• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

Firsts to help facilitate offseason trades is a good thing imo.  This ship isnt getting on course this season— this is not like past years where we just needed to get it together.  We have major flaws and Quin needs to develop most of our role players heavily.  I hope we can make something happen in the offseason…

• Like 2

• Admin
45 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Updates:

Other teams jumped in on the 15th. We have a framework for a trade in place, just depends on the other team willing to pay the price for Murray. 

Other teams jumped in on Murray as well as other players. I do not think hawks fans will love the return on the players I'm hearing the most about being moved (DJM, Capela, Hunter)  because it definitely sounds like first rounders and not actual real talent is coming back in trades. More like expiring contracts tied to first round picks. 

Late pushes include Detroit, Knicks, Nets, Kings and two teams not allowed to name in public.

Lame … what a waste

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, capstone21 said:

Lame … what a waste

Not trying to bring anyone down or make folks upset but not going to sugar coat things either. I see that @Mikey is apparently hearing the same thing in terms of a return from his source. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Updates:

Other teams jumped in on the 15th. We have a framework for a trade in place, just depends on the other team willing to pay the price for Murray. 

Other teams jumped in on Murray as well as other players. I do not think hawks fans will love the return on the players I'm hearing the most about being moved (DJM, Capela, Hunter)  because it definitely sounds like first rounders and not actual real talent is coming back in trades. More like expiring contracts tied to first round picks. 

Late pushes include Detroit, Knicks, Nets, Kings and two teams not allowed to name in public.

If we're getting picks back, I hope it's because we have plans to flip them for productive players. We need some vets on this team :search:

• Like 3

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, akay said:

If we're getting picks back, I hope it's because we have plans to flip them for productive players. We need some vets on this team :search:

my guess: we get the picks, tank the rest of this season and use the picks in the offseason to bring in someone.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2023 at 7:29 PM, bird_dirt said:

I don’t mind trading Bogi for Caruso at all. You know Bogi is going to miss significant time at some point so I’ve always thought we need to trade while he’s healthy at his peak value. 
Caruso has his own health issues like Bogi, so like for like is a good deal, but us tossing in the picks is a bit much. 

At best Caruso for Bogi is an even swap.  If anyone is owed a first rounder, it would be us. He's just not that good.  Any gain in defense is offset by his lack of offense.  The FO needs to be completely replaced, and Ressler's son does not need to have any input at all.  As Trae will be disgusted, we will be starting over from scratch, and the other teams know we have no leverage, players will leave and we get 2nd rounders and washed up has beens, or never weres.  The fan base will not like this at all.

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, Sothron said:

Updates:

I figured this was coming.  I heard the small comments.  After the Washington debacle,  there was little doubt in my mind what would end up happening.   I'm not ready for another rebuild, but it's here or maybe I just leave.  I'm disappointed but like I said I'm not surprised.  In the end there is more important things in life and less stress to be had.  I'll probably be around tho, too many years invested.  

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Sothron said:

my guess: we get the picks, tank the rest of this season and use the picks in the offseason to bring in someone.

That doesn't seem to work out very well for us.  Instead of high quality players, we get the Beys (decent, but not going to put anyone over the top), and the Mat(t)hews, and g league scrubs. This is really a disappointing outcome for this season.  I don't want Nate back, but it appears that Snyder was overrated, too.

19 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Edited by Watchman
  • Sad 2

Not trying to bring anyone down or make folks upset but not going to sugar coat things either. I see that @Mikey is apparently hearing the same thing in terms of a return from his source. 

I personally am a fan of the returns and think they getting their best bang for their Buck in a djm deal. 

that being said I know a majority of fans want real production back and “win now” moves which aren’t gonna happen with these for this particular season

• Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I personally am a fan of the returns and think they getting their best bang for their Buck in a djm deal. 

that being said I know a majority of fans want real production back and “win now” moves which aren’t gonna happen with these for this particular season

We've been through rebuild after rebuild after rebuild.  How did we go from conference championship series to another start from scratch rebuild in this short a time period?  This adds on to the legacy of disappointment that we have been plagued with for such a long time.  It's like management is going out of their way to fail.

• Like 3

Although I have my issues with Trae I realize you don't find players like Trae every day. Trae has plenty of room to improve such as  moving  the ball and shot selection but all in all I'm ok with the backcourt. My problem is with the front court which lacks   size,athleticism, and the ability to score. We need some bigs who come to play every night. JJ is coming along but he needs help.

Are we developing our young players? What is up with AJ Griffin ? I am really disappointed with his development. We have to hit on our draft picks and free agents. Then we have to develop them. 

We fans have to realize you don't find players like Trae and Murray everyday even with their short comings. To get better the Hawks may have to break this team up . I would hate to see that because their is no guarantees . As you see we screwed this rebuild up. Who is to say we would get it right a second time. Would Trae even stay?

• Like 3

Is the current iteration of the trade at least better than the initial one you guys were hearing?  If they made a big stink about so many teams being interested and then end dealing DM for junk, I'm going to be extremely irritated at this FO. 

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Phunkabilly said:

Is the current iteration of the trade at least better than the initial one you guys were hearing?  If they made a big stink about so many teams being interested and then end dealing DM for junk, I'm going to be extremely irritated at this FO. 

Yes, the interest in Murray around the league as well as the other offers for our other players has increased the value of the trade offers. I can definitely verify that. 

I'll add this: if we had our own first rounders there's no question in my mind we would do a complete rebuild in the offseason. We do not have our first rounders so I don't see that happening. Unless we trade with the Spurs and get those picks back I just do not see it happening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Sothron said:

Yes, the interest in Murray around the league as well as the other offers for our other players has increased the value of the trade offers. I can definitely verify that. 

I'll add this: if we had our own first rounders there's no question in my mind we would do a complete rebuild in the offseason. We do not have our first rounders so I don't see that happening. Unless we trade with the Spurs and get those picks back I just do not see it happening.

So this post here you’re basically saying that the Spurs AREN’T one of the teams you’re hearing that has a trade offer for us… is that correct? They’re not currently in the picture?

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

I am worried we are going to suck this season by design; fail in our trade efforts to bring in a second star; not get immediate stars with our picks; lose a bunch the next couple years; lose Trae; and end up with a total rebuild in a couple of years that will have us trading away JJ so we don’t waste his prime tanking.  Then we will be almost 10 years removed from being competitive before we come back around.  This seems very plausible if our front office can’t handle the next 36 months and the fact that we just brought in someone help of a less than proven successful caliber is not a ringing endorsement of even Ressler’s confidence in this group.

It doesn’t need to go that badly.  But oof.  The potential for eviacerating ourselves is there.

Duuuuude, I just woke up.. reality bites.. STOP 🛑 IT!!! I don’t wanna hear this bs!!!

@Sothron your source is a putz I’m sorry we aren’t tanking we have chip aspirations with Trae. We are gonna get vets back and get this thing straight.

Ps Landry is quite honestly the dumbest supposedly smart guy I’ve ever seen in my life. Does this guy realize he’s the acting GM now, like, he’s not there to watch or anything. 

I’ll agree with one thing.. 

Top to bottom matters and our top blows.

Since I’m NFL excited after 32 years again I’ll say one thing, management is HUGE.

Look at Brad Holmes the 🦁 GM, he’s made moves on moves, taken risks (moves down from a stud Bijan to draft a stud Gibbs; RISKY)..

When Brad drafts a guy he’s genuinely about to bust one he’s so excited. It matters..

It trickles down..

I said to a friend last night , Brad Holmes and Dan Campbell are my fav front office ever (mad at Ford’s but Martha seems diff) and the next closest would be the 2015 Danny Ferry racist a$$ front office who minus the weird racial comments was smart and knew how to put chemistry together and it clicked.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AHF said:

I am worried we are going to suck this season by design; fail in our trade efforts to bring in a second star; not get immediate stars with our picks; lose a bunch the next couple years; lose Trae; and end up with a total rebuild in a couple of years that will have us trading away JJ so we don’t waste his prime tanking.  Then we will be almost 10 years removed from being competitive before we come back around.  This seems very plausible if our front office can’t handle the next 36 months and the fact that we just brought in Chris Grant is not a ringing endorsement of even Ressler’s confidence in this group.

It doesn’t need to go that badly.  But oof.  The potential for eviacerating ourselves is there.

We're on the precipice of a bumfumbling of epic proportions.  Theres no reason to believe this FO and (cl)ownership is capable of navigating these waters.

Perhaps the most perplexing part is a large percentage of the board is actively rooting for it to happen.

It's gonna be weird watching all these 'fans' turn on JJ in the coming seasons. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2