• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

Just now, kg01 said:

Oh, I finally get a chance to toss icy cold water on a thero post?!

Seriously though, explain why NOP would do that.

Not fighting, just wanna hear your rationale. 

My thought is why would WE trade OO and DJ if it weren’t for a big fish?

Woj says CJ is off the table.

Who else does Nola have that would make our FO want to move off of DJ and OO? There is no collection of role players that is worth that haul.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Who else does Nola have that would make our FO want to move off of DJ and OO? There is no collection of role players that is worth that haul.

They aren't trading us Zion. Griff just trying fleece us. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Herb Murphy and picks.

1 minute ago, RedDawg#8 said:

That's why I believe NO is trying to move Zion off if they are wanting OO and DJM in a deal.. The question is getting Murphy or some other asset with him. 

No way Hawks entertain OO and DJM without Zion in the deal and I think they like Ingram better than Zion

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Damn I want Herb but with OO still here. Ugh. 

Weinbach and Sidery are the worst.. They are fans that aggregate. They aren't reporters.. just fans

Edited by theheroatl
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Weinbach and Sidery are the worst.. They are fans that aggregate. They aren't reporters.. just fans

Really? Then screw google search engine for popping these fans off on first page. Gimme INSIDERS AND OUTSIDERS ONLY!!!

Fck fans! … not us… other fans… of other teams, specially scrubs and Schmelts I distress.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I think this has been answered but..

Can we flip Capela right now even though he’s out for a minute? I remember back in the day it seemed injured players weren’t traded due to passing physicals and whatnot. 

Sean Elliott to the Pistons comes to mind. I think it was supposed to be a done deal before it fell through.

New Orleans is not a destination. They would be wise to have top talent locked in long term.

They would have DJM / Zion / OO locked up for the next 4 years. DJM / Hawkins / Herb / Zion / OO for the next 3. That’s  really solid core locked in for multiple years. Plus whatever they do with Murphy and CJ for the next 2. 

Ingram expires after next year. Does he even want to resign? I thought I heard a rumor he was unhappy there. 

if there is a deal, it is centered around Ingram / Daniels / Pick(s) imo. NO is playing well though, so this feels like an offseason deal if anything. 

edit to add … can’t wait to see 50M+ on the bench for 30%+ of the season between Ingram and Hunter if that is a deal. 

Edited by h4wkfan
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I think this has been answered but..

Can we flip Capela right now even though he’s out for a minute? I remember back in the day it seemed injured players weren’t traded due to passing physicals and whatnot. 

Sean Elliott to the Pistons comes to mind. I think it was supposed to be a done deal before it fell through.

The other team can waive the physical.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Well there is one possibility that is in the back of everyone's mind that could certainly be the case.....we just get fleeced by our own front office.  Does anyone here really trust the Hawks when you have a meddling owner and son that don't know basketball but think they do??  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Here's a deal that works.....

Would increase the defense at least.  Would have to flip Clint too though.  Threw in the picks because I will believe the Hawks do a deal without overpaying when I see it.  

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_2-8-2024_8-28-37AM.png

That's too much market value for that return.

Once again... DJM and OO contracts are extremely valuable in the new CBA also Jonas is expiring on a relatively smaller contract so you are trading DJM and OO and a FRP for Dyson (role player) and Herb?

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That's way too much.

I view Val as matching salary to make the trade work so that leaves DJ, OO and a 1st for Jones and Danials. That's not it. Hawks are overpaying by alot.

Exactly... I think Pels think hard about a deal like this.. Either Ingram or Zion is the only players matching a package including DJM and OO (two starting caliber future borderline all star players):

image.thumb.png.2cfd02a841725f56a7beb6a346346833.png

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 2