• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

As I just posted in the historical Trae thread, the guy that may have been ideal to pair with Trae, was Kristaps Porzingis.  A 7 - 2 big that can rim run and also shoot out to 3 point range.  Zinger is also a much better defender than Clint or OO, holding people to 43% FG when he guards or contests their shots.

I was suggesting the same for a long time.  His injury history had me slightly concerned, but not enough to pass him up.  I was really upset when we missed on that.

16 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

And this is what I can't stand about our front office approach.

We refuse to add pieces and let go of "precious project players", in order to put better players around Trae.  Instead, the option is to blow it up AGAIN, and wait 5 years for us to get better.

Meanwhile, the media and talking heads are going to do all they can to get Trae out of ATL.

When in her entire career has Rachel Nichols did some sort of feature piece about what Trae Young should do?  And where in the hell did Boogie Cousins come from all of a sudden?  He has hot takes on Trae's career?

These guys F'd up big time, thinking that Clint and 12 were worth keeping as vital role players, instead of flipping.

Like I told people in the summer, 2026 is fast approaching.  You sell off any and everything not named Jalen Johnson, in order to construct a better fitting team that matches their skill sets.  And don't worry about "winning" a damn trade.  Just get better fitting pieces in here ASAP.

Trading Murray for draft picks is going to turn out to be a disaster, because those draft picks aren't going to turn into lottery players.  They're going to turn into more mediocre talent.  So if you don't IMMEDIATELY have a plan to flip those draft picks to bring in more significant players, we're dead in the water.

Here is some real shit I'm about to say.  And I'm sorry if this comes off too harsh.

With everything going on in the world right now, and with some of us on this very board who are 50, 60, 70, 80, almost 90 years old on this forum . . . some of us may not have another 5 - 10 years on this Earth to wait for the Hawks to finally get it right.

To see this franchise possibly give up building around arguably the 3rd best player in it's history ( behind Petit and Nique ), is beyond maddening for me.

Let go of some of these one-dimensional and/or passive ass role players, and get some real versatile talent in here . . . even if it's young talent that haven't been given a shot to show what they can do.

And Quin, you have 12 months to get this right, once we do change the mix.  The franchise would be idiotic to get rid of the All-Star talent, and keep the coach who has a worse record than Nate as coach of the Hawks.

All of this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
46 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

That’s exactly what we need. Really any team should want that.

Whats the catch then? Why is NY looking to trade him? Seems like that should be a good fit in between Brunson and OG.

He played 29 mins last year and 16 this year.  Lost his spot in the rotation.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

He played 29 mins last year and 16 this year.  Lost his spot in the rotation.  

So like us trying to sell AJ Griffin for a borderline all-star

• Thanks 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, ShooterSays said:

Travis failed too. No way Tony wins that argument or even demands that if the scouting report on Luka was right. 

If the scouting report had been right then he would have gone first.  Not like it was Trae and JJJ picked ahead of him.  It was two guys who weren't even good enough to stay with the teams that drafted them. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, parfait said:

Hey @Sothronand @Mikey now that the 15th has come and gone, what timeline do you think we're looking at. Pretty much the trade deadline?

We have a deal in place for Murray but the other team is dithering. We had more offers come in so the FO is taking time to see if they can pair up some guys in deals for higher returns or possibly a name player coming back. Doubtful but they are doing the due diligence on it.

I hate the perception is the FO is clueless. It isn't. It is just handicapped by an owner that can come in at any second and take over negotiations or nix a trade from happening. 

3 minutes ago, HawksNWaffles said:

@Sothron also how did your Warhammer session go ? Funny enough someone invited me to try blood rage 😂

It was a blast! We are playing again Thursday. It is this horde game mode one friend found online. Basically 3 of us each have 1000 point armies working together against a horde of bad guys coming in waves.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Plus he is a limited player and they would like to upgrade longterm.  He is a nice off the bench support player.  He isn't a core guy.  They are ready to lose him and improve their roster so fine with dealing him.

Very limited. He's not a starter. He's one of those Bogi types but not a Bogi type.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

Whats the catch then? Why is NY looking to trade him? Seems like that should be a good fit in between Brunson and OG.

2 hours ago, Sothron said:

Paying him down the line plus if they get something worthwhile in terms of a contract it helps them use it for salary match in the offseason plus their first rounders to get another star player.

Similar to Detroit wanting to move Saddiq, he becomes early extension eligible this off season and Knicks don't want to pay him.  So like Bey - a plethora of 2nds. 

Saddiq Bey (2021-2023) vs. Quentin Grimes (2022-2024): Head-to-Head Stats Comparison | Stathead.com

• Like 2

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, Sothron said:

It is just handicapped by an owner that can come in at any second and take over negotiations or nix a trade from happening. 

giphy.gif

Who wants to do some jail time next time they go to a Hawks game and do this to Messy Ressy when he walks by you?

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3