• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

I don't have a problem with Siakam if there was a chance he'd stay here. But he is not. If you remember @NBASupes talking about this before he's right: our best case if we trade for Siakam is as a pure rental player. And then in the offseason we do a S&T with Philly and at least get a massive TPE that we could potentially use or include in a deal to get another player.

Siakam is going to Philly in the offseason. We're not even a contending team one player away from a real shot at a title either. We're a lottery team that with Siakam might win enough games the rest of the year to be a play in team.

I wouldn't trade anything for that personally. I'd rather lose honestly the rest of the season, get a high pick and retool the roster in the summer. Or still don't make the trade and hope the team gets out of its own way and starts winning games.

If the NBA worked as a sport like the NHL or MLB where you can legit give up picks and prospects for a rental player, even for a playoff run with no hopes of a title, I would be fine with it. But that's not the sport works sadly.

How did Toronto get their championship? 

They traded DeRozan for Kawhi.  He got them a championship.  And bounced. 

60 games + playoffs, and he was gone.

The problem with most people is that they don't believe Siakam would be a game changer here.  So why even trade for him?  I beg to differ. Maybe not a championship, but a deep playoff run. 

I want to see Trae play with a high level frontcourt talent, to see how that would really look. Even if it's just for half a season, I want to see it.  We don't have time to mess around here. Trae's opt out year is 2026. We cant wait until 2025 to scramble to put high level players around him.  And we cant keep surrounding Trae with even more kids, hoping they develop into something. Trae deserves to play with a high level player.

The time to make a major move is NOW.

Get Siakam and see if he transforms the team.  If not, you have a chance to still remake the team via TPE.

It might be HARDER to remake the team in the summer of 2024 if we do nothing.  Our core guys are locked in through the summer of 2025. And only Capela is a free agent. The rest are locked up through 2026.

Do we keep this group together for another 2 years, if they miss the playoffs this season?

Scared money don't make no money.

Pull the trigger on Siakam.  Do not give up Trae or Jalen to get him. Everyone else is on the table.

Whatever trade that happens is going to come out of left field... It always does. I also do NOT think we trade for Siakam. That ship is sailed. We didn't anticipate getting Bey routed to us, we didn't anticipate OG going to the Knicks.

I hope it's Hunter, Patty Mills, and Saddiq for Brandon Ingram

Trae
DJM
Ingram
JJ
Capela

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Whatever trade that happens is going to come out of left field... It always does. I also do NOT think we trade for Siakam. That ship is sailed. We didn't anticipate getting Bey routed to us, we didn't anticipate OG going to the Knicks.

Trae
DJM
Ingram
JJ
Capela

I hear your sentiment.  On NOP, if I'm them, I want to trade zion while I still can.  Are there rumors of thIngram being unhappy there?  Just curious. 

27 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I hear your sentiment.  On NOP, if I'm them, I want to trade zion while I still can.  Are there rumors of thIngram being unhappy there?  Just curious. 

No clue but the point is... any trade that surfaces will be off-the-wall and will include players nobody saw coming

Everything else is a smoke show to gain leverages against other teams.. Like Siakam to Atlanta is used to gain leverage for Toronto trading him to Charlotte... that's just an illustration but we don't have any clue who the real trade partners are ever

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

"There will be wars and rumors of wars, but the end is not yet."

There has been trades and rumors of trades, but nothing has happened in Hawkville.

The New Year has opened today.  There is no action with our team.  If and when something takes place, it will probably be a surprise to us, as KG01 said, it will come out of left field.  Squawk posters will be both happy and sad.  Happy with who we got and sad with who we lost.  Remember, we can't buy a month's groceries with a nod and a grin.  We must pay for whoever we trade for.  Most all NBA players ain't cheap.

:smug:

That is right, you have pay to play.

But I think this month is going to be the most important month for the Hawks, not only for this season but maybe the next couple of years.  As of right now, this team is 13 - 19 (2 games behind Chicago) but we got to face OKC, Pacers (x2), 76ers and Magic in the next five games.  In fact, only the Spurs, Wiz, Warriors (but they will be over .500 soon) and Raptors is the only sub .500 teams this team will play this month but everybody else......If we need to do something, it needs to be soon very soon, or we will be up the creek with no paddle.  

Edited by NekiEcko
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
On 12/30/2023 at 3:51 PM, Sothron said:

I actually think the chances of a Hawks rental for Siakam have went up. Team Soft Rebuild in the FO is apparently losing to Trae's Team Get Me A Third Star faction in the FO.

As long as we are paying rental prices only. 

Thoughts on what @NBASupes said about Trae trying on convince Siakam to join/resign over the summer but Siakam declining. And if that's the case why would Trae still want him

On 12/30/2023 at 4:14 PM, NBASupes said:

A TPE could get us a top end FA this year or next year. We can't do it otherwise due to the salary cap. 

Just to note - can't use a TPE to sign a FA outright. It will have to be a SnT.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

This 

Screenshot_20240101_113317_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

I do think if we could get Tobias Harris and extend him at a reasonable salary hes an all around decent vet.  Always liked him fine except his contract.  

If we do all this for Tobias Harris, then why did we trade JC away for?  Philly would love to drop him on our necks.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, theheroatl said:

Whatever trade that happens is going to come out of left field... It always does.

Unfortunately this seems so true! Hell when we got Murray it seem like the rumors started exactly 2 days before we actually got him.

Didn’t even know Murray was on the market and don’t recall insiders mentioning it too many days before the trade went down. News was broken here first that we got Murray before it hit national media.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, theheroatl said:

Trae
DJM
Ingram
JJ
Capela

smell.gif

• Haha 3

• Premium Member

Ingram would be nice, would not hate that move at all, assuming we don't have to give up draft capital to get him here.  Guessing it would need to be a DJ centric trade though.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

CAN WE PLEEEEASE JUST MOVE ON!

We probably have moved on if this report is true.  It is in line with what others here have been saying, which is he wants to go to Philly.

• Like 2