• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

7 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I feel like the one time we had money to spend in FAgency we knocked it out of the park. Gallo, Bogi, Rondo/LouWill, Snell, Solo, Dunn (even tho he was a dud)

Rondo was horrible too, but the rest was great.  We had a capable, proven, and most importantly an empowered GM at the time.  Water under the bridge.

23 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Team is having a serious discussion with Ressler about should the team try to swing for the faces for a big name to help OR soft rebuild around Trae/JJ/OO. 

I hope they go for the latter personally.

They should sell at the deadline in hopes to land a top pick in this draft class. Someone like Sarr could help this team very much long term. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Sothron said:

Team is having a serious discussion with Ressler about should the team try to swing for the faces for a big name to help OR soft rebuild around Trae/JJ/OO. 

That's almost depressing.  The team we played last night had a worse record than us and they are not looking to tank.  We are missing a player that as you put in your choices, we consider a strong part of the future and we're talking tanking??

• Like 1

The only way this team can rebuild properly is to trade Trae now. Recoup a ton of picks and go back to the draft. Would OKC trade all the Houston picks for Trae? Atlanta could also get back Giddey and Dort in the same deal.

Trading Hunter is not going to bring back anyone noteworthy. His inconsistency both with his play and injuries is hurting his value so much so it could lead to another John Collins situation where there is no market for him and he becomes another cap dump.

Trading Murray now almost guarantees the team will be taking a loss on the original trade with SA. Is Ressler willing to lose face?

Edited by TheBigETrain

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, TheBigETrain said:

The only way this team can rebuild properly is to trade Trae now. Recoup a ton of picks and go back to the draft. Would OKC trade all the Houston picks for Trae? Atlanta could also get back Giddey and Dort in the same deal.

Trading Hunter is not going to bring back anyone noteworthy. His inconsistency both with his play and injuries is hurting his value so much so it could lead to another John Collins situation where there is no market for him and he becomes another cap dump.

Trading Murray now almost guarantees the team will be taking a loss on the original trade with SA. Is Ressler willing to lose face?

It's interesting.  Look at our draft picks of late.   Does it seem like we're any good at this? Yet.. somehow, you believe that our way out is to trade possibly the best player in Franchise history for Picks...  That's a Welfare mentality if I have ever saw one.   

Why would we want Giddey?  This dude is going to Jail. 

Nope.. Nope... Nope.  It's a terrible idea.. 

6 hours ago, Sothron said:

I called for a 1 year tank about a month ago. 

Last year owning our pick…make the most of it. Trade the players who aren’t the best fit around Trae and go into the offseason with some spending money/recouped draft picks.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Sigh.

So you're telling me lil Nicky and friends are clueless. :blanky:

They did push really hard and give up three picks to pair Trae with another PG ball handler instead of a front court playmaker with size, so yeah lol.  Theres a reason I thought maybe that trade was insurance if Trae starts asking out— it doesnt make much sense otherwise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Diesel said:

That's almost depressing.  The team we played last night had a worse record than us and they are not looking to tank.  We are missing a player that as you put in your choices, we consider a strong part of the future and we're talking tanking??

It is a consideration. Remember one of the new FO bullet points backed up by public statements is they want a "everyone has a voice" approach to the team. So some of the voices are saying "this team doesn't work and a soft rebuild is the best approach". Other voices are saying "go get a third star and we'll be fine, we aren't that far off".

9 hours ago, Sothron said:

Team is having a serious discussion with Ressler about should the team try to swing for the fences for a big name to help OR soft rebuild around Trae/JJ/OO. 

Yea I'm not a fan of trading away draft picks, so I would also go with the soft rebuild. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Sothron said:

It is a consideration. Remember one of the new FO bullet points backed up by public statements is they want a "everyone has a voice" approach to the team. So some of the voices are saying "this team doesn't work and a soft rebuild is the best approach". Other voices are saying "go get a third star and we'll be fine, we aren't that far off".

I get the whole 'everyone has a voice' thing, but at some point....someone has to have the biggest voice that can make the correct decision. Not sure we have that person who is the most 'TRUSTED' voice though. 

(I remember in the Bud days Tony saying he has the 'final' voice or something like that regarding not trading Milsap).

I'm concerned. I'm very concerned 😟 !

• Sad 2

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Theres a reason I thought maybe that trade was insurance if Trae starts asking out— it doesnt make much sense otherwise. 

But I remember someone pushing the narrative that Trae was the one pushing for the DJ trade and since he had lil Nicky's ear that's why but on the flip side Schlenk wasn't a fan of the trade. 

Which is it?

@JayBirdHawk The thing is we dont know who push the trade.  Was it Trae? FO? Little Nicky? Ressler?

This team need another ball handler that can help push the offense since teams was zero in on Trae all of the time and at that time, DJ was that and he was very good defender as well. 

For me, soft rebuild would be my answer because this team needs to change because we don't have the right pieces around Trae and too small to deal with any team right now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

They did push really hard and give up three picks to pair Trae with another PG ball handler instead of a front court playmaker with size, so yeah lol.  Theres a reason I thought maybe that trade was insurance if Trae starts asking out— it doesnt make much sense otherwise. 

No one was available. You can't do a trade that ain't there. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

@JayBirdHawk The thing is we dont know who push the trade.  Was it Trae? FO? Little Nicky? Ressler?

This team need another ball handler that can help push the offense since teams was zero in on Trae all of the time and at that time, DJ was that and he was very good defender as well. 

For me, soft rebuild would be my answer because this team needs to change because we don't have the right pieces around Trae and too small to deal with any team right now.

everyone but Travis

• Like 3