly within a range. 

There may be more points being scored but teams can still hold their opponents to much less than what they score. 

It's not an out-scoring game bro.  [Everyone needs to] look at stats before making generalizations.

I think you should do the same.   But look at the bigger picture. 

Let's start here....

image.png

Notice our differential is 0.29...   That's microscopic.

Now notice, our magical season of 2020-2021

image.png

Now...  first notice that the differential is much higher. 

Second notice that the number of teams scoring over 115 is lower.

You can see how the difference has made a difference.  IN 2020-2021, Utah had Gobert putting up all defensive work.  Milwaukee had Jrue and Giannis.   The Clipps had a more closer to their prime Playoff P and Kawhi.

This proves the notion that this is not a "generalization".  It' a trend.  Teams are scoring more and the offense... i.e. outscoring the other team is how you get those differentials more than defense. 

image.png

• Confused 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, givemesome1ce1 said:

I want Siakam and or Lauri on this team, but I’m realizing that there isn’t really a good chance to make either deal. Utah would want Jalen and that would instantly kill any deal we want with them. Masai is one of the hard head GM that like to play hard ball for no reason and history has shown that Raptors are trying to constantly compete. There is zero reason to trade both Bogi (6MOTY candidate) AND AJ (despite how bad he’s playing and he’s clearly dealing with personal stuff) just to tank the shooting for Siakam. It just doesn’t make any sense. We know Masai will ask for the world and we have to ask..is it worth it?

By the deadline, Masai will be desperate.  They are not paying Siakam 50 Million+ at no time. 

• Like 2

I like Lauri but he may cost too much. Give me Jerami Grant for cheap at this point over Siakam. Might can actually get picks and value instead of getting fleeced by Masai. Fits Jalen much better because he can play SF and shoot. Also, 30 million seems more movable than the 50+ for Siakam (though I dislike both contracts).

• Like 3

• Premium Member
On 11/27/2023 at 11:16 AM, Vol4ever said:

Look for the Hawks to make a significant move in the coming days.  

On 12/14/2023 at 9:55 PM, Vol4ever said:

Couple weeks ago front office was working on a deal and was shot down by ownership I was told. Now I don't know the players in the deal.  I can see KK moving on possibly after the season.  

Interesting.

On 12/14/2023 at 10:20 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

:blanky: again.

can you elaborate further?

8 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

Jay ownership don't wanna spend $$$.  They want to make a move but a low budget one.  Same reason Travis left.  

:blanky:

This is getting Old. We are unserious.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

The target should be clear, I said several times before season start, we are extremely thin at frontcourt, we need bigs and size. 

We play Toronto with OO and Cap, we win.

We play next game without Cap, we lose. 

We could use, Wes, Mills, Bey, Hunter for a clear upgrade at Frontocourt, is really needed, and we need depth.

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Interesting.

:blanky:

This is getting Old. We are unserious.

It's terrible.   Ownership as long as the seats are filled and the $$$ flowing don't care.    If I had Resslers money I would do whatever it took to get to the top(most fans would).  Last serious owner we had was Ted Turner and that was because Stan Kasten was running things.

It's disheartening.   

• Sad 2

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

It's terrible.   Ownership as long as the seats are filled and the $$$ flowing don't care.    If I had Resslers money I would do whatever it took to get to the top(most fans would).  Last serious owner we had was Ted Turner and that was because Stan Kasten was running things.

It's disheartening.   

Any more info on what the supposed trade details were? 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Any more info on what the supposed trade details were? 

Saikam.  Hard time with salaries.  I don't know the Hawks players but we can guess by numbers.  I figure Hunter, Griffith, and Patty.  I think TOR wants JJ in any deal.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2