• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024 Hawks Offseason Thread: Lottery Bound

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

This ain't that complicated to me. You do the same plan as you were going to do with the 10 pick only now you get a better player to do it with. 

You were never going to significantly alter the team in 25 through the draft. So do the trades and use the tpe amd add the No 1 now for exactly what No 10 was supposed to be....depth. 

Draft Sarr and start him in CP or start him on the bench. But you still gotta make trades and change the roster. How the heck does a gift like winning the lotto result in a drastic paradigm shift like tanking? Craziness

This, this, this.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm being overly dramatic with the 'trash'  but the tenor of your Trae speak is now very different vs how you discussed him in your Edey thread. 

Edey is an elite Helper and that's done. So I am back to trade Trae if the deal is good. You should have known this was going to be the direction. The Hawks did a lot of work on Sarr when he was with OTE. He's gonna be the pick. Even I knew it from the jump. So it's time to move to the next train station which is bye Trae. 👋 

We could still have a shot at Edey but his value ain't what it was gonna be with Trae. Might even be better now since he would be playing next to Sarr long term on defense. We probably need to move JJ, he's too much like Sarr and doesn't have Sarr upside at all plus without Trae, he might not cook as much. Get another future 1st or get another big wing. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Mikey said:

We will not be adding three rookies in one of the worst draft classes lol. 

I'm not advocating it. I am saying if they decide to blow it up this is the kind of situation that is almost ideal for it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

Here's the situation: the Hawks are caught between a rock and a hard place. They have a team that's good enough to reach the Play-in but not strong enough to advance to the playoffs, and when they do make it, they're quickly overpowered. With limited cap space and a starting backcourt earning $60 million, they still need to manage Johnson's contract and other disappointments. Moreover, Trae's player option is due in two years. If the team remains stagnant, it's uncertain if he will stay, especially if he has opportunities to join a team that aligns more closely with his ambitions.

As I've mentioned before, the upcoming decision and draft pick will be pivotal in the Atlanta Hawks' history. Just as OKC has demonstrated, it's possible to rebuild while still retaining valuable draft picks and win at a high level.

Ultimately, the blame does not lie with Trae, DJM, or any team member. The ownership must bear responsibility for these issues. In my view, while a reset may damage numerous relationships and alienate fans, it's imperative to avoid losing Trae for nothing. That outcome would be more detrimental than the departures of Horford and Millsap without any trade compensation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NekiEcko said:

Ultimately, the blame does not lie with Trae, DJM, or any team member. The ownership must bear responsibility for these issues. In my view, while a reset may damage numerous relationships and alienate fans, it's imperative to avoid losing Trae for nothing. That outcome would be more detrimental than the departures of Horford and Millsap without any trade compensation.

Probably does. They did too much stupid shit. They jumped anytime Trae said jump. Travis knew what was going to happen years ago and we refused to see it but Trae was making the franchise a lot of money

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

don't let some speculation about things get you down. We just got the #1 pick for the first time EVER. It is a happy day for Hawks fans! 

Yep. The Hawks can't win for losing

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

WE ARE NOT TANKING!!!!!

When the news drops... just saying. We need to be honest, Trae is gonna be a Spur

The NBA gonna make sure we get our 1st back for next year and that we got a lot of picks for this year. At the end of the day, this is what the NBA does. Depending on how bad attendance is next year, they gonna give us a top 3 pick next year. 

Edited by NBASupes

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Y'all have officially broke me. I'm done.

Bro I’m pumped which is a complete 180 from where I was on this team 10 hours ago. Franchise saving luck today.

Trae / JJ / Sarr / OO + whatever we get for DJM is going to be fun and a damn good team for the next decade.

If we can get Bridges or one of those Pels wings we’re cooking. 🔥🔥🔥

• Like 4

1 hour ago, theheroatl said:

That is a terrible comp. Look at James Wiseman and Marvin Bagley.. 

Players with no defense bomb harder

On top of that, Thybulle is a shooting guard.. you want primarily scoring from the shooting guard spot..  However, Thybulle is a lot more valuable like the Caruso's of the world then an average scoring shooting guard. You are way out of the sensical zone.

Name one defensive role player that's made an all star team besides Rudy Gobert? Name one defensive role player that's started in an all star game? Yea Alex Caruso is an impactful player. Would anyone take him with the number one overall pick? Offense is really, really important. 

5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Name one defensive role player that's made an all star team besides Rudy Gobert? Name one defensive role player that's started in an all star game? Yea Alex Caruso is an impactful player. Would anyone take him with the number one overall pick? Offense is really, really important. 

Draymond is a defensive anchor and never was the offensive threat… just literally off the top of my head.. there are so many important defensive players that were stars and didn’t have the scoring load.. 

Pistons anyone?

what are the bulls without Rodman

You want dominant defensive champions or a scoring 4 or 5… tell me which one you want in the finals

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 4