• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

Again and again, I ask myself, "Why did the Hawks draft Kobe Bufkin?"  The answer continues to be, so that he can back up Trae.  When he's back, 100%, which he appears to be after his stint with the Skyhawks, I expect him to be our PG when Trae takes a break.

This leaves Murray as the 2 guard exclusively with someone else as his backup.  Or, could it be that Kobe is his back-up and not Trae's?  Regardless, I expect to see him get a few minutes off the bench, beginning as soon as he is on the roster and available.

Another question.  If we trade Murray, heaven forbid, can Kobe Bufkin step in as his replacement as a starting 2 guard?

:smug:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

this is an elaborate fan fiction to create  pathway for Murray to go to new york for cheap af assets... 

Agree with this.  The worst thing about it is the nyk fan crap extends to actual media people. 

"Yeah we gonna get Murray for Fournier!  Then we gonna flip 'im for MOAR assets after half a year.  And we gonna winitall too!!"

They put their wish-hope out as "actual intel" and people eat it up.  Annoying.

• Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

This feels like one of those hypotheticals that they used to throw out about how they were going to get LeBron for garbage picks and an overpaid anchor contract.  Don't change Knicks fans!

LOL yep

TBH the whole Murray rumor mill spun up for no reason IMO. The rumor mill spins up sometimes randomly on random players... Murray is on a great contract, the Ressler's like Murray a TON, going black on social is similar to Dre going black (completely unrelated to basketball)

The crapstorm rumor mill (twitterverse realGM, etc.) spins up usually on desirable players for larger market teams.. if you look at the past.. it's always been a star player on a smaller market team going to a larger market team for crap assets. Larger markets being only LA and NY.

It's the age old "how to generate NBA news in large markets"

Next it could be Darius Garland or Cade Cunningham or Maxey

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

this is an elaborate fan fiction to create  pathway for Murray to go to new york for cheap af assets... 

I hate fans sometimes, the trashiest ideas are put out there. IMO Murray will NOT be traded. That contract is very valuable long term.

Reminds me of those connect the dots things we did as kids....only they have quite a few dots missing. 😎

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Again and again, I ask myself, "Why did the Hawks draft Kobe Bufkin?"  The answer continues to be, so that he can back up Trae.  When he's back, 100%, which he appears to be after his stint with the Skyhawks, I expect him to be our PG when Trae takes a break.

This leaves Murray as the 2 guard exclusively with someone else as his backup.  Or, could it be that Kobe is his back-up and not Trae's?  Regardless, I expect to see him get a few minutes off the bench, beginning as soon as he is on the roster and available.

Another question.  If we trade Murray, heaven forbid, can Kobe Bufkin step in as his replacement as a starting 2 guard?

:smug:

I think Kobe excels more as a SG with a little play making. He struggled as the primary lead guard in SL.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think Kobe excels more as an SG with a little play making. He struggled as the primary lead guard in SL.

this is a great observation.. I completely agree... I think if he is free to score and not playmake that is natural

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, theheroatl said:

TBH the whole Murray rumor mill spun up for no reason IMO

Murray probably asked out > our FO started gauging interest > other teams' FOs then know we're shopping him > leaks to media

10 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Murray probably asked out > our FO started gauging interest > other teams' FOs then know we're shopping him > leaks to media

If Murray asked out we would’ve actually seen that leak. No need to jump to conclusions. Why would Murray ask out.. think about that some more. Murray didn’t ask out of SA, he also just signed a new contract. How many times do newly signed players ask out.. lol

what you are doing is reverse concluding based on Knicks fan fiction… do better

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Who would you like to trade and for what kind of return?

Well CC and Dre are the most obvious trade pieces. Market for them is probably like warm at best. DJ and JJ are the most attractive trade assets we have, but I'd prefer they stay. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

It's very hard for many Hawks fans to toe the line and show some patience.   As soon as the Trade Deadline creeps up, we start to look for players to trade... regardless of what our situation.   This is the foolish part of Hawks fans.   We could be on track to being a 70 win team... as soon as the trade deadline comes up, you would see Hawks fans trying to figure out who we could trade. 

Here's the hard word for the Hawks fans...  IF we trade nobody, we will be OK.  Right now, there is a whole bunch of nothing out there.   The Nothing that is out there does nothing to make us better.  Sure, there are some areas that we would like to see us better... but some of it is just maturing under Snyder's system and the other is us getting back to full health.   If we could get a third star like Siakam for Hunter... Cool... but there's no need for us to throw everything at him because he's a rental.   No, he will not resign with us.  He has full control.   30 years ago, we felt that Danny Manning had no choice but to resign with us... and he Walked. 

So.. No, I'm in no hurry to trade just for the sake of trading. 

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Sothron said:

The Hawks would like to add him as a rotation forward but Ainge wants too much at least for now. I also have to add there would be real competition for him on the trade market. I'm kinda surprised at how under the radar he's been so far for general NBA fans. He's the forward version of Caruso and gets 1/100th of the attention.

Is he as impactful on defense as Caruso?

15 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Hawks would like to add him, but (insert GM here) wants too much

Why does it feel like this is the sentiment with literally every trade discussion we have on here?  And then the Hawks trade a starter for a bag of rocks and a TPE or a young 6th man for a pick and players with one foot out of the league.  

Sometimes I really wish I wasn't born a Hawks fan.  :ahf:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
Posted (edited)

NBA: Jerami Grant Trade Deal to the Atlanta Hawks Could Help the Portland Trail Blazers Rebuild (msn.com)

he Portland Trail Blazers’ Jerami Grant trade to the Atlanta Hawks is on the cards at the moment and is likely to go through very soon.   Interesting.   I tried to find out specifics but Im just getting they are very active on the trade front.  No names at this point.  

AJ and Capela?   I'm not sure on this one.  

Probably just another BS Rumor

Edited by Vol4ever
info

11 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Why does it feel like this is the sentiment with literally every trade discussion we have on here?  And then the Hawks trade a starter for a bag of rocks and a TPE or a young 6th man for a pick and players with one foot out of the league.  

Sometimes I really wish I wasn't born a Hawks fan.  :ahf:

Historically speaking most trades that go through look like overpays at the moment but stars perform and they don't look back on the trades..

Masai getting Kawhi rental

Wolves getting Gobert

OG trade

Anthony Davis

Most of the time for a trade to work it has to be lopsided slightly in the seller's favor but in reality it ends up in the buyers favor over time as the assets don't pan out. For example the Luka trade seemed like a overpay with Dallas giving up a FRP to move up 2 spots but in hindsight..

Edited by theheroatl

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, theheroatl said:

If Murray asked out we would’ve actually seen that leak. No need to jump to conclusions. Why would Murray ask out.. think about that some more. Murray didn’t ask out of SA, he also just signed a new contract. How many times do newly signed players ask out.. lol

what you are doing is reverse concluding based on Knicks fan fiction… do better

Doubt we would have seen that leaked, if the conversation was something like: "this isn't really working, I'd like to go to a few teams if you guys can work a trade that makes sense".  I have no doubts conversations like that happen.  Why would that get leaked?  The evidence is the fact everyone suddenly reports Murray is available.  So it's either that or our FO is just shopping him without his consent, which I highly doubt we would do for reputation reasons, given he just signed a friendly extension. 

Basic logic of the facts we're seeing is what I'm using.  And I'm not making my conclusion off of fantasy Knicks trade reports, but I appreciate the accusation.  I'm drawing conclusions off of every national outlet suddenly reporting Murray is available, Murray scrubbing his social media of all Hawks content mid-season, him and his dad tweeting things about how he's out of position, and what I can see with my own eyes (that statistics also back up), which is Murray and Trae have no synergy.  If anything, they have anti-synergy on the court.  All of the evidence points to we are shopping Murray to upgrade the roster or find pieces that fit better.  Whether he had a part of asking out or not is only speculation, but I would not be surprised if there was a mutual agreement from the Hawks org and Murray to part ways, this trade deadline or offseason.

• Like 2