• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

23 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It was Dre, they been recently asking for Bogi who's worth a lot more on the market where teams are willing to give a 1st for him. You need to read my posts in here. I discuss these things in detail throughout the thread. 

I'm aware of your posts lol. Im saying the hawks have never included bogi and its always been dre from the start. Masai can ask for whatever he wants but the hawks aren't increasing their offer when time is against Masai...

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think they both won and lost 🤓.

Well, looking with refreshed eyes.

Toronto is going to tank it with Barnes.   But having Barrett will win them some favor because he is Canadian.    From us... they will probably want Bogi because they lack shooters.  However, Dre fits that bill too.   I don't know what Quickly is doing there.   He's a good pot sweetner for Toronto(from NY) but with all their other players, I don't know if he has a spot?

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Final_quest said:

Expiring almost always resign.  Even when PG13 said he would go to the Lakers, he still resigned with OKC.  

The risk is a lot smaller than you guys make it sound.  

Because most teams do not have space for FA signings.  Free agency hasnt been relevant for good starters in a long time.  Teams have to SnT at a minimum because of bird rights.  Competetive teams are either in the tax or well above the first apron

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Well, looking with refreshed eyes.

Toronto is going to tank it with Barnes.   But having Barrett will win them some favor because he is Canadian.    From us... they will probably want Bogi because they lack shooters.  However, Dre fits that bill too.   I don't know what Quickly is doing there.   He's a good pot sweetner for Toronto(from NY) but with all their other players, I don't know if he has a spot?

Raps fans see Quickley as their future at PG. He was asking for $20-$25 mil this past offseason.  Barnes and Quickley. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, TwolvesFan77 said:

I know MN winning, but think ATl can still make a run at Kat at deadline?  I know @NBASupes said it was pretty much a done deal during the summer.  

No. All of three of us were reporting on that during the summer. We said it was going to happen but one of the new MN owners got cold feet and wouldn't sign off on the deal. He wanted to see what a healthy KAT would do with Gobert. 

There's no way they trade KAT with how great the TWolves have been this year.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

If we trade too much for Siakam...  Every post I make will start off...

Hey Cyde, what your boy doing?

3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I actually think the chances of a Hawks rental for Siakam have went up. Team Soft Rebuild in the FO is apparently losing to Trae's Team Get Me A Third Star faction in the FO.

I just need to know what will the pick up of Siakam mean for JJ?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Diesel said:

JJ moves to SF. JJ and Siakam would give the front court the best passing combination we've had since Horford/Millsap. JJ  hitting so well at three still gives spacing so Siakam can operate in the mid range and post.

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

They should do this yesterday.

That was in the offseason, remember. I'm honestly more interested in the Jones/Murphy/Lakers 1st for DKM deal but I don't see either happening.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Sothron said:

JJ moves to SF. JJ and Siakam would give the front court the best passing combination we've had since Horford/Millsap. JJ  hitting so well at three still gives spacing so Siakam can operate in the mid range and post.

JJ will be a good on ball defender at SF.

he will at least be a way better passer at SF then Hunter.

we still need to trade for a center who can space the floor.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I actually think the chances of a Hawks rental for Siakam have went up. Team Soft Rebuild in the FO is apparently losing to Trae's Team Get Me A Third Star faction in the FO.

There is no 3rd star. Get a rental and if the shit don't work, oh well, get a TPE for him and use that with picks to try to get another star that way. 

While I think a rental is stupid, it makes more sense each day for the TPE element. Miami did that years back to get Jimmy in FA. A TPE could get us a top end FA this year or next year. We can't do it otherwise due to the salary cap. 

We aren't going to win without Bogi or Dre but we can't get a superstar for either one. Might as well flip one for Siakam and use Siakam TPE this summer to try to get another star that way. Maybe a team who's close the cap can do a SnT where we get a decent player who's cheap and we still have a lot of TPE left.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, Diesel said:

And I'll respond... "Look at that box score and how his presence has transformed the team"

And JJ will play the 3 with the starters, and 4 with the 2nd team.

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

There is no 3rd star. Get a rental and if the shit don't work, oh well, get a TPE for him and use that with picks to try to get another star that way. 

While I think a rental is stupid, it makes more sense each day for the TPE element. Miami did that years back to get Jimmy in FA. A TPE could get us a top end FA this year or next year. We can't do it otherwise due to the salary cap. 

I think Soth is saying the 3rd star is Siakam in this scenario.

• Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, JTB said:

JJ will be a good on ball defender at SF.

he will at least be a way better passer at SF then Hunter.

we still need to trade for a center who can space the floor.

He's not even close to good right now. He's a risk taker and most of the time, he's out of position and ball watching. 

He's an occasional on-ball defender.

JJ has become the most overrated Hawk this year. Last year, it was AJ. 

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

And I'll respond... "Look at that box score and how his presence has transformed the team"

And JJ will play the 3 with the starters, and 4 with the 2nd team.

Man, I am pissed I blew my insult chances with ahf. Damnit!

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, JTB said:

I think Soth is saying the 3rd star is Siakam in this scenario.

He ain't staying. That's the problem with going to get him. He wants to play with his countryman in Philly. Philly got nothing to offer and have a ton of cap space so he's easy picking like Kawhi was. I would love to just do a SnT with Philly for him. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1