• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024 Hawks Offseason Thread: Lottery Bound

JayBirdHawk

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I'm f***ing livid. I waited for this day for years only for it to happen in the only draft I didn't want it to happen. Even in the 2013 draft, I really like Oladipo and Beal. Clingan upside is a better Gobert with a worse stamina.

Sarr is one of those guys who insane talent but he's not a big man. Jon Bender type. You draft him, he might not end up being shit but you hope he's a superstar. 

Man, I really hate this top 5 with a passion. Risacher should get a serious look but he won't because of BI. Man, this is some bullshit. I can see this looking really bad at the midseason when we should have taken Clingan. I can really see them buying Sarr and buying his defensive upside and thinking maybe Trae can make him more than what he is which is a shit screener who is a reactive defender. Ugh! 

I wanted to stick at 10 but I had a bad feeling we was gonna win the lottery

Why not take Edey? Isn't he generational? 

I wasn't a fan of getting the first pick this year.  I'd try and trade back and get more picks this year and next.  I got to watch more of Sarr.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Sothron said:

Just me spit balling this: wonder if the Spurs love someone enough to pair with Wemby to send us the 4 and 8 picks for our #1 pick.

I wondered about this ......but do we really need two picks in THIS draft and to trade with SAS...again?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

?  
If you are going to use this unrelated metaphor, why can’t we be Chicago then?  They were #1.  Carolina traded up for the wrong player.  We aren’t selling any farm land like Carolina did.

I hope there is an idiot willing to sell the farm to move up but I know that's not happening. I scouted these guys, no one will move up in this class and give you anything of value. Too many questions with all these guys

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Just me spit balling this: wonder if the Spurs love someone enough to pair with Wemby to send us the 4 and 8 picks for our #1 pick.

Nope

Just now, marco102 said:

Why not take Edey? Isn't he generational? 

I wasn't a fan of getting the first pick this year.  I'd try and trade back and get more picks this year and next.  I got to watch more of Sarr.

He's a fit for Trae but he's not in this range. Just because you can be special, your draft range is your draft range. Giannis wasn't a top 10 pick no matter what in 2013. 

In this range, it's Clingan, Risacher, Holland, and Sarr for the Hawks. 

• Thanks 1

Definitely Sarr over Clingan.  I have doubts about Clingan due to foot speed.  He’s not slow like Zach Edey, but he’s not modern big fast or quick.  Sarr is.  

7-1.  Can handle the ball.  Has shooting upside.  Can rim protect defensively while also being able to switch and do a lot of things defensively.  

• Like 3

Just now, KB21 said:

Definitely Sarr over Clingan.  I have doubts about Clingan due to foot speed.  He’s not slow like Zach Edey, but he’s not modern big fast or quick.  Sarr is.  

7-1.  Can handle the ball.  Has shooting upside.  Can rim protect defensively while also being able to switch and do a lot of things defensively.  

He's not good. These fairy tales you love so much bro. He's not good. 

Just now, NBASupes said:

I hope there is an idiot willing to sell the farm to move up but I know that's not happening. I scouted these guys, no one will move up in this class and give you anything of value. Too many questions with all these guys

That’s fine.  1 is better than 10.  It is independent of any other draft lottery.  Of course we would rather have Edwards.  What good does that do?  

Just now, Carmine said:

Take Sarr or trade the pick. He can bust just like the rest of em'. However, I'm not passing on a 1 of 1 athlete for his size whose strengths can fix our weaknesses.

If he fit Trae, I would strongly consider but he doesn't. His screening is poor. He's doesn't have this good frame either and his best position is at the 4 which is JJ spot. 

Clingan gives you enough upside and he's a clear fit with Trae. Take him even if he can only play 26 mpg

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, GameTime said:

C-  Sarr

PF- JJ
SF-Ingram

SG-Hunter

PF-Trae

Can't have both Ingram and Hunter, if Sarr is the guy we bring in, I don't want Ingram at all. 

Double down on defense. 

• Like 2