• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024 Hawks Offseason Thread: Lottery Bound

JayBirdHawk

10 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

Starting Hunter and CC is a hard pass for me. I'm intrigued by Miles but you aren't doing anything to fix the biggest weakness from this year. 

Keep Hunter, but off the bench. Let CC go or come off the bench.

Hunter and Capela gotta go. I agree

Bogi is not our starting SG.

Trae-SG-SF-Jalen-Center

Trae and Jalen are the only starters for next year we currently have. We need better defensive players at the other spots.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

To answer my own rhetorical question...

SFs Starting Game 1 of 2024 Playoffs:

• Jason Tatum
  • Caleb Martin
  • Kelly Oubre
  • OG Anunoby
  • Aaron Nesmith
  • Kris Middleton
  • Franz Wagner
  • Maxi Strus
  • Brandon Ingram
  • Lou Dort
  • LeBron
  • Michael Porter
  • Brad Beal
  • Jaden McDaniels / Kyle Anderson
  • Derrick Jones
  • Paul George

How many of these guys would Hunter start over?  4? 5?  It's not a lot. 

And Centers:

• Portzingus
  • Bam Adebayo
  • Embiid
  • I. Hartenstein
  • Miles Turner
  • B. Lopez
  • Paulo Banchero
  • Jarod Allen
  • Jones V.
  • Chet
  • AD
  • Joker
  • NUrkic
  • Gobert
  • Gafford
  • Zubac

How many would Clint start over?  I can make an argument that Clint would only start over Gafford.  Maybe?  The point is, if we want to improve the Hawks, we HAVE to upgrade the roster.  Hunter and Clint are fine off the bench, but they are no longer starters, imo.  

To answer your question, I said in another thread I like the BI and Daniels for DJM plus salary trade.  That would solve the 3 issue.  For Center, I'm not sure. It would be best through the draft if there was a player that was a sure thing, but since there's not, it would need to be through trade.  Maybe we start OO but he hasn't proven to be healthy consistently.  So I'm not clear on that one yet.  But I'm pretty confident that I don't want to run it back with Clint starting.  

Thanks for the detailed response. I just think you are getting to hung up on "starting". Starters don't necessarily play the most or closing minutes. You need Clint's rebounding against those centers you listed. 

My front court options are Miles Bridges , Jalen Johnson, J. Isaac, Clint Capela, De'Andre Hunter, Onyeka Okongwu, Mo Gueye, Kel'el Ware, and Vit. You can start whoever you want from that group at SF, PF, C.  J. Isaac actually helps with point of attack defense and overall defense which is why I want him.

I'm turning sour towards Ingram because he's going to be on a max contract and his production ain't that. I thought his defense had improved but I watched him the other night and was disappointed. 

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Would you want Embiid? 

Don't think we have the assets to get him though. 

@hazer where u at??? This might be it!!!!

For me hell no! He’s a bigger glassier tmac it’s sad 😔 really but he talks mad 😡 $hit so..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

All their guards are backups or situational guys, including him.

How dare you talk about my 🌞 that way man you don’t even know nuttin @kg01 I was the man at UNLV I made grandmama and plastic man even though Anderson Hunt is the guy I was mistaken for in the draft… :mellow: G.A. #50 #94Knocks :batman:

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Would you want Embiid? 

Don't think we have the assets to get him though. 

Heyul nawl.  Dude struggled, health wise, to get through his 20's.  I shudder to think what his 30's gonna look like.

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I dunno 🤷‍♀️ but it wouldn’t end well 😆 🤡 

image.gif.2b234cdb33db9ac64ac13c97630c8772.gif

Heh, maybe we shld do it then.  Torpedo the Mag. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

How dare you talk about my 🌞 that way man you don’t even know nuttin @kg01 I was the man at UNLV I made grandmama and plastic man even though Anderson Hunt is the guy I was mistaken for in the draft… :mellow: G.A. #50 #94Knocks :batman:

Tell your sun to cut them dreds too while we're at it.  That hairline backslidin' like a sinner in church. 😁 

• Haha 1

DJ straight up for lil rugrat Cole! Who says no! :mellow:

image.gif.aa33c9f3f52a57ca144f71c51a260dcc.gif

He did clown 🤡 Alice here I think so A+ on that. He’s a cocky lil fck. So is DJ though. Capstone would live that backcourt eh 😕 

Trae and Cole. It’ll be quite the show.. OOOOHHHHH MYYYYYYYY :ohmy:-d*ck Enberg 

Edited by Spud2nique

8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I dunno 🤷‍♀️ but it wouldn’t end well 😆 🤡 

image.gif.2b234cdb33db9ac64ac13c97630c8772.gif

Also, I miss real cartoons.  

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

DJ straight up for lil rugrat Cole! Who says no! :mellow:

He did clown 🤡 Alice here I think so A+ on that. He’s a cocky lil fck. So is DJ though. Capstone would live that backcourt eh 😕 

Trae and Cole. It’ll be quite the show.. OOOOHHHHH MYYYYYYYY :ohmy:-d*ck Enberg 

No ... just .... no, squd. 😢

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

No ... just .... no, squd. 😢

I was being facetious early doh 😣 I’m waiting for my car at the mechanic 👩‍🔧 hence im wylin out for a min.

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Naz Reid+

I made a nutty perimeter jumper fake and slash for a dunk with him on 2K yesterday! I love that quick foot big foot. :applause:

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I was being facetious early doh 😣 I’m waiting for my car at the mechanic 👩‍🔧 hence im wylin out for a min.

I made a nutty perimeter jumper fake and slash for a dunk with him on 2K yesterday! I love that quick foot big foot. :applause:

Sorry, I got PTSD from a bunch of internet chatter about how we stink and need to trade everybody.  Smh 

And Naz Reid is awesome.  Hope MIN is dumb enough to trade him. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

To answer my own rhetorical question...

SFs Starting Game 1 of 2024 Playoffs:

• Jason Tatum
  • Caleb Martin
  • Kelly Oubre
  • OG Anunoby
  • Aaron Nesmith
  • Kris Middleton
  • Franz Wagner
  • Maxi Strus
  • Brandon Ingram
  • Lou Dort
  • LeBron
  • Michael Porter
  • Brad Beal
  • Jaden McDaniels / Kyle Anderson
  • Derrick Jones
  • Paul George

How many of these guys would Hunter start over?  4? 5?  It's not a lot. 

And Centers:

• Portzingus
  • Bam Adebayo
  • Embiid
  • I. Hartenstein
  • Miles Turner
  • B. Lopez
  • Paulo Banchero
  • Jarod Allen
  • Jones V.
  • Chet
  • AD
  • Joker
  • NUrkic
  • Gobert
  • Gafford
  • Zubac

How many would Clint start over?  I can make an argument that Clint would only start over Gafford.  Maybe?  The point is, if we want to improve the Hawks, we HAVE to upgrade the roster.  Hunter and Clint are fine off the bench, but they are no longer starters, imo.  

To answer your question, I said in another thread I like the BI and Daniels for DJM plus salary trade.  That would solve the 3 issue.  For Center, I'm not sure. It would be best through the draft if there was a player that was a sure thing, but since there's not, it would need to be through trade.  Maybe we start OO but he hasn't proven to be healthy consistently.  So I'm not clear on that one yet.  But I'm pretty confident that I don't want to run it back with Clint starting.  

Like I've been saying . . . . the frontcourt is the issue folks.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

"Nah, I'll just keep blaming the one guy that can get all-NBA votes.  Yeah, it must be his fault." - They 

• Like 2

Some things just don't add up like it should.  Murray was apparently on the "for sale" lot at the close of the trade deadline.  No one would meet our price.  He stayed.  Trae went down with an injury.  Murray carried the team and they had a pretty good record.  Trae came back, late in the season, and the Hawks lost the remaining games.

:ahf:

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, theheroatl said:

Hunter and Capela gotta go. I agree

Bogi is not our starting SG.

Trae-SG-SF-Jalen-Center

Trae and Jalen are the only starters for next year we currently have. We need better defensive players at the other spots.

Either better defensive players, or more versatile offensive threats.

Hunter is low energy.  If he's not scoring the basketball, he's not affecting the game at all.

Capela is too limited offensively and not impactful enough defensively.

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The key question for me is how to fix it.  Trading one of DJM or Trae is the best path, imo.  We have already seen that Bogi + Trae and Bogi + DJM performed way better than Trae + DJM so I don't think our backcourt would suffer tremendously.  I'm also encouraged with what we saw from Kobe and expect that he will need regular minutes next season (and hopeful that AJ can return to the rotation as well).  

I don't think we are going to get very far in upgrading the talent and depth of the frontcourt by trading our frontcourt players (i.e., I don't think there is a Hunter plus something for Mikal Bridges trade that is coming or anything like that).

• Like 2

Why the Warriors, Bulls, Hawks and Kings face tough choices after Play-In Tournament exits - The Athletic

Some snippets:

• John says the Hawks could return all 12 players with contracts for next season, sign Vit to a NBA deal, and fill out the rest of the team with the likely 10th pick and stay a hair under the luxury tax.
  • He also says that league handicappers, whatever that means, believe that Young is more likely to be moved than Murray.
  • He says that trading young for multiple smaller deals allows them to push themselves back from the tax line and also sets them up to give Jalen Johnson a big extension.
  • John Collins trade exception expires June 26th, but he says Atlanta could use this exception to generate one of similar size in a Young deal.

I think he significantly undersells the continued improvement of Jalen and Onyeka.  

• Like 4