• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

13 minutes ago, givemesome1ce1 said:

How to improve the hawks defense in one simple trade…January 9th. Get it done.

IMG_0974.jpeg

Can you get me Royce O'Neal?  Seems like Trae and Smith, Jr. legit hate each other.  It's kinda funny. 

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Pursuing Siakam remains the focus in Atlanta, leading many to suggest that Murray will not be going anywhere in the coming weeks.....

The fact of the matter is the Hawks have had no plans of losing Murray and envision him being a factor in the team's growth alongside Young. 

I know we are getting conflicting reports and whatnot...but I really want this to be true and I want it to turn out for the best.  It sucks watching one of my favorite Hawk teams slide into mediocrity and get pulled apart piece by piece. 😔

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, Wretch said:

I know we are getting conflicting reports and whatnot...but I really want this to be true and I want it to turn out for the best.  It sucks watching one of my favorite Hawk teams slide into mediocrity and get pulled apart piece by piece. 😔

I just took my Smoove #5 jersey and put a MURRAY over Smith in Duct tape and a thick black sharpie 🖊️ 

Having said that, I still think he has another level when focused, he can release that if he focuses a bit more. I wish his BBIQ was higher.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Wretch said:

They aren't going to hand anyone away. If the FO had its way they would flip Hunter/AJ for Siakam and keep DJM both now and long term. Capela will still be moved but that's more due to avoiding the LT than the team wanting him off the roster.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I’m starting to think that maybe us Hawks fans are the delusional ones.

Big time. We went from realistic when it comes to trades compared to other fanbases to delusional. Just not as delusional 

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Big time. We went from realistic when it comes to trades compared to other fanbases to delusional. Just not as delusional 

Stahhp.

We're not any more delusional than any other fanbase.  Folks gotta do a better job of understanding what they're reading.  Most trade proposals are 'hopeful' the deal breaks the way of the fan's team.  That doesn't mean the person 'expects' it to happen.

That's not delusion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The NYK can keep EF and their picks as far as I’m concerned.

Maybe they end up doing the Siakam trade….DJ and CC.  Who knows.  I’d like them to throw in Koloko if they’d go for it, worth the risk imo.  I’d rather them do that and roll with Bufkin before EF and the Knicks picks.

At this point I’d like to see DJ stick it out through the deadline at least until the summer.  You have to give to get though.  Would hate to end up settling for something mediocre just to move him.

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Final_quest said:

They are disappointed because he was supposed to be a reclaimation project and go up in value.  You’re giving his per 36 stats.  Teams don’t want to pay $27M for his actual production of 13/8.  You think the Jazz expected 13 points and 8 rebounds?  

WTF did the Jazz expect when they are starting him at small forward and playing him fewer minutes?  That would be like adding Trae and expecting him to up his assists when you cut his minutes and give him a role where a substantial amount of his time he is playing off the ball.

I said from the time the trade happened that it was going to be a challenge for Utah to find a role for him due to the amount of size and depth in their frontcourt.  Anyone who actually wanted to boost his numbers would be playing him as the primary role man in an offense like he was when he averaged 20/10.  That was never going to happen with Utah’s roster.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, dalamchops said:

zion looked bad last night. i think his knees r toast, could barely get up to the rim

With the current state of the team taken into consideration, Zion isn’t worth the risk imo.  It certainly does have the appeal of something that could pay off huge…but still risky.  Too big a gamble.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I would go soft rebuild. Draft picks, cap flexibility. Sucks, but that's how it goes sometimes. 

Who would you like to trade and for what kind of return?

• Premium Member
On 12/18/2023 at 2:12 AM, Sothron said:

This is a low key name we have interest in. If you don't watch the Jazz you probably don't realize how good he is. He defends, he has high BB IQ and I think he would fit great here.

Simone Fontecchio

He's like the Italian version of Carroll from the good Bud years. 

Any update on this guy?

• Like 1