• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

1 minute ago, Packfill said:

Pretty poor return for the Jazz.  

disagree.

Ainge knew he didn't want to pay him this summer. He knows he has more rebuilding to do. He got another asset for the future to help with that cause. 

• Like 1

I 💯 believe Ressler will pay a team salary over the luxury tax one day. But I also think the first year he does it will be his last. 
Build up team value before selling it off (and before he has to pay any penalty). 

• Haha 2

That's embarrassing, tbh.  We needed that guy regardless what we decide to do.

Ah well, more importantly I just remembered I'm in Houstom this week so I gotta slow down the @NBASupes slander.  I don't need some random dude walking up on me.  Haha 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I'm legit upset we didn't try harder for Simone. That dude is a big wing that defends and can shoot. 

Harder? Did we try at all?

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Fonteccio a restricted free agent after this season.  Ownership would have to be willing to pay to keep him, especially if he performed well.

I missed he was a RFA.  Thought he had another year left.  I think he is an Early-Brid rights player so there is a limit to how much he can be extended for with his team vs signing with a team with capspace.

• Like 1

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, Mikey said:

That second is basically a late first. Hawks don’t exactly have the draft capital to part to get him between that late first and multiple seconds line. The guy discussed was AJ but he could be moved elsewhere so

15 minutes ago, warcore said:

not necessarily. Jazz know that it's one of the first picks of the 2nd round // basically a late first on a cheaper/nonguaranteed contract 

I agree with both of your comments but from the perspective that late first round picks are overhyped.  They aren't much better than early second round picks and have poor expected returns.  Better than late second round picks that have near zero value, but I agree with lumping those late first and early second picks together in a pile of "picks that have some upside but rarely amount to anything."  End of the first round has a value at a career expected WS production of 13.5 win shares.  For perspective, this is in the range of former Hawks like Damien Wilkins and Willie Green or former Laker Jordan Farmar or former Nugget Linus Kleiza.  For anyone young enough to ask "who?" in response to any of those names that is exactly my point on what someone drafted in that area of the draft usually amounts to.

• Moderators
Just now, Jody23 said:

Good teams value depth.  (They don't prioritize above building the top of their roster for obvious reasons but they also know you can address both things and don't ignore either priority.)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AHF said:

Good teams value depth.  (They don't prioritize above building the top of their roster for obvious reasons but they also know you can address both things and don't ignore either priority.)

They already have their core settled on.

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They already have their core settled on.

Right.  They also already have better depth than we do.  They walk and chew gum at the same time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, terrell said:

Just heard him talking about it on B/R live.  They've got some interesting pieces like Herb Jones, Troy Murphy and others that could be valuable.  Jones is on a reasonable extension and Murphy still has another year left on rookie deal. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1