Quin should be a 1 and Done.... I know we spent a lot of money...

Diesel

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, givemesome1ce1 said:

It is not Quin’s fault he has a roster that literally falls apart and can’t compete the minute literally ONE FORWARD is out for a few weeks. It is not Quin’s fault that the entire roster is undersized. It is not Quin’s fault that so many players on this roster before he came here are old, unathlethic, and can’t even compete on defense anymore. It’s not Quin’s fault that so many people on this roster are guards when we needs wings and forwards.

Quin has to work with what he has and when literally one injury that isn’t Trae kills the entire team’s momentum and destroys the season, you have to question what the FO is doing. There is nothing that Quin can do to prevent that. This team’s defense is fragile because we are so small and basically only have one power forward and three actual forwards in general. If Hunter isn’t coming back soon, you can kiss any chance of a run goodbye because that’s basically half of our forward defense sucks. 

a lot of people in this topic don’t want to admit that this roster is bad and has to change massively over the next three years. I agree that Quin needs to play younger players like Lundy and AJ more and the short rotations things is bad, but a lot of this stuff isn’t Quin’s fault. As of right now where this team is constructed, if this team isn’t 100% on it’s a-game on offense, we will lose the game and that’s not Quin’s fault. It’s just how bad the roster is.

Like I said before.  Quin is the sacred cow in Atlanta.  I mean, I know he wishes that he can just call on Gobert and Mitchell to come in and win some games for him. 

But if he needs that... then does that mean he's a good coach or just was in the right place at the right time. 

Now.. Let's examine some of the mistruths you say.

You say he has come here and has old unathletic players?

You mean Wesley and Patty?  I agree.. but he chooses to play them rather than play the young players that he could play. 

If you're talking about Clint.  Clint is 28 years old... That's not old.  And Clint has a better motor than most of the team. 

It’s not Quin’s fault that so many people on this roster are guards when we needs wings and forwards.

I agree.  I believe our FO is guard crazy... a little.   But AJ is a wing. 

image.png

This is ridiculous.   AJ gets garbage minutes. 

You know who else is a wing that gets garbage minutes..  Seth Lundy

image.png

Garrison Matthews get 13 mpg.  He is a three point bomber, but can't hit a FT.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

I remember when most posters thought the key to success of the Hawks was to shoot as many 3"s as possible especially corner 3's and when posters like myself would talk about things like perimeter defense, limiting turnovers and securing defensive rebounds, those concepts were totally dismissed.  there was even a poster endorsing the now infamous "Shoot it Trae offense".  Now we have a coach who embraces threes and is somewhat indifferent to the other issues mentioned evidenced by the lineups used most frequently,  Post now talk about the importance of the other stuff and want him fired!  Just a random observation.

You can say names.  Even tag people like this . . @Peoriabird

I will always stand by Trae shooting the ball, because it leads to success.

I have also always agreed with you about defensive rebounding and playing big.  But we didn't shoot enough 3s last season at all.

The issue is the coach not playing to the team's strengths.  He wants them to play the way HE wants them to play . . . not to play the way that's best for the team.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I saw this on Twitter today.  I'll just drop this right here.

This is what I'm talking about and Why Quin needs to be Fired.

DJ is a midrange master...  His game revolves around getting down hill and scoring at the goal or in the midrange.  Quin comes in and tries to get him to be a three point shooter.   When he struggles with that, Now.. DJ don't fit. 

Get Quin TFOH...

DJ and Trae can work and can be great.. but you got to get that idea that Quin's offense is the best way to play out of here and bring in some coaches that understand how to use a player's strength. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Diesel said:

Yeah but if you trade a roster player and a first round pick for Donovan Mitchell... what you going to do?  Not play him?

He had to be told to stop starting Enes Kanter and Start Gobert.   His argument was that he didn't like the spacing with Favors.   Are you freakin kidding me?

What happened to Exum?

I believe the truth is Snyder played who he had to play...based on situation.   When your GM tells you to play this guy.. Snyder played him. 

Your points wither when we see what happened to AJ.   As soon as Quin hit the scene, AJ no longer played meaningful minutes with the Hawks.   His time under Nate showed that he had something.   Much more than we see from Garrison or Wesley.  Yet, Quin put him on the farthest end of the bench and the suggestion is that he's not good enough to get any time on the floor.   Hunter been out for weeks. 

Exum got plenty of time his first two seasons.

Hood got tons of time.

Ingles got plenty of time.

Lyles got plenty of time.

Gobert played double digit minutes in every game that season that he was available so you can certainly debate Snyder's rotation but even before he was "forced" to start Gobert the young man was getting very regular playing time (I'm showing you the dozen or so games that precede Gobert becoming the regular starter):

image.png

I'm just saying there isn't a huge track record here of Snyder ignoring all rookies and sophmores and the track record actually runs contrary to that.  Kobe and AJ do not fit the pattern from Utah to the frustration of many of us (especially now that the front office has given up on this season).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Diesel said:

Like I said before.  Quin is the sacred cow in Atlanta.  I mean, I know he wishes that he can just call on Gobert and Mitchell to come in and win some games for him. 

But if he needs that... then does that mean he's a good coach or just was in the right place at the right time. 

Now.. Let's examine some of the mistruths you say.

You say he has come here and has old unathletic players?

You mean Wesley and Patty?  I agree.. but he chooses to play them rather than play the young players that he could play. 

If you're talking about Clint.  Clint is 28 years old... That's not old.  And Clint has a better motor than most of the team. 

It’s not Quin’s fault that so many people on this roster are guards when we needs wings and forwards.

I agree.  I believe our FO is guard crazy... a little.   But AJ is a wing. 

image.png

This is ridiculous.   AJ gets garbage minutes. 

You know who else is a wing that gets garbage minutes..  Seth Lundy

image.png

Garrison Matthews get 13 mpg.  He is a three point bomber, but can't hit a FT.

1. Wesley Matthews hasn’t played in literally a month. Who cares about Wesley? Patty seems like one of the only vets on the team Quin can trust because he can actually make shots and can hustle of the bench despite being 35 years old, but I still want to play the younger players off the bench.

2. Clint Capela has CLEARLY regressed every year he has been in Atlanta. He can’t move his body as well as he can in the ECF run. He’s missing more layups (44.7% on layups this season vs 57.9% last season) , hookshots (40.4% vs 40.7%) , and tip shots (40% vs 43.8%). This team plays better with Onyeka on the floor period. The stats are also from NBA.com. I don’t need to hear about Clint having a better motor than most of this team when Clint can’t even play 30 minutes without being on the injury report. Or when he doesn’t want to dunk over players that 6 inches shorter than him. He just don’t have it in him anymore. Jake Fischer himself even said that the league views Clint as a backup center. It’s over for him.

3. I want AJ to succeed so badly. But he has looked like hot garbage every time he has stepped on the court, and he looks to have trouble even defending THIRD STRINGER PLAYERS in garbage time. Only way we can play is with defenders around him and we don’t have that personnel right now. At this point if AJ doesn’t want to go to the G-league, then they just need to trade him.  I don’t understand why they aren’t playing Lundy though, but that’s a bigger organizational problem of “do they want to win this year or do they want to develop?”. We don’t know they answer until they trade Murray.

4. Garrison Matthews plays because he actually runs around and competes which you can’t say for literally half of the bench. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

I don't get saying Quin refuses to play young guys when he's made JJ basically the #2 player on the team.  JJ had played fewer than 100 games in the NBA.  

Everyone else is a rookie and Kobe was hurt for much of the season. 

Blaming Quin for AJ is crazy to me.  There's obviously something going on.  2nd year, 20 year olds don't take a leave of absence for a month and then come back into the rotation.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

2nd year, 20 year olds don't take a leave of absence for a month and then come back into the rotation.  

Then get him playing games in the GL

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Then get him playing games in the GL

I'm guessing there is a good reason he's not doing that either.   Like he's refused.  You can say this is speculation but so is the idea that Quin hates him and refuses to play him.  I'm pretty sure Quin would love to have a great 3 point shooter on the floor.   Something is going on and we have no idea what it is other than we know for sure that AJ's mental state was so bad he had to leave the team for a month.

My point is we have no info to say Quin is at fault for what's going on with AJ

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I don't get saying Quin refuses to play young guys when he's made JJ basically the #2 player on the team.  JJ had played fewer than 100 games in the NBA.  

Everyone else is a rookie and Kobe was hurt for much of the season. 

Blaming Quin for AJ is crazy to me.  There's obviously something going on.  2nd year, 20 year olds don't take a leave of absence for a month and then come back into the rotation.  

JJ is the reason the last guy got fired.   Quin is not stupid and JJ has proven himself.   Back to AHF's assertion.  What Choice did Quin have in Utah?

image.png

When he got there... his old guys were Steve Novak, Joe INgles, Elijah Milsap, Jeremy Evans, and Trevor Booker.  The rest of the team were young guys.   He really had no choice.

But he played Ingles Booker, and Milsap more than 19 mpg. 

You know Milsap should not have seen any minutes...

• Moderators
2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I'm guessing there is a good reason he's not doing that either.   Like he's refused. 

Would that be a good reason?  I'm not really giving him a choice if I'm Landry.  After an extended LOA, he is playing in College Park as part of him returning to the team and he doesn't get to say "no."

There may well be a good reason not to do this but him refusing on its own wouldn't be one in my book.

• Thanks 2

• Moderators
On 1/26/2024 at 2:15 PM, AHF said:

Would that be a good reason?  I'm not really giving him a choice if I'm Landry.  After an extended LOA, he is playing in College Park as part of him returning to the team and he doesn't get to say "no."

There may well be a good reason not to do this but him refusing on its own wouldn't be one in my book.

Other than the team is in shambles under the new coach, the #2 guy is openly hostile, we can afford much more drama.   I don't know.  Really have  no idea.  Seems like it was asked of AJ by a reporter but i've never seen the answer.  Other guys, like JJ, have asked to go to CP and they did.  So i dont know.

6 hours ago, AHF said:

The lack of adjustments on Luka makes yesterday maybe the worst game for Snyder in Atlanta for me.

No coach would ever let Trae kill them all game long like we allow ANY superstar perimeter player to off against us. That is a coaching, scheme, philosophy, etc…. Quin is not trying to win games, he’s trying to prove he is smarter than everyone else. I hate coaches like that.

Quin was brought in because he convinced the front office he could take this group and get more out of them than Nate was able to. He was supposed to be the perfect mix of X’s and O’s and talent development.

He is coaching as if he knows he can lose and his job is still safe. He has zero urgency to his gameplans. We can mix up the rotations and try out different players and combinations but we keep rolling out the same guys AS IF it is working, when it is not.

He has no answers and now the entire roster is the scapegoat. The same players he said he could take to the next level are now hopeless. We look worse than were last season with the majority of the same guys. We were hovering around .500 when Nate lost the locker room. We are knocking on 10 games below .500 before the All Star break. That is unacceptable no matter who you are. This was not a roster that was going through a rebuild. Blame execution, sure, but the coach is responsible for playing the guys who are best able to execute. He is responsible for getting players ready to perform.

He is no scapegoat for all of our problems but he is a part of the problem nonetheless.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Look at what AJ is doing in this clip.

Would Quin even allow this in his offense?

A man who shuns players that play in the midrange would never allow this.  More reason why we need to get off of the Quin train.

8 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Look at what AJ is doing in this clip.

Would Quin even allow this in his offense?

Someone who takes higher percentage shots and makes them?  No chance.  🙃