• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

I wish our FO were competent enough to get the message out loud and clear that DJM is off the market for anything less than our asking price. 

The league knows.  ^^^^

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Jazz are far enough under to take back Murray without sending out matching salary. I'd prefer a contributing player for the rest of this season and beyond.

Understandable.  I couldn’t get a Murray only to work.  That’s on me I guess. Thought it might be an avenue where Jazz would be willing to come off 2 FRP’s and where we aren’t taking on a lot of $ right away.  Get the picks and keep working toward a future acquisition.  KO could just be a temp rotation piece for the rest of the year if they move CC. 

Samanic is a question mark.  Considering our bench though, not like it could hurt us any worse.  Who knows?  Trae might be able to pick the kids game up if he’s given a chance.  Might pan out and turn into something.  And still have room to bring in a more proven, impact player.

8 hours ago, givemesome1ce1 said:

We are 18-26 as of right now and never been this bad in the Trae young since 2020. We had a better record without Dejounte before he came here, we had top 5 offenses without Dejounte, we had better defenses without Dejounte. We will be fine. Trade Dejounte, get picks and a player back, make Jalen the true second option, and move on. At least hawks will finally actually choose a direction for once with this trade. 

Kelly Olynk please and thank you Landry.

I assume this is a joke.  Otherwise it's the worst trade proposal I've ever heard.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

Build around Trae/JJ/Claxton

Hopefully get lucky-ish in the lotto and take the best wing.

Then you'd have DJM, AJ, Kobe, OO, and whatever we have left in draft assets to try and add that final piece...if it's not DJM.

Don't forget, we can put a uniform on our $25 million TPE.  I bet teams are just standing in line to get that TPE.  **sarcasm alert**

2 hours ago, givemesome1ce1 said:

DEJOUNTE MURRAY HAS TO GO

You must be Trae's dad. If Murray goes, send Trae with him for two bottles of coke and two bags of potato chips.  We'll probably throw in a couple of draft picks too.

1 minute ago, Watchman said:

You must be Trae's dad. If Murray goes, send Trae with him for two bottles of coke and two bags of potato chips.  We'll probably throw in a couple of draft picks too.

Bro is a Jazz fan. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Watchman said:

I thought we could get the 2 for 2 deal at Burger King. 

• Premium Member

Im starting my campaign today.

Keep Dj and Trade Quin for JVG.  I was just listening to some of his insight. 

The main thinks and talks basketball and especially defense. 

• Jeff Van-Gundy: "I know shot selection and defensive help are the biggest chemistry destroyers on a team... Some players take absolutely ridiculous off the dribble 3s that may be analytically acceptable shot for the scientist in a boardroom.. but absolutely destroy a team's chemistry."
  • Jeff van gundy asks why the scoring leaders isn't total points but rather an average, saying how much you play should matter.
  • Former NBA coach Jeff Van Gundy, now an ESPN analyst, coached Young on the USA Select Team last summer. He acknowledges that Young's defensive liability is glaring, but said Young's skill set is more complex than a single statistic.  "I hate the focus on defensive numbers, I don't think they really tell you what you need to know," Van Gundy said. "When you're looking at Trae, first of all you're looking at an extremely gifted offensive player. I mean, one of the best I've seen.  "The way his body is (6-1, 180 pounds), he's probably never going to be an elite defender. But you don't need him to be. He's the best player on a team. You want to look at how he leads with defensive effort, energy and within the team (dynamic). ... There are plenty of clowns in our league who don't get better. Will he put the work in and get better?" 

This is the guy who is supposed to be our coach.   That's the trade I want to make.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

Lakers not getting DM for Rusell Mr. Athletic and you can quote me on that.  

If LA thinks Russell is so good, it sounds to me like they should hold onto him.

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Threezus said:

Ressler is a liar and a bum we all know this at this point i think.   If Blank owned the Hawks and put as much care and money into them as he does the Falcons which he damn sure would do this team would be amazing.

Oh shit someone just got banned from state farm

• Haha 2

This has become a joke azz laughing stock of a team. I don't agree with a Damn thing they've done or are doing. If that DJM tweet is right, it's a bad look for all involved.  The Pistons are the only team saving us from sheer ineptitude.  Can't fire the owner.  This feels as bad as the Atlanta Spirit Ownership group. Yet, they have a better winning percentage than the Ressler led group. Smdh 

IMG_0280.jpeg

Edited by deester11
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, deester11 said:

This has become a joke azz laughing stock of a team. I don't agree with a Damn thing they've done or are doing. If that DJM tweet is right, it's a bad look for all involved.  The Pistons are the only team saving us from sheer ineptitude.  Can't fire the owner.  This feels as bad as the Atlanta Spirit Ownership group. Yet, they have a better winning percentage than the Ressler led group. Smdh 

IMG_0280.jpeg

Ted Turner really was the best sports owner.. Braves and Hawks best years

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 3