• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
  • The Utah Jazz are being considered both a buyer and seller at this juncture, with ball-handlers Jordan ClarksonCollin Sexton and Talen Horton-Tucker considered available for trade, sources said. And while the Jazz are confident in rookie Keyonte George’s fitness as their point guard of the future, the Jazz have also registered interest in several veterans, including Murray, sources said, to possibly hold the position in the interim.

@Sothron

• Like 3

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Wretch said:

LOL...no this totally makes YOU sound like the burner!  I am a piece of furniture on the Squawk.  Albiet lamp sitting in a less trafficked corner of the house, I'm still a vetted long-time fixture.  Literally @Sothron and I know each other in IRL.

I'm ~70% certain that I know @Diesel too, but he's good at keeping his shields up lol

Yes, we've met a few times. Wretch is a great guy and his wife is aces too. We should hang out more often, bro. You haven't seen our new house yet. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, thecampster said:

Houston and a few other teams in play for Capela.

Which other teams? OKC, Dallas, Knicks?

What would a Houston trade look like?

Oladipo and Landale (both expirings) ➕️ for CC.

Landale can backup OO.

29 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Jazz are one of the quiet teams trying to get Murray. They can outbid anyone for him IMO. 

Send us Lauri we will pay for his max extension they can have DJ on the bargain: 

image.thumb.png.8a6401e7a2a5b188981fde73a541758b.png

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, AHF said:

He is more established now than when we traded for him.  When we traded for him, he was coming off of seasons where he averaged 10.9 points on .524% TS%/ and 4.1 assists and 15.7 points on .509% TS% and 5.4 assists.  His last two years in SA he shot 31.7% and 32.7% from 3pt range.  He had one big season in his career and his contract was expiring in two seasons when he would be an UFA.  

Whatever team ends up with him is getting him locked in on his contract for the prime seasons of his career at a lower than market rate (again check out what FVV makes by comparison) and he will be coming off 3 consecutive seasons of 20 / 5 / 5 play in which he set career highs for his TS% every season (and a career high on his 3pt% as well).  

This is not a sell low guy.  You have to get real value for him or loudly refuse to trade him.  As loud as Klutch has been on the Lakers rumors, I would love for Fields to go on camera and say something like "we love Dejounte and there is no need to trade him.  I can tell you that some of the rumors that have been printed are ridiculous and seem like they think we are a feeder franchise for other teams.  That absolutely is not the case.  As with anyone on our team, we'll only consider deals that improve our team's outlook moving forward."

Generally GM's don't respond to or publicly acknowledge trade rumors. 

• Moderators
Just now, bleachkit said:

I don't expect it.  It would just be personally satisfying to see him publicly laugh those LA rumors out the door.  :wink:

The bit about loving DM and the Hawks not actively looking to move him (without saying they won't move him) would be more typical.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

14 minutes ago, AHF said:

I don't expect it.  It would just be personally satisfying to see him publicly laugh those LA rumors out the door.  :wink:

The bit about loving DM and the Hawks not actively looking to move him (without saying they won't move him) would be more typical.

Or just use the media to his advantage as well. 

Why not something like "Hawks are determined to land Reaves, Hood-schifino and picks from the Lakers in any Murray deal." It sets his value. Don't let the other team establish your players value. 

Or it could simply be, Lakers offered DLo, Hawks countered with Reaves....not let it stand that LAL trying to find a 3rd team for DLo. 

(I mention Reaves since he has a higher trade value than DLo - Hawks can also trade him if they don't see him as a fit, similar to what PTL did with Dame and acquiring Jrue. Traded for to extract further value).

It's all about perception and baseline player value.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Jazz are one of the quiet teams trying to get Murray. They can outbid anyone for him IMO. 

Simone Fontecchio (you mentioned previously Hawks interest), plus the 2 1sts. Jazz have their own picks plus Cavs and Minny pics.

• Like 3

Say they won’t come off Lauri or Fontecchio.  Would you take Samanic + Jazz 2025 Round 1, Jazz 2027 Round 1. Take Olynyk expiring UFA just to make it work?

Call BOS, see if the rumors are true that they’ll give a 1st for Bey (they use their 6.5 TPE).  Try for their 2026 Round 1.

End of the day, Hawks get Samanic and 3 FRP’s back to work with (2025, 2026, 2027).  Plan on letting Olynyk walk.  

(If they can’t get any better offers for Bey from anybody else, and BOS won’t give a 1st, then try for as many 2nd’s as they can get…while they can).

Edited by Chrimturn

2 minutes ago, Chrimturn said:

Say they won’t come off Lauri or Fontecchio.  Would you take Samanic + Jazz 2025 Round 1, Jazz 2027 Round 1. Take Olynyk expiring UFA just to make it work?

Call BOS, see if the rumors are true that they’ll give a 1st for Bey (they use their 6.5 TPE).  Try for their 2026 Round 1.

End of the day, Hawks get Samanic and 3 FRP’s back to work with (2025, 2026, 2027).  Plan on letting Olynyk walk.  

(If they can’t get any better offers for Bey from anybody else, and BOS won’t give a 1st, then try for as many 2nd’s as they can get…while they can).

Nah, neither Samanic nor Olynk move any needles since we're not tanking.  The Simone guy can help us today and future.  Jmho but .... I'm supposed to be sleepin' so don't mind me. 🛌

• Like 2