10th

POSITION RNK

4th

PPG

RPG

APG

3P%

33.8%
There's been too much overcorrection here in the Collier market after he -- and the Trojans -- struggled in his one season with USC. The truth is that he is likely a top-10 talent in this class on paper because of his physical downhill game and finishing ability. He makes a tough style look easy -- the Puka Nacua of guards in this year's draft class.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2024-nba-mock-draft-french-stars-alex-sarr-zaccharie-risacher-go-1-2-as-order-takes-shape/

• Confused 2

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

10. Atlanta Hawks: Matas Buzelis

nf8zw9wefh7tp2fvykiw.jpg Louis Grasse/NBAE via Getty Images

Previous Mock Draft Spot: No. 10

Team: G League Ignite

Position: SF

Size: 6'8", 209 lbs

Age/Year: 19

Nationality: American/Lithuanian

Pro Comparison: Hedo Türkoğlu

Matas Buzelis showcased enough scoring versatility, athleticism and defensive playmaking to maintain a spot in this year's lottery discussion. Inconsistency and disappointing three-point shooting numbers have also affected scouts' confidence.

Buzelis should have a legitimate opportunity to improve his stock during workouts, where he can help ease concerns over a 26.1 three-point percentage that everyone expected to be significantly higher out of Sunrise Christian Academy.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10116891-2024-nba-mock-draft-2-round-predictions-with-lottery-odds-set

Hell yes this is my dude. My one and only this draft. Weak draft deserves weak coverage lol.. I dunno 🤷‍♀️ 

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:
Round 1 - Pick 10
USC • FR • 6'5" / 210 LBS

PROJECTED TEAM

Atlanta

PROSPECT RNK

10th

POSITION RNK

4th

PPG

RPG

APG

3P%

33.8%
There's been too much overcorrection here in the Collier market after he -- and the Trojans -- struggled in his one season with USC. The truth is that he is likely a top-10 talent in this class on paper because of his physical downhill game and finishing ability. He makes a tough style look easy -- the Puka Nacua of guards in this year's draft class.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2024-nba-mock-draft-french-stars-alex-sarr-zaccharie-risacher-go-1-2-as-order-takes-shape/

A freshman point guard. Who the hell is doing these mocks are they dumb or..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/21/2024 at 11:52 AM, Spud2nique said:

General question:

Why is it that when it’s time to flip our players we usually get MORE hosed than the average franchise..

it’s like around the league you hear..

Well Cam Reddish doesn’t have value..

John Collins value around the league isn’t that high…

Teams around the league don’t value … 

Hunter..

The list goes on and on..

But if a different franchise have say like a Jerome James from the Sonics back in the day… wow he is looked at as a huge addition ➕ in the trade market. Huh? 🤨 

I mean I get it as far as $ to ability but why aren’t our players valued high for the last 40 years. None. 

We gave up Gasol for Shareef but what did we unload Shareef for? 

I dunno it just seems like our players are hosed as well as our team around the league.

It’s bull$hit. It’s like racism in a way. I dunno I’m losin it take over @kg01 before AHF spanks me again.

We also often don’t trade players at the best time. Either we trade when their value is low, or when other teams know our back is against the wall and have to accept whatever crap we can just so we don’t walk away empty handed. 

They could have gotten a lot more from JC if they traded him the for year he was on the block instead of the third year when he just finished the worst year of his career thanks to the finger injury. Jazz bought low and it paid off for them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've thought about how to fix the Hawks.  This may not turn them into a championship contender, but it should get them out of the playin and once we are there maybe we can attract that second star. 

1.  Trade Murray to Orlando for Johnathan Issac and a protected first round pick, let's say top 15 protected. This adds some much needed defensive versatility to the front court and Orlando desperately needs good point guard play to help that roster.

2.  Sign Miles Bridges - He won't be going at the top tier free agency price and he's been cleared of his latest charges.  He solves a lot of problems we have.  He's a decent defender, great rebounder, can get his own shot and can play the 2, 3, or 4. 

3.  Sign Delon Wright - Helps with some point of attack defense which is much needed. 

4. Draft a center - My preference is Ware, but whoever you prefer. 

5. I wouldn't re-sign Bay. I like him, but with Issac and Bridges he won't be needed. 

Rest of the roster remains the same. 

1. PG - Trae Young

1.5. Combo Guards - Delon Wright, Kobe Bufkin (both on bench)

2. SG - Miles Bridges, Bogi and AJ - These can play 2 or 3 so we aren't short on SF.

3 SF - De'Andre Hunter, Vit

4. PF - Jalen Johnson, Johnathan Issac, Mo Gueye

5. C - Clint Capela, OO, Kel'el Ware

This roster isn't in cap hell either, so you can move pieces to improve under the new CBA if the results aren't there.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
42 minutes ago, marco102 said:

1.  Trade Murray to Orlando for Johnathan Issac and a protected first round pick, let's say top 15 protected. This adds some much needed defensive versatility to the front court and Orlando desperately needs good point guard play to help that roster.

Seems low: an oft injured guy who is limited to roughly 15mpg and I definitely don't like the protections on that pick. I'd also take Anthony Black.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, marco102 said:

2.  Sign Miles Bridges - He won't be going at the top tier free agency price and he's been cleared of his latest charges.  He solves a lot of problems we have.  He's a decent defender, great rebounder, can get his own shot and can play the 2, 3, or 4. 

He may have a lot of suitors though. Hawks will only have the $12 mil MLE to sign a FA. So fitting in him an Delon might be tough.

Seems low: an oft injured guy who is limited to roughly 15mpg and I definitely don't like the protections on that pick. I'd also take Anthony Black.

I’d want a whole lot more if we’re trading him within our division. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Just being realistic about returns. I'd love more, but that's like my minimum outcome.

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He may have a lot of suitors though. Hawks will only have the $12 mil MLE to sign a FA. So fitting in him an Delon might be tough.

I thought when we traded Murray that freed up an extra $8 million.   Who else are the suitors for Bridges? If need be we can move other pieces to fit him in.  I just thought he'd be more realistic than Ingram. To me, they are about the same level of player.

13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yeah @marco102 why you tryna give our stuff away for tha cheap?  Isaac is a distressed asset.  Better add some mo' stuff. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Yeah @marco102 why you tryna give our stuff away for tha cheap?  Isaac is a distressed asset.  Better add some mo' stuff. 

Is he though? That defense is game changing and we need it.  I'd love to get two or three unprotected firsts in my trade, but trying to be realistic.  You don't always get what you want, but we are def improved.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Just being realistic about returns. I'd love more, but that's like my minimum outcome.

I thought when we traded Murray that freed up an extra $8 million.   Who else are the suitors for Bridges? If need be we can move other pieces to fit him in.  I just thought he'd be more realistic than Ingram. To me, they are about the same level of player.

Goimg off memory and quick calculations  - We'd still be over the $141 salary cap. So we'd still have ZERO space under the cap to sign a free agent. We'd only have exceptions.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Goimg off memory and quick calculations  - We'd still be over the $141 salary cap. So we'd still have ZERO space under the cap to sign a free agent. We'd only have exceptions.

Thanks.  Could you do a sign and trade with JC's exception? 

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Thanks.  Could you do a sign and trade with JC's exception? 

I was just checking the expiration date on the JC TPE ti make sure it would still be available during FAcy. Looks like it expires July 8th. So yes, we can use a portion of the JC TPE in a SnT. The only difficulty is the Hornets will look for compensation to facilitate the deal and since we can't since him out right it'll have to be negotiated. Do we really want to give up a pick, which we don't have many of?

Hornets are interested in resigning him and he's also linked to the Pistons who have a ton of capspace.

21 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I was just checking the expiration date on the JC TPE ti make sure it would still be available during FAcy. Looks like it expires July 8th. So yes, we can use a portion of the JC TPE in a SnT. The only difficulty is the Hornets will look for compensation to facilitate the deal and since we can't since him out right it'll have to be negotiated. Do we really want to give up a pick, which we don't have many of?

Hornets are interested in resigning him and he's also linked to the Pistons who have a ton of capspace.

Yes..lol

We need players not picks and generally the comp with a sign and trade isn't that much.  

I'll also add that I don't think he's getting top tear money just because of the reputation, but all it takes is one team to pay him what he's actually worth. 

If Charollette wants him back it's a mute point. I read that they wanted the relationship to end.

Edited by marco102

Has to be the right 'valued' player(s) though.

He's giving you this and my hypothetical he's undervalued

image.thumb.png.7a983d5e9fa19ca5c37819122ebc8e15.png

So if he wants 4 years $60 to $70 million, I'd do it.

Edited by marco102

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

I've thought about how to fix the Hawks.  This may not turn them into a championship contender, but it should get them out of the playin and once we are there maybe we can attract that second star. 

3.  Sign Delon Wright - Helps with some point of attack defense which is much needed. 

4. Draft a center - My preference is Ware, but whoever you prefer. 

5. I wouldn't re-sign Bay. I like him, but with Issac and Bridges he won't be needed. 

Rest of the roster remains the same. 

1. PG - Trae Young

1.5. Combo Guards - Delon Wright, Kobe Bufkin (both on bench)

2. SG - Miles Bridges, Bogi and AJ - These can play 2 or 3 so we aren't short on SF.

3 SF - De'Andre Hunter, Vit

4. PF - Jalen Johnson, Johnathan Issac, Mo Gueye

5. C - Clint Capela, OO, Kel'el Ware

This roster isn't in cap hell either, so you can move pieces to improve under the new CBA if the results aren't there.

I can't go into next year with Hunter and Vit as the primary sf on the roster. Gotta upgrade there. I like Vit a lot, but I'm not starting him off the jump. And Hunter starting is a no go for me. 

5 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I can't go into next year with Hunter and Vit as the primary sf on the roster. Gotta upgrade there. I like Vit a lot, but I'm not starting him off the jump. And Hunter starting is a no go for me. 

They won't be. Miles can play 2, 3 or 4 and you have Bogi, AJ, Kobe and Wright who can play the 2.

Edited by marco102

34 minutes ago, marco102 said:

They won't be. Miles can play 2, 3 or 4 and you have Bogi, AJ, Kobe and Wright who can play the 2.

So are you starting:

Trae

Bogie

Miles

JJ

CC?

I still think we need to upgrade from Clint