• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

2 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

Do we want Zion beyond ticket sales?  He is exciting for sure.  But isn’t availability the best ability?

Itis for sure but if you are a team like the Hawks without an obvious path to championship contention sometimes you need to take some risks to get to that next level.  Zion would be a huge risk to be sure.

• Like 1

Just now, Packfill said:

Itis for sure but if you are a team like the Hawks without an obvious path to championship contention sometimes you need to take some risks to get to that next level.  Zion would be a huge risk to be sure.

I understand.  Ingram, too.  He hasn’t played more than 62 games since his rookie year.  

3 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Jones-Murphy or Zion or Ingram.. that’s all we want from Pels

I think Daniels is someone to target too - not as the sole piece for DJM obviously but a young player with good defensive and playmaking  potential.  If he can get his shot figured out he could really be something.

1 minute ago, Packfill said:

I think Daniels is someone to target too - not as the sole piece for DJM obviously but a young player with good defensive and playmaking  potential.  If he can get his shot figured out he could really be something.

It’s nice to dream.. and then get slapped by “we feel good about this group”

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I'm assuming the point is that it takes a willing partner to make a deal?  I agree, but that's making the assumption that there's nothing out there.  I'm not expecting a blockbuster.  There's available players that could help stabilize the team even if we don't hit a home run.  I'm looking at these smaller deals and wondering if we tried to get in on the action or if we've just taken our "Murray ball" and gone home. 

Obviously things could change in the long run, so I'm fully prepared to wait and see (and I think we all have enough experience with that).

• Like 1

Id rather keep our lineup then trade DJM for scraps that wont help now and leave us with a hole in the lineup if Trae gets banged up.

Wish we could have moved Hunter and AJ for impact players now but it is what it is.

Happy we look to be keeping DJM, trading him for nothing would have killed this team

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

We love our core." -

I love it so much I just worked mine before the shower 🚿 I started out with a 6️⃣ pack and now I have a keg! :dance:

Here all weak!! #uncjokes #rollyoureyesagain #ohROLLEMagain! #imPINKY 👛 

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Packfill said:

It’d be great to have Daniels coming off the bench with Bogi.  

4 minutes ago, Wretch said:

I'm assuming the point is that it takes a willing partner to make a deal?  I agree, but that's making the assumption that there's nothing out there.  I'm not expecting a blockbuster.  There's available players that could help stabilize the team even if we don't hit a home run.  I'm looking at these smaller deals and wondering if we tried to get in on the action or if we've just taken our "Murray ball" and gone home. 

Obviously things could change in the long run, so I'm fully prepared to wait and see (and I think we all have enough experience with that).

Yes and no.  The point was more along the lines of the Hawks just putting out that line as the likely excuse for nothing happening.  

The bigger point, for me anyway, is I want the Hawks to improve.  I don't really trust the FO (owner and son) to make a good deal that will make the Hawks better.  So from that standpoint, I'm actually hoping for nothing because I think any deal made will likely make the hawks worse.  If I knew a deal could be had to make the hawks better, I'd be all over it.  I'm just assuming the FO will find a way to screw it up.  

• Like 1

Just now, macdaddy said:

Knicks traded for OG and Bojan and didn't give up a first round pick.   

Incredible— They unfortunately appear to have stability in the front office.  Those are winning moves.  Trade flash/name for substance and fit

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Possibly but with OKC trading Mann, my guess is they may want to keep Hayward. They have so much cap flexibility for the next couple of years. 

I'm really more interested in whether people think OKC may make more moves right now.  Hayward is an expiring contract and UFA.  They can absolutely keep him if they want at a much lower price than his current salary.  I was more interested in the idea of whether they are done now or open to using one or more of the many assets they have to add to the team for a run this season.

• Like 1