• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

I'm also suspicious that Bufkin was chosen for the Raptors, but we'll see if that ever comes out in the wash.

Torn on the "soft rebuild".  My gut reaction is we should do it.  It seems like teams are more willing to pay a premium to win now.  Ironically we may win more with transition pieces.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

I have a real question.  I know that no one here on the Squawk really has the answer, but here goes:

WHY DID ATLANTA DRAFT KOBE BUFKIN?

1st round pick.  We are told that the Hawks were impressed by him.  Several times between the draft and the beginning of the season, teams apparently expressed interest in trading for him.  Perhaps not directly but they wanted him added to most any deal that was mentioned.

Did the Hawks draft him to have him as trade bait?

Did the Hawks draft him to play him?  If we keep him, who does he replace?

Was he really a 1st round pick?  Is he better or worse than the spot he was taken in the draft?

Now that he's off the injured list, how long, if ever, will we see him play with the Hawks?

Will we trade him or send him to the Skyhawks?  What do we do with him?  

AGAIN, I ASK, WHY DID WE DRAFT KOBE BUFKIN ??

:smug:

I’ve been wondering the same thing GM. Like, they were genuinely excited to draft him, so it seems the interest was sincere. 

It doesn’t make sense that they drafted to trade in a prearranged deal. 1) if they did, it would have been the last piece of the deal and it would’ve happened already. And 2) there were multiple rumors that the raps asked for him to be included and the hawks declined. 

I'm just really curious what Landry and KK saw in him. I definitely trust their eyes more than mine, but I don’t see it. Hope they prove themselves right. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I haven't heard nothing about a soft rebuild from any team so far. 

Yeah I doubt this is the logic. A "soft rebuild" when you don't own your picks for the next 3 season seems like walking the tightrope over a vat of pink slips for the GM. 

file-8kAgdPLhMQ2mtQ7Ziike98YH.jpg

• Haha 4

• Premium Member

I don't want to make the same mistake about Bufkin that we're making about this team.  Bufkin is an unplayed Rookie and we're writing him off.   He may be just what we need... we don't know.  Our impatience as a fanbase is problematic.   We won't ever be happy with anything because we won't give it time to see.   or even if it's good, we will find something bad about it (ala DJ)...  We're terrible. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I don't want to make the same mistake about Bufkin that we're making about this team.  Bufkin is an unplayed Rookie and we're writing him off.   He may be just what we need... we don't know.  Our impatience as a fanbase is problematic.   We won't ever be happy with anything because we won't give it time to see.   or even if it's good, we will find something bad about it (ala DJ)...  We're terrible. 

They aren't even open to the idea of trading him. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Our impatience as a fanbase is problematic.   We won't ever be happy with anything because we won't give it time to see. 

Hmm 🧐, I don’t know about this.

Just now, NBASupes said:

Yes they are.

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Right now, to me, If AJ's personal reasons are that he's unhappy with his role on the team and has asked for a trade, then I would feel better trading him than trading Bufkin who we have yet to see. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

image.png

Let Uncle Diesel explain it to you...

Me, @Gray Mule, @sturt and a few others have come from a different generation.  I come from the generation of fotomats.    The fotomat was this..

image.png

Yeah, I picked the B/W picture so that you can feel the generation.   It was all Black and White back then.   Anyway, the fotomat was the place where you dropped off film.   Film that came from your camera.  Back in our generation, when you took a picture, it had to be developed.   Development didn't take seconds...like it does now.  Development took about a week after you dropped the film off at the fotomat.   Because of that, we learned to wait

When you took pictures of Good times, we learned to wait.   When you took pictures of sad occasions, we learned to wait.  When you took the family to the beach, when you wanted to relive that good memory, you learned to wait on it.   There were times, when you didn't take the film to the fotomat until winter to see Summer pictures.... but the wait made the viewing worthwhile

Today's generation gets pictures that they never appreciate.  They never have to wait on them.  They take the picture and immediately they can like it or discard it... because they never had to wait for it to develop.   

That's what we have with Hawks fans.  Too impatient so they are ready to discard everything before they would let it develop.   That's Bufkin, the team, the coach...  No patience. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member

@Diesel first, I love the analogy and plan to use it.

I'm just not sure it is actually new insight to the person you responded to... he's not that much younger than you or I as far as I've understood.

Point being, I'd be slower to think it's a generational thing where he's concerned... there's another explanation I'd be more inclined to accept, but hey... it's Christmas... a day to be positive toward and about everyone, imo.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Sothron said:

The value of Bogi has never been higher. This is one of the main reasons some of the people in the FO want to do a soft rebuild. Use Bogi and other assets like CC, Hunter and yes DJ after Jan 9th to build some assets and build a team more in line with Quin. 

I cant argue with that..

Its not like the current roster is going to win anything..

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JTB said:

I won’t be shocked. I’m one of the few on this board that said Murray will need to be traded (unfortunately).

if we can have a starting lineup of Trae, OG, Jalen, Siakam, OO or Capela that’s a better lineup around Trae. 

The issue I have with any deal for both OG and Siakam is that it will definitely include Murray, Hunter and Bogi…I have a big issue with trading away Bogi. Bogi fits too well in Synders scheme.

Yeah Id hate to lose Bogi.. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

I’ve been wondering the same thing GM. Like, they were genuinely excited to draft him, so it seems the interest was sincere. 

It doesn’t make sense that they drafted to trade in a prearranged deal. 1) if they did, it would have been the last piece of the deal and it would’ve happened already. And 2) there were multiple rumors that the raps asked for him to be included and the hawks declined. 

I'm just really curious what Landry and KK saw in him. I definitely trust their eyes more than mine, but I don’t see it. Hope they prove themselves right. 

Exactly.. LF acted like he was drafting the best player in the draft...Obviously he loved Bufkin..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

I’ve said it before and will say it again. Our weakness is at the 3. Siakam is good but I don’t think he can play with JJ and I’d rather bet on his upside than Siakam’s longevity. Especially on a more affordable contract. 

Hunter is too inconsistent, injury prone, and too poor of a POA defender. We need a true glue guy in our lineup. And a deal for Hunter and a first plus some legit perimeter 3&D players/glue guys will take the top off this team. 

Edited by JustSomeGuy
  • Like 2