• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

Hawks really don't know what they already have.  Two rookies that were drafted last summer.  One, Kobe Bufkin, was drafted in the first round.  Hawks really liked him.  How do we know?  Because he was taken in the first round and was signed to a first round contract.  Several other NBA teams likes him too as they want him included in any trade.

M. Gueye, a second-round pick, so impressed the Hawks that they signed him to a regular, long-term contract.  They don't do this unless they expect him to be able to take his place on the NBA team's roster.  He was impressive in summer league and he has the size we need on our roster.

I believe this is one reason that no moves have been made by Atlanta.  Both players are expected to be back soon and playing  before the trade deadline.  Perhaps then we make a move or two.  

:smug:

Just now, Sothron said:

People are really sleeping on just how many assets OKC actually has. They literally could pull off a major trade for a real superstar if they wanted with their combination of young guys and tons of firsts.

The outsiders are fully aware. OKC been in our crosshairs for years. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Sothron said:

People are really sleeping on just how many assets OKC actually has. They literally could pull off a major trade for a real superstar if they wanted with their combination of young guys and tons of firsts.

And then what? They haven’t had the most stellar record with multiple stars and keeping them.
They’re a perpetual feeder team. Their M.O. is to acquire cheap talent, build value, and trade them to bigger teams for more low dollar-high potential assets. 
They aren’t an LA or NY team that goes after big fish at the peak of their prime. In their wettest dreams they’re the Florida Marlins of the NBA. 
Granted, the marlins have more chips than the Hawks, but we don’t need to talk about that. 

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, capstone21 said:

More scoring and even less defense?

Lauri isn't bad on defense. His height and size give him natural advantages. He's an elite scoring option. They'd have Chet next to him and have Jalen Williams as well to put next to him in the FC. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, ATLien_ said:

The forgotten guy in Orlando is the guy we need to go get. Jonathan Issac was JJ before JJ with defensive player of the year capability. I know he's injury prone, but so is half of this team. There are not many people in the league capable of doing what JJ does, and he is one of them getting AJ minutes in Orlando. He scores, assists, rebounds, steals and probably becomes the best shot blocker on the team the day he arrives. The guy is a stat stuffer with true defensive stopper capability and is buried behind Banchero. Really thought the Hawks should have traded for him and Bamba last year. Bamba is not great by himself, but I feel like Trae is the perfect muse for him. 

I am with this idea.  I believe he is uber talented also.   The question is... Would we go into the LT to get him??

image.png

Of course add 2 2nd round picks...

5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I am with this idea.  I believe he is uber talented also.   The question is... Would we go into the LT to get him??

image.png

Of course add 2 2nd round picks...

I think he's worth it. He's a better player than Bey by a country mile on a good deal. Let Bey walk after the year to get back under the LT. I think the only reason Orlando let's him go is because they will need to start resigning young players soon and need the cap space. He becomes the best defender on your team immediately. And you can play him and JJ together too, but have one on the court at all times so you can still run your offensive through a big that can handle. Bottom line is you don't have to change your offense as long as you keep one of them on the court. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, ATLien_ said:

I think he's worth it. He's a better player than Bey by a country mile on a good deal. Let Bey walk after the year to get back under the LT. I think the only reason Orlando let's him go is because they will need to start resigning young players soon and need the cap space. He becomes the best defender on your team immediately. And you can play him and JJ together too, but have one on the court at all times so you can still run your offensive through a big that can handle. Bottom line is you don't have to change your offense as long as you keep one of them on the court. 

I would rather the trade given... which would mean we pay the LT now.   It's not the sexy move like trading for a 42+ Million dollar player who will bring no defense.   However, it's a move that gives us the potential to fix a lot of problems. 

Our front office has been problem solvers.  Last year when our 3 pt shooting was pitiful, they went out and got Bey.  He keeps his 3pt percent around 40... so  it was a good deal.   Plus he's scrappy.   Now we need defense and rebounding... Isaac has been that.  Even got high steals one year.

• Like 1

• Moderators

You are very close to the tax line after Mills for Isaac.  Pretty sure you could do that and then get under by ditching one of our end of the roster players (in this deal or to another team) if Ressler demanded it.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, AHF said:

You are very close to the tax line after Mills for Isaac.  Pretty sure you could do that and then get under by ditching one of our end of the roster players (in this deal or to another team) if Ressler demanded it.

Would anybody take Matthews?  Doubtful. 

I would hate to lose Mathews,  he's just starting to show something but for that deal to work.. Yeah.  Bring on the cash considerations. 

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Sothron said:

Lauri isn't bad on defense. His height and size give him natural advantages. He's an elite scoring option. They'd have Chet next to him and have Jalen Williams as well to put next to him in the FC. 

How about that JC for LM and two 1sts deal?  We have made some epic screw ups in our FO.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ATLien_ said:

The forgotten guy in Orlando is the guy we need to go get. Jonathan Issac was JJ before JJ with defensive player of the year capability. I know he's injury prone, but so is half of this team. There are not many people in the league capable of doing what JJ does, and he is one of them getting AJ minutes in Orlando. He scores, assists, rebounds, steals and probably becomes the best shot blocker on the team the day he arrives. The guy is a stat stuffer with true defensive stopper capability and is buried behind Banchero. Really thought the Hawks should have traded for him and Bamba last year. Bamba is not great by himself, but I feel like Trae is the perfect muse for him. 

He’s great when he’s available. I wonder if part of his playing time is tied to load management. 

It would be a hard pill to swallow if you’re a team that’s already thin due to injuries trading for yet another injury prone player. 

I would love him if we had more Ironmen on this team already and we weren’t counting on him to be a significant contributor. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

He’s great when he’s available. I wonder if part of his playing time is tied to load management. 

It would be a hard pill to swallow if you’re a team that’s already thin due to injuries trading for yet another injury prone player. 

I would love him if we had more Ironmen on this team already and we weren’t counting on him to be a significant contributor. 

I agree he's a risk, but that's why he's available. His deal is not so long where it hurts you long term if he doesn't pan out. Due to his injury history he should resign to a reasonable deal with realistic expectations unlike Bey. To me the only way it doesn't work is if he stays injured; it won't be his on court fit or play. Plus it gives AJ another Christian young man he can vibe with. It will give the Squawk another Christian to hate on. It seems we prefer our athletes popping bottles and siring babies with ump teen baby mamas around here 😂. Just don't be critical of anyone. In AJ's defense Beyonce music been trash for a minute. Dream Girls soundtrack was her last good music and she didn't write any of it. Now I've gone and stirred up a hornets nest. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, ATLien_ said:

The Question is would the Magic trade him within their own division (I remember they refused to before with Dwight Howard). He's playing 13 mpg, will that decrease with Wendell Carter returning?

• Like 4

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Would anybody take Matthews?  Doubtful. 

I would hate to lose Mathews,  he's just starting to show something but for that deal to work.. Yeah.  Bring on the cash considerations. 

If you attach a second round pick, a tanking team would.

• Like 3