• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
Just now, kg01 said:

I think it's just that their front offices are actually trying.  We're tryna Masai (massage) our assets.  Just let it go, Queen Elsa.  Let it, i.e. these mismatched prospects and picks, go.... 

That's such an egregious accusation, I know you didn't really mean it

22 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Our FO gets no respect.

You think they should??? I wouldn't respect these clowns if I were an opposing GM. If I saw everything Tony has done to be cheap, I'd be full on trying to take advantage of this FO and would not remotely consider taking a fair trade from them. They literally look like jackasses. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, warcore said:

You think they should??? I wouldn't respect these clowns if I were an opposing GM. If I saw everything Tony has done to be cheap, I'd be full on trying to take advantage of this FO and would not remotely consider taking a fair trade from them. They literally look like jackasses. 

We even hired another former GM to help them. It's a hot mess.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
Just now, kg01 said:

I mean it.  Come at me, jeffe. 😏

Or perhaps you're reading way too literally.  

Probably! 

My personal view is that not making moves is likely a good sign based on what I've seen floated around today and pre-deadline.  Unfortunately, we need time (Quin to turn things around on the court) before FOs are going to see us as anything other than desperate.  I'm sure a young GM that doesn't have existing relationships with all the other FOs isn't helpful.  This is all why I'm fine holding DM until the offseason.  The playing field got leveld quite a bit with the new CBA -- teams will need to salary shed even if their owner doesn't care about the tax, due to the restrictions (which fully go into effect next year) of being a tax paying team.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, warcore said:

They will never go over the LT...💯☝️

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Sothron said:

last I heard was Pels are trying hard to get DJ/OO without giving up Zion and BI and we want one of those back for that kind of return. 

Zion would be pretty cool.  Not sure how he affects winning statistically, but I would be excited about it for sure..

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Probably! 

My personal view is that not making moves is likely a good sign based on what I've seen floated around today and pre-deadline.  Unfortunately, we need time (Quin to turn things around on the court) before FOs are going to see us as anything other than desperate.  I'm sure a young GM that doesn't have existing relationships with all the other FOs isn't helpful.  This is all why I'm fine holding DM until the offseason.  The playing field got leveld quite a bit with the new CBA -- teams will need to salary shed even if their owner doesn't care about the tax, due to the restrictions (which fully go into effect next year) of being a tax paying team.

My overriding issue is this - what is the plan? It was only keep Trae and Johnson, now it's adding.

I agree with this: rebooting the plan comment.  We need a consistent approach to our team building approach. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Has there been any reports of this 'preaching' in the Locker Rooms?

Not nessessarily, but Saying crazy stuff online like calling people you dont know the devil, etc does the same thing..

It makes some players uncomfortable.. You think Trae and the rest of the team just overlooked that shit?

I doubt it.. 

See Doc Rivers. Mark Jackson, David Robinson etc.. They tore locker rooms apart with it..

Some things should be done in private IMO...

EVERYBODY doesnt believe the same things...

Just my opinion

Edited by terrell
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
Just now, macdaddy said:

So what are the chances we trade Capela for Mitchell Robinson?  Not sure how we have both Mitch and OO though.   Robinson will complain if he's not the starter next year i'm guessing. 

If we made that trade, I'm good with "may the best man win the job."  Earn it and the minutes are yours.  Both would eat.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, terrell said:

Not nessessarily, but Saying crazy stuff online like calling people you dont know the devil, etc does the same thing..

It makes some players unconfortable.. You think Trae and the rest of the team just overlooked that shit?

I doubt it.. 

See Doc Rivers. Mark Jackson, David Robinson etc.. They tore locker rooms apart with it..

Some things should be kept private IMO...

EVERYBODY doesnt believe the same things...

Just my opinion

As long as it's not affecting the locker, and by all accounts it has not with his teammates, I don't really care. 

Doc, Mark, David all brought it directly to the locker room. So I don't equate the 2 at this point.

• Like 3