• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

49 minutes ago, parfait said:

Hey @Sothronand @Mikey now that the 15th has come and gone, what timeline do you think we're looking at. Pretty much the trade deadline?

Like sothron said a framework is on the table the team just has to accept. Really just depends on their urgency and if they convince themselves it’s not a lateral move. 

if that team decides it’s not worth it *at this point* I think they would still move him by the deadline and same goes for capela. I think both gonna be moved together. Dre is a tough one to gauge 

• Thanks 4

40 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I hate the perception is the FO is clueless. It isn't. It is just handicapped by an owner that can come in at any second and take over negotiations or nix a trade from happening. 

Six in a hand, half-dozen in the 'nother. 

You know my motto.  I.S.E.

Tha evidentz, saffron.  Tha evidentz.  

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, AHF said:

There are several reasons for this which include the following:

(1)  When the Coach's son is part of the front office you can consider the owner a de facto part of the perception.  

(2)  When the GM and Assistant GM have such limited experience and have set such a complex task in front of them it is going to create uncertainty as to whether they are up to the task and can thread the needle on a difficult midseason retool exercise.

(3)  When the GM has zero moves to his track record other than (a) worthless FA signings; (b) a draft class waiting on its first meaningful minute of NBA play; and (c) giving away the team's starting PF for nothing, it doesn't increase the confidence of the fan base that he is ready for what is a much more difficult task of trading half the roster and rebuilding on the fly.

(4)  When you bring in Chris Grant who is perceived by the fans as someone who botched the job in Cleveland and stuck his foot in his mouth in Atlanta and you are doing that because the GM/AGM were seen as being too inexperienced that reinforces the fears noted above and raises all kinds of questions.

To add to this, as soon as the "everyone has a voice" bullshit started, that just signals "no one has a voice".  It means everyone is giving input and their opinion and Ressler is making final decisions.  He's operating like a CEO with everyone else as his C suite instead of an owner that has delegated duties to a FO leader.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

soon we will be seeking ZERO 1st rounds picks.

I would not hate a Caleb Martin trade to be honest.  He's a good defender and would probably be our best defender if we traded for him.  I have no idea who else we'd center a trade around.  If it's Herro, he might be a worse defender than Trae.

• Premium Member

I appreciate that we're drumming up interest to hopefully drive a higher price in whatever deal we are actually serious about, but Miami, LA, Golden State, and New York have nothing on their roster that I would really be too happy with.  

4 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

Please keep this between y’all in your DMs. We don’t need to see any “package” 😝

You act like you've never seen a game(****) before

3cd030596bb3a7cddcbfaacf4ebf29b2.gif

Edited by HawksNWaffles
  • Haha 4

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I would not hate a Caleb Martin trade to be honest.  He's a good defender and would probably be our best defender if we traded for him.  I have no idea who else we'd center a trade around.  If it's Herro, he might be a worse defender than Trae.

You'd most likely be getting Duncan Robinson and a very far future pick :blanky:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Really just depends on their urgency

Hawks need to put a time limit on this...23 more days of this, 12 more games of this.....:banghead::head_wall::tommy::shout:

.....might need a vacation :beach:

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hawks need to put a time limit on this...23 more days of this, 12 more gamed of this.....:banghead::head_wall::tommy::shout:

Don't be too upset, cupcake schedule until the deadline:

image.png

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Why not just wait until a trade occurs and then weigh in on it? These things are extremely fluid, how do you expect "insiders" to know every detail of every potential trade?

You're in the wrong thread for suggestions like that lol

• Haha 3

funny-positive-meme-18-585x403.jpg

But seriously all of this doom and gloom does not fit this place.  This team went through worse than this.  Throughout the years from ASG to now, this team has dealt with a lot of issues.  From ownership to quality of play on the court, it has been a trying time but one thing about it is that better days will come. 

I know that ownership gets alot of flax for their actions and its well-deserved but at the same time, what they are doing is not going to destroy this team forever, it is just a learning experience from them to see what they can do to improve (Believe me, the owners of the Braves and Falcons can tell you stories of their screw-ups).

Right now, this experience is teaching them that if you want to have the Larry O'Brien trophy then you have to be fully on-board.  If you are in this for a quick buck, then you might need to pass the ownership that wants to make it happen.

At the end of the day, everyone should just calm down and look at the bigger picture or not and find somebody to place the blame on and having these media idiots wants to take Trae away from here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
55 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Dre is a tough one to gauge 

Well yeah....he's missed 15 games of the 39 games we've played.  Most likely 17 of the first 41 he will have missed. 

We are almost at the halfway point of the season. Our next 2 games are against the magic and heat.

We'll be 16-25 or 17-24 or 18-23 in our first 41 games. 

• Like 1