• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Quin should be a 1 and Done.... I know we spent a lot of money...

Diesel

• Moderators
51 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The truth is that he had some very good players who are still making a difference for the teams that they play on. 

I think we're saying the same thing.  Get the Hawks some very good players and we will start winning. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I think we're saying the same thing.  Get the Hawks some very good players and we will start winning. 

Don't destroy the team to do it. 

The untouchable list should have been Trae, JJ, and DJ...  You have placed DJ in that JC spot.   It's bad GMing.   Now DJ may not feel the loyalty and honestly, he's one of our best players as he keeps proving.  If Quin can't make the DJ/Trae pairing work, he should not have taken the job.   In Addition, if we have to start to Raffle off players to get what Quin thinks he needs to be successful..  He holds His and the FOs future in his hands. 

• Like 3

• Moderators

Bucks firing Griffin only reinforces that Quin ain't going nowhere.  You have a MVP, a chip, and are top 3 in the league you can do stuff like this.   When you're where we are what would we move on to?   Other coaches freaked out when we fired Lloyd F Pierce.   You think we fire Quin 6 months in that any seasoned coach would come anywhere near this franchise?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Bucks firing Griffin only reinforces that Quin ain't going nowhere.  You have a MVP, a chip, and are top 3 in the league you can do stuff like this.   When you're where we are what would we move on to?   Other coaches freaked out when we fired Lloyd F Pierce.   You think we fire Quin 6 months in that any seasoned coach would come anywhere near this franchise?

As long as we don't bring Nate back.

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Bucks firing Griffin only reinforces that Quin ain't going nowhere. 

Im sorry... I see these things as unrelated. 

The only place they do relate is now there is a precedence for firing a first year coach. 

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Diesel said:

Im sorry... I see these things as unrelated. 

The only place they do relate is now there is a precedence for firing a first year coach. 

Quin is not a first year coach.  We knew exactly who he was and how he operated when we hired him.  Not true of Griffin.  We fire him now it just reinforces that the front office is clueless. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

My only criticism with Quin is not playing the young guys especially when it is obvious this is a lost season. We need to see what Kobe and AJ can do with actual minutes. Same with Seth. 

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, Sothron said:

My only criticism with Quin is not playing the young guys especially when it is obvious this is a lost season. We need to see what Kobe and AJ can do with actual minutes. Same with Seth. 

Didn't he also have a reputation of not playing the young guys while in Utah?

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Didn't he also have a reputation of not playing the young guys while in Utah?

Not really despite what Diesel posted. If he never played young guys Mitchell, Gobert, Ingles etc would never have gotten playing time. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Quin is not a first year coach.  We knew exactly who he was and how he operated when we hired him.  Not true of Griffin.  We fire him now it just reinforces that the front office is clueless. 

Keeping him and rebuilding the whole team for him to get us to mediocrity makes the FO look more clueless. 

Yet...  That's what we're doing. 

@macdaddy  I don't have faith to believe that Quin can coach a championship team.   He has many of the same traits and failings as Nate.   He doesn't develop players.   He doesn't adjust in a timely fashion.  His teams historically give up big leads and historically are ushered out of the playoffs regardless of how good of a regular season they had.   He will not build a good bench unless all of our starters get hurt. 

And right now, we're blaming the talent of this team instead of doing the best that we can do to win with what we have. 

Is he really a good coach if he can only win one way?

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Not really despite what Diesel posted. If he never played young guys Mitchell, Gobert, Ingles etc would never have gotten playing time. 

Just to back that up here are the first and second year players he played in Utah:

2014-15 Rookies Ingles, Exum and Hood got over 20 mpg each; Sophmore Gobert got 26 mpg and started half the time

2015-16 Rookie Lyles played 17 mpg; Sophmore Ingles got 15 mpg (81 gp) and Hood had 32 mpg (79 gp)  [Exum missed the entire season]

2016-17 Sophmore Lyles 16 mpg (71 gp) and Exum 19 mpg (66 gp).  No rookie this season.

2017-18 Rookie Mitchell 33 mpg (79 gp)

2018-19 Rookie Grayson Allen 11 mpg (38 gp); Sophmore Mitchell 34 mpg (77 gp)

2019-20 Rookie traded with Grayson Allen for Mike Conley so no real rookies or sophmores

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

It's gotta be a front office decision to keep Kobe in the GL, because even when called up he isn't on the active roster.

AJ - it's just gotta be something else besides basketball.

• Premium Member

I remember when most posters thought the key to success of the Hawks was to shoot as many 3"s as possible especially corner 3's and when posters like myself would talk about things like perimeter defense, limiting turnovers and securing defensive rebounds, those concepts were totally dismissed.  there was even a poster endorsing the now infamous "Shoot it Trae offense".  Now we have a coach who embraces threes and is somewhat indifferent to the other issues mentioned evidenced by the lineups used most frequently,  Post now talk about the importance of the other stuff and want him fired!  Just a random observation.

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, Sothron said:

He or his coaching staff may be great with player development... but this is what the fanbase from Utah said in response to what should the Hawks expect from Quin...

image.png

and a little more..

image.png

It's not what I say..> it's what others have observed and many of the things we see.

7 man rotation... Rigid.  Just like Nate.  Well, Nate had an 8 man rotation.

A refusal to adjust... especially in the playoffs.

I have no trust that even if you give him everything he's ever wanted.. that he could win a chip. 

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, AHF said:

Just to back that up here are the first and second year players he played in Utah:

2014-15 Rookies Ingles, Exum and Hood got over 20 mpg each; Sophmore Gobert got 26 mpg and started half the time

2015-16 Rookie Lyles played 17 mpg; Sophmore Ingles got 15 mpg (81 gp) and Hood had 32 mpg (79 gp)  [Exum missed the entire season]

2016-17 Sophmore Lyles 16 mpg (71 gp) and Exum 19 mpg (66 gp).  No rookie this season.

2017-18 Rookie Mitchell 33 mpg (79 gp)

2018-19 Rookie Grayson Allen 11 mpg (38 gp); Sophmore Mitchell 34 mpg (77 gp)

2019-20 Rookie traded with Grayson Allen for Mike Conley so no real rookies or sophmores

In this ... let's point out the obvious.

They traded for Mitchell.. so Mitchell was going to play. 

Lindsey made him play Gobert back in 2014.. because Quin had a problem with spacing between Gobert and Favors.  He had stop playing Gobert??????

Exum was one of the players that they wanted him to play more... but Exum got maybe 17 mpg?  In those minutes, he was very productive but his minutes didn't change.

Grayson Allen.  Come on he went to Duke??   More seriously, he was Dennis Lindsey's prize pick.  He even had the Donovan Mitchell stamp of approval.  Lindsey saw Grayson as the future in Utah.  By this time, Korver was old.  His game depleted.  Quin played Allen... but not a lot.  Check out all of the inactive games and the times that Quin put him in for mop up duty... and tell me again about development. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

In this ... let's point out the obvious.

They traded for Mitchell.. so Mitchell was going to play. 

Lindsey made him play Gobert back in 2014.. because Quin had a problem with spacing between Gobert and Favors.  He had stop playing Gobert??????

Exum was one of the players that they wanted him to play more... but Exum got maybe 17 mpg?  In those minutes, he was very productive but his minutes didn't change.

Grayson Allen.  Come on he went to Duke??   More seriously, he was Dennis Lindsey's prize pick.  He even had the Donovan Mitchell stamp of approval.  Lindsey saw Grayson as the future in Utah.  By this time, Korver was old.  His game depleted.  Quin played Allen... but not a lot.  Check out all of the inactive games and the times that Quin put him in for mop up duty... and tell me again about development. 

Allen is the only one of those guys who didn't consistently play their first two seasons under Snyder.

It is not Quin’s fault he has a roster that literally falls apart and can’t compete the minute literally ONE FORWARD is out for a few weeks. It is not Quin’s fault that the entire roster is undersized. It is not Quin’s fault that so many players on this roster before he came here are old, unathlethic, and can’t even compete on defense anymore. It’s not Quin’s fault that so many people on this roster are guards when we needs wings and forwards.

Quin has to work with what he has and when literally one injury that isn’t Trae kills the entire team’s momentum and destroys the season, you have to question what the FO is doing. There is nothing that Quin can do to prevent that. This team’s defense is fragile because we are so small and basically only have one power forward and three actual forwards in general. If Hunter isn’t coming back soon, you can kiss any chance of a run goodbye because that’s basically half of our forward defense sucks. 

a lot of people in this topic don’t want to admit that this roster is bad and has to change massively over the next three years. I agree that Quin needs to play younger players like Lundy and AJ more and the short rotations things is bad, but a lot of this stuff isn’t Quin’s fault. As of right now where this team is constructed, if this team isn’t 100% on it’s a-game on offense, we will lose the game and that’s not Quin’s fault. It’s just how bad the roster is.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, AHF said:

Allen is the only one of those guys who didn't consistently play their first two seasons under Snyder.

Yeah but if you trade a roster player and a first round pick for Donovan Mitchell... what you going to do?  Not play him?

He had to be told to stop starting Enes Kanter and Start Gobert.   His argument was that he didn't like the spacing with Favors.   Are you freakin kidding me?

What happened to Exum?

I believe the truth is Snyder played who he had to play...based on situation.   When your GM tells you to play this guy.. Snyder played him. 

Your points wither when we see what happened to AJ.   As soon as Quin hit the scene, AJ no longer played meaningful minutes with the Hawks.   His time under Nate showed that he had something.   Much more than we see from Garrison or Wesley.  Yet, Quin put him on the farthest end of the bench and the suggestion is that he's not good enough to get any time on the floor.   Hunter been out for weeks.