• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

29 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'll believe it when Nicky ... er, @theheroatl .. I mean, @Mikey tells me it's so. 🧐

I said this the other day and it’s pretty clear the lakers are the leaders. Only hold up is who is taking d lo (who I think teams are personally viewing poorly since he’s been pretty good this year). But as more trades go down and teams show which direction they’re taking more and more teams can be that facilitator. I haven’t heard recently any new suitors or new packages. Favorites are lakers and Knicks 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The writing is on the wall...and answers questions regarding the offers we're hearing about.  I believe this FO will do the best it can, but clearly there are more factors at work here than just having a losing record and trying to improve the team.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Still time until the deadline, but are the offers actually going to get better even into the offseason?  I doubt they're going to get two REAL first round picks and a quality starter.  I think they probably can get either two first rounds picks or a player and a pick.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Only hold up with buying crystal Pepsi is they don’t sell it anymore.  

Why did I read 'crystal meth' here?  I was thinking, 'trust me, there's a whole lot more hold ups with buying crystal meth'.  😄

... so I'm told. 😏

:Bob: They used-ta put crystal meth in coffee back in my day.  That's a real pick me up. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Sothron said:

Uh...no to the first sentence. Hachimura is trash. Lazy, inefficient and plays no defense. Want zero part of him.

Agree with the next two sentences.

FWIW Nick Ressler is an avid NBA 2K gamer. He used to bring trades he got in franchise mode to the rest of the FO. He stopped doing it after I mentioned it on  here. 

Ressler has a burner account on the Squawk too. I don't know who it is but he's on here. So feel free to talk to Nick. He will see it.

Found him

screen-shot-2018-08-20-at-4-25-44-pm.png

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Found him

screen-shot-2018-08-20-at-4-25-44-pm.png

I tried that mode one time in like 2K18 where you have to listen to your players and all that annoying crap. 

The only part that made it fun was that I got to choose my name: d*ck Wipe 

and it was fun seeing people ask d*ck Wipe questions. 

Nick, do you ever do that for entertainment?

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Murray and Klutch are pushing to get to the Lakers. Teams have consistently low balled us. Personally I would pull him off the market if the best offer is 2029 Lakers pick, DLo flipped to a third team and that's pretty much it. Terrible return for Murray.

They should have shut down any talk on DLo immediately, as he has very limited value to gain any assets to flip to us. 

Should have stuck to Reaves as he would have more trade value if they weren't interested in keeping him as a fit with Trae. You want player(s)/pick(s) with real value to flip to improve the team.

The 'needing' an expiring contract back tells the tale. :blanky:

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'm not buying that it is reality unless it actually happens.  We've seen it repeatedly with Dame, Harden, Siakam and many others that teams who hold out for value for established players do better in these deals than the ones who just take whatever is the best among a stinking heap of bad offers.  This is what our front office is paid to do.  Go get real value and don't trade Dejounte unless and until a real offer comes.  If you have to hold him that isn't a bad thing.  He is a good player on a good contract in the prime of his career.  That is a strong position for you and means you shouldn't feel rushed.

Thing is I don't have a comfort level with our FO and Messy Ressy makes me uncomfortable.

• Like 4