• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Get well soon. I got food poisoning and it's ruined me. My body is in so much pain. I used to be able to shrug it off but not anymore. I break into cold sweats and struggle to move of late. It's bad 

Hopefully it passes quickly.  As others have said, really push the hydration.

• Moderators

Hope you guys feel better soon, @NBASupes and @Sothron.  Flu and everything that comes with food poisoning can be brutal.  I still have vivid memories of flying from Asia back to the US with terrible food poisoning.  Brutal trip.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Yeah get well, @NBASupes.  I know you and I hate each other but I still need you around at full strength when I swat down all your basketball opinions.  No excuses. 😏

And we all know @Sothron gonna be fine because he's a cyborg.  Remember when he told us he was spittin up volt-colored fluids?  Duh, that was antifreeze. 😲

Of course, I'm kidding.  Hope yall are well. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, Sothron said:

Two updates while I can, one hawks other is personal:

Personal: both Mrs. Sothron and myself have a real nasty bout of the flu. We took our flu shots back in October so hopefully it helps. If I'm not around as much this is why. 

Hawks: It is looking like the team is going to wait until the offseason for trades. Bey is the name to watch to move before the deadline. Quin's statement about keeping DJ and building around him and Trae is legit and not just a FO tactic to improve his trade value.

Hope yall feel better soon.   There is a B strain out there that the flue shot is not effective for.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

YESSSSSS!!! You think the Pels will take Trae off our hands for big Val?

That way we could run a twin towers look with Capela and Big V. :mellow: #atl #poundtown #size4dayssun 🌞 

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

CC has played pretty well the last few games.   Based on them looking to move him, Vuc probably plays zero defense.  

Yeah, it's probably an overall lateral move.  Vuc could space the floor and open up driving lanes for Trae and JJ, but the defense is likely worse.  Although CC is not the best center for Quin's scheme anyways, much better in drop.  Although OO has regressed to some extend this year, I'm still hopeful he can develop into a strong, switchable, defensive, center.  He has some of the intangibles.  C is a tough spot for us right now -- don't have great talent there but hard to upgrade and definitely room to get worse

• Like 2

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Yeah, it's probably an overall lateral move.  Vuc could space the floor and open up driving lanes for Trae and JJ, but the defense is likely worse.  Although CC is not the best center for Quin's scheme anyways, much better in drop.  Although OO has regressed to some extend this year, I'm still hopeful he can develop into a strong, switchable, defensive, center.  He has some of the intangibles.  C is a tough spot for us right now -- don't have great talent there but hard to upgrade and definitely room to get worse

I wouldn't mind making the move and seeing how things work out, though, if Snyder thinks CC is not the guy going forward next year (and assuming he won't have real trade value in the summer).  This would give a different look and we could see how that plays with Snyder's system to tell us more about how we want to be moving forward.  It would also require OO to take on more defensive assignments that right now go to CC and see how he holds up against that responsibility.

Both Vuc and CC are flawed but pretty good players so I do feel it is a bit of a wash overall and thus not unfair.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Vol4ever said:

Hope yall feel better soon.   There is a B strain out there that the flue shot is not effective for.  

we both got the flu shot last Oct so we're kinda shocked at how badly the flu is hitting both of us. It might be that B strain we have.

• Premium Member

Hawks intrigued by Quentin Grimes

i_71_a2_28_quentin-grimes.png?w=190

Grimes has also come up in multiple trade discussions with the Atlanta Hawks for guard Dejounte Murray and a separate smaller discussion involving AJ Griffin, league sources told HoopsHype. The Hawks are intrigued by Grimes as a potential 3-and-D fit next to Trae Young, sources said.

– via HoopsHype
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Why is it so quiet regarding rumors all of a sudden 🤔  (league wide too). :er:

JAYBIRDHAWK

All parents know this:  Children are in another room, making a lot of noise, as all children will do.  Parent smiles and goes ahead, doing whatever they were doing.  Children become very quiet.  Parent knows.  Go check on them now!  See what they are in to!

Just have to wonder.  Does this apply to all the NBA general managers?  If so, this means that they are up to something!!

:smug:

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hawks intrigued by Quentin Grimes

i_71_a2_28_quentin-grimes.png?w=190

Grimes has also come up in multiple trade discussions with the Atlanta Hawks for guard Dejounte Murray and a separate smaller discussion involving AJ Griffin, league sources told HoopsHype. The Hawks are intrigued by Grimes as a potential 3-and-D fit next to Trae Young, sources said.

– via HoopsHype

7 ppg and 39.5 FG%… you don’t trade a quality asset for that

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Hawkish said:

7 ppg and 39.5 FG%… you don’t trade a quality asset for that

Does AJ qualify as a quality asset by this measurement?  2.1 points on 28.9% FG%.  To me, that is a very different type of deal from anything involving Dejounte.