• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024 Hawks Offseason Thread: Lottery Bound

JayBirdHawk

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Players with no offensive game inevitably end up on the bench, no matter how good their defense is. Look at Matisse Thybulle. 

Sarr's numbers per 36 last year don't show no offensive game though (20 PPG, 5 FTA, 52%) 

Shows he is raw but aggressive offensively. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Players with no offensive game inevitably end up on the bench, no matter how good their defense is. Look at Matisse Thybulle. 

That is a terrible comp. Look at James Wiseman and Marvin Bagley.. 

Players with no defense bomb harder

On top of that, Thybulle is a shooting guard.. you want primarily scoring from the shooting guard spot..  However, Thybulle is a lot more valuable like the Caruso's of the world then an average scoring shooting guard. You are way out of the sensical zone.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

A blind person could see that Wiseman wasn’t all that.  I knew he wouldn’t be good.  Too slow.  

3 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Their careers have been derailed by injuries more than anything. But I'm just saying, I don't think Sarr is a no brainer here. We should take several players into consideration. 

19 minutes ago, KB21 said:

"His rim protection was especially important for Perth, a team that was downright atrocious at containing driblle penetration and needed Sarr to do a lot as a help defender around the basket. He was routinely acting as low man, rotating from the weak side corner to contest shots."

I mean, if this don't describe what the Hawks need, nothing else will.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b9522v7wtq4cpd2k1gssipl

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Good article to get an idea why people are mocking him more and more as #1

Some refuse to admit it, but the day of the big slow immobile big who can only do a couple of things in the court are dead and gone.  We are never going back to that. 

• Like 1

In fact, what we should do going forward is get rid of archaic positional names such as center, power forward and small forward.  Those terms should no longer be in our lexicon.   

Alexander Sarr is a switch big.  

IMG_6410.thumb.jpeg.3b4a2c20d21bee5e2a6916df181fc10c.jpeg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

In fact, what we should do going forward is get rid of archaic positional names such as center, power forward and small forward.  Those terms should no longer be in our lexicon.   

Alexander Sarr is a switch big.  

IMG_6410.thumb.jpeg.3b4a2c20d21bee5e2a6916df181fc10c.jpeg

What's left out is being at least decent interior players. Almost all of these guys are better inside than Sarr is and all of them are way more tougher than he is, stronger, and none of them are soft. Sarr is soft. 

1 hour ago, theheroatl said:

Bro... You need to calm yourself..

You can teach fundamentals..

You can't teach athleticism.

Clingan and Edey will always fall in the Valanciunas and Bogut category. Hawks don't need that right now. They need athletic rim protection and wing defense.

At overtime he was already getting hyped as athletic:

Oohhhh weeee. Ok I loved the physical attributes, the smoothness, but when I saw this video I saw a kid that had a good head on his shoulders and the support system from his family. He wants to work to get better and give back to Senegal 🇸🇳 and kids.

Great human. 💗 

YES! Don’t overthink it Hawks. This is him. 

Sarr is the one.

3 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

We have not heard anything from Trae all day, I know that DJM did do a tweet about it and few other folks but nothing from him or his father today.

R.4dda5000f7bbfd3eec7b6f116ed31a33?rik=n

Trae getting traded to San Antonio for our picks back and 4. Maybe we can still get Clingan.

No rumors, jk

Edited by NBASupes
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

His shooting needs work

Stroke is there though, nothing unorthodox about it either which I like. I mean there’s no Marion hitch to it or even Brandon Miller, I mean both shoot and shot well but I’d rather a nice pure stroke for a big like he has, makes life easier for Korver in practice with him.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

I see his defense as causing him to have a high floor

This. I see this and makes me feel comfortable. If it was the other way around I’d worry a bit. Defense and instincts. He has it.

• Like 2