• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

Someone has to ask the question….should we start looking at Trae trades and just hold on to Murray to make a potential rebuild not last as long ?

I hate that even has to be a discussion but the FO and owners got caught with their pants down and we are suffering as a fanbase.

5 minutes ago, JTB said:

Someone has to ask the question….should we start looking at Trae trades and just hold on to Murray to make a potential rebuild not last as long ?

I hate that even has to be a discussion but the FO and owners got caught with their pants down and we are suffering as a fanbase.

I am wondering the same. And this is NOT what I want because Trae is our superstar and our FO has done a terrible job setting him up for success. BUT if we aren’t going to get much of a return for Murray and Trae asks out anyway due to lack of success and frustration here.. then it might make more sense to move him instead and get pieces to surround Murray. 

This is not what I want us to do but at this point I have no faith that our FO will get the right pieces around Trae in time. It can’t be easy for him to see teams like the pacers roll the dice on Siakam and pair him with Halliburton and the Knicks make moves to get OG. Everyone else is getting better and we’re sitting here baiting Murray 🤷🏾‍♀️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

Holding out for a KAT sweepstakes still makes more sense than anything I've seen on here or Twitter or anywhere.  Minny going to have to part ways for him and a DJ package is gonna be a very good fit.  We might not get it done, but I'd rather strike out on KAT than bring in some of the trash I've seen floated around

It feels like this is our only hope at this point. I hope you are right. Trae needs a big to play next to. 

• Like 1

If the front Office & owners have any sense we will see a report that Murray is no longer on the trade market.

that would signal a lot of good hope to the fan base. But if we make a trade just trade or to get back picks…it signals the end of the Trae era. Sadly.

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, JTB said:

Ive entertained the idea but I dont know if Murray is Quins guy.  Murray doesnt do anything that looks like Quins offense, he just does his own thimg out there.  And we dont have our picks so the haul for Trae still needs to be win now pieces… cant imagine we’ll be getting equal talent back otherwise the team trading for Trae wont be competitive anyways, so why would they do it?

1 hour ago, AHF said:

I asked whether we were talking about a hypothetical world where we traded Trae for our picks.  Because in the absence of that, we would have no chance at getting back into the lottery.

But if we are dumping Trae as you suggest, basically at that point we are just tanking it up with other losers and hoping we get lucky.  A 2 year timeframe for that is exceptionally short but sure why not live it up and imagine that ownership is willing to dump Trae right now and the fan base will be cool with that.  If we are imagining that then why not imagine that not only do we win the lottery for the first time in franchise history but we draft a franchise changing player and he gets us back into the playoffs faster than Michael Jordan did with the Bulls.

Oh, and if we are working off of a "core" of Bufin and Jalen and whoever we add in this year's draft that is going to be hard as **** to get back in the playoffs next year.  And if we do somehow get back in the playoffs then there is no lottery pick anyway.  It is hard for me to express how little confidence I have in Bufkin and Jalen and whatever vets we add through these trades and FA having us anywhere near the playoffs next year.  I would bet anything that it doesn't happen.  If we strip the team down to those two and Grimes, etc. then I will make an avatar bet with you where you pick my avatar for the next 3 years and I get to pick your avatar for a single week.  Bet is on whether we make the 2025 playoffs (but it comes with the condition that I can be ruthless with your avatar for that one week).

The Murray trade rumors do not have any chance of landing a lottery pick in the next two years unless they significantly differ from what has been reported on this thread.  That was really the point of my post.

To be clear I’m not saying that core will make the playoffs next year. I’m just saying in general building a playoff team is easy and if they surrounded an x amount if players they define as their core with good vets they can push for it. If they trade Trae they are bottoming out with cooper and ace in mind 

28 minutes ago, JTB said:

If you’re trading Trae you’re trading both of them. No benefit of having Murray at all. He puts you in a spot you’re not good enough to make playoffs and not bad enough to get top 5 odds 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hey Squawkers, say hi to all the 'guests' 

Screenshot_20240119_185544_Samsung Internet.jpg

......tell us where you are checking in from: New York, Toronto, Minny, Houston.

Say hi....we don't bite🤓

Speak for yo'self...

Also, time to fire up the fake rumorsssss... 

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
55 minutes ago, AHF said:

Middleton's issue is that he is 33 next year making $32M and is more of a 15 & 5 guy whose defense has taken a step back.  We could definitely use him if we want to compete this season but if not then not sure he is the right guy to add.  

That's my feeling.  It must mean that we don't expect Hunter to be back in any good shape..because we get more from Hunter than we would get from Middleton.

Please stop trying to Trade just for the sake of trading!!

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Just hold on to Murray.  Let's play this season out.   I believe that it can work...  
And When Minny goes out in the first round... Let's be there to pick up KAT and keep it moving!

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, gurpilo said:

Well is easier to build around DJM, JJ and OO than around Trae.

Trae should get us a star, as KAT and additionally a real good player.

giphy.gif  giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952f9vbhxnnvjh1rae4vd  OdmL.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Just hold on to Murray.  Let's play this season out.   I believe that it can work...  
And When Minny goes out in the first round... Let's be there to pick up KAT and keep it moving!

This.  Just trade Clint and smHunter for frontcourt or wang help. 

4 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Well is easier to build around DJM, JJ and OO than around Trae.

Trae should get us a star, as KAT and additionally a real good player.

False. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

This is the way 

Nah man, you and the insiduhs want Trae gone.  I gave your bandwagon seat to this crackhead I ran into.  Actually, can you help me get him off the wagon.  He's about 17% more annoying than I can take.  I'll give you your seat back.  Please? 

• Haha 3