• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024 Hawks Offseason Thread: Lottery Bound

JayBirdHawk

11 hours ago, Sothron said:

For other guys at the combine results, Reed Sheppard had the highest vertical max at 42 inches. He's the 6'3" in shoes white kid that is simply amazing. If they blew up this roster and we could draft Sarr, Reed Sheppard and the best wing or another big at 8 I think that team could be exciting as living hell to watch.

But no wingspan at all.. 

I'm a sucker for long arms.. lol

Edited by terrell
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, terrell said:

But no wingspan at all.. 

I'm a sucker for long arms.. lol

Yes, I wish he had longer arms but honestly he's already an elite shooter and has elite hands. If we blow the roster up and come away with Sarr, Reed and whatever at 8 then I would be happy.

• Like 1

Just now, theheroatl said:

hell no

Well to be fair Vassell is a defensive dude and he’s pretty solid.. and a first.. I dunno. I would think about it.

Wait, Spurs want DJ back? 😆 

• Haha 1

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Would you guys be interested in the trade below? 

image.thumb.png.f89cdc41affa8ee4479c0720b7a987c2.png

San Antonio probably says no, though. 

It would be high on my list of trades I'd look at.  We could do a lot worse.  (I suspect in this scenario SA would give us back our own pick rather than give us their pick.)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Well to be fair Vassell is a defensive dude and he’s pretty solid.. and a first.. I dunno. I would think about it.

Wait, Spurs want DJ back? 😆 

Probably not.  That trade right there would make us right though.  We have a young two way shooting guard to go along with Trae, with Sarr, OO, JJ.

I'd include AJ in the trade as icing on the cake.  😄

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

It would be high on my list of trades I'd look at.  We could do a lot worse.  (I suspect in this scenario SA would give us back our own pick rather than give us their pick.)

I agree.  That would make more sense. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I’d definitely consider that trade…. As long as my pride doesn’t get in the way.  It’s like buying a tester/showroom car at the new price, driving your family down to the beach for vacation, and then selling it back when you return for the price of a 2-3 year old used car.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

I’d definitely consider that trade…. As long as my pride doesn’t get in the way.  It’s like buying a tester/showroom car at the new price, driving your family down to the beach for vacation, and then selling it back when you return for the price of a 2-3 year old used car.

lol..I agree, but Vassell would fit better with Trae. He's really shown a leap in the last two years which is why I don't think the Spurs will do it. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Hawkish said:

I've already mentally accepted that.  We aren't getting back the price we paid for DJM.  But Vassell is a young, legit two-way wing whose game would seem to fit pretty well with Trae.  (Vassell shoots >60% of his attempts at the rim or from 3pt range with roughly 45% being from 3 which would also seem to fit with Snyder's offense.) 

As we were much better with Trae and Bogi last year over Trae and DJM, I'm confident we would be better with Trae and Vassell versus keeping DJM.  So maybe we could do better but we could do a lot worse.  So if I have two sedans in my driveway and need a pickup truck, then I can live with having to get back less for the sedan I'm selling as long as I'm getting what I need in return.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

hell no

11 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

23 years old.  6'5", 6'10" wingspan 200lbs.  That would fit nicely next to Trae.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I’d do this trade in a heartbeat. Vassell fits nicely next to Trae and it also gets us back into the Cooper Flagg sweepstakes.

Agreed SA says no, unfortunately.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, marco102 said:

It's a good idea for me.  I was thinking a similar deal, but for Jalen Suggs, which probably works better for the trade partner.  Vassell might be more valuable than DJM already.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, txsting said:

It's a good idea for me.  I was thinking a similar deal, but for Jalen Suggs, which probably works better for the trade partner.  Vassell might be more valuable than DJM already.

I can’t see the pick being included from their side but it seems like something of interest given both teams’ needs.  SA is better with DJM + Wemby over Vassell + Wemby.  That said, finding a point is easier than finding a wing.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, AHF said:

I can’t see the pick being included from their side but it seems like something of interest given both teams’ needs.  SA is better with DJM + Wemby over Vassell + Wemby.  That said, finding a point is easier than finding a wing.

yeah, I only included the pick because @kg01 and @JayBirdHawkthreatened to beat me up with my last Dejounte trade proposal without appropriate picks.  😅

But I'd honestly do that deal straight up. I think it benefits both teams, but the Hawks a little more.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, marco102 said:

yeah, I only included the pick because @kg01 and @JayBirdHawkthreatened to beat me up with my last Dejounte trade proposal without appropriate picks.  😅

But I'd honestly do that deal straight up. I think it benefits both teams, but the Hawks a little more.

Bring Vassell 🏠 yes do it! Tough minded defensively and efficient offensively, that’s perfect.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, marco102 said:

You have no proof.  For legal purposes, I put nothing in writing ... 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Sothron said:

Yes, I wish he had longer arms but honestly he's already an elite shooter and has elite hands. If we blow the roster up and come away with Sarr, Reed and whatever at 8 then I would be happy.

We are in the minority but I feel the same way.  

• Thanks 1