• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Petition to remove Dolfan23 as moderator/admin

Quote:

This guy doesn't even live in Atlanta. How can the person in charge of the site not even live in the city? All he does is argue with people's opinions and doesn't offer anything productive here. OK, we all have OPINIONS, so quit pissing us all off and leave this site.Thanks.Gotta tell you (completely unbiased opinion here, by the way), what you've said in this thread lacks substance and makes you sound like a bitter, immature tool bag.I don't resort to name calling very often, but if you had made one halfway reasonable attempt at a point in this thread I wouldn't have felt the need to respond. It's also ironic that the people accusing dolfan of attacking them seem to be far more aggressive.This coming from someone who really doesn't care either way, and rarely uses this forum for more than just links to breaking Hawks news.

Quote:

Why is it a prerequisite to be from Atlanta to be a fan of the Hawks? I probably have been a fan a lot longer then you and I have never lived there.

There is a reason this is one of the best and more mature sports forums around. Its because of Kudzu, Chilz and Dolfan. Try dealing with the silliness on the realgm forums or Espn forums if you are unhappy here.

As the former moderator of the Hawks ESPN board from right after the JJ trade, until they changed up the boards back in 2006, I would definitely agree with everything you said.

This board, compared to most fan boards, is a top notch place to post. Dolfan and Chillz do a trmendous job here managing this site. People pretty muc have free reign to post whatever they want, as long as it doesn't go over the line. When one of them feels the need to step in and control/neutralize a situation, they do.

Over at ESPN, I know I would spend at least 15 - 30 minutes a day just deleting spam posts, or temporarily banning trolls. That board was nothing but a playground for trolls. And back in those days, the trolls were plentiful. I had to be heavy-handed with some of those kids/guys. Then they'd whine and complain like Iverson when he doesn't get a foul call going to they hole, under a different username, asking why I banned them.

But even though I was a moderator, I would still be a very active poster whose opinions sometimes disagreed with the majority of the fan base. ( I know, that's a big shock huh? ).

I've only see or heard of them dropping the hammer on somebody 3 times in the 3 years I've been on the site. Once on that Phoenix fan after the JJ trade. ( who was probably the same cat trolling the Hawks ESPN boards during that time ) . Once on Walter, after he cursed at one of them. And once on that Lawstudent guy last year.

Other than that, they manage these boards well. They could very easily be a-holes, and ban posters or delete posts anytime they wanted to. As much as Dol and Ex have been going at it lately, he could easily drop the hammer on Ex for about a week, just out of spite . . . but he doesn't.

You definitely like to go against the grain (as I do as well) when it comes to some of the topics around here but it's all in good fun and in the spirit of keeping things lively. I've never been around a sports site that continues to have so many posts even when the season is over and there is nothing to talk about like this place. The only people that I have banned are those kids that kept registering a few months ago (something like 20+ usernames) and bumpyphish for crossing the line after MANY warnings. I don't particularly care for Exodus but there's no way I would ban him for being an [censored] when I am the same way with him. I respect his opinion too and it would be a big loss for the community on here.

Who the hell is this guy? What a pointless thread, any legitimate poster will tell you Dolfan does a lot for the website and I seriously doubt anyone would want to remove him from any position.

Quote:

Who the hell is this guy? What a pointless thread, any legitimate poster will tell you Dolfan does a lot for the website and I seriously doubt anyone would want to remove him from any position.Agreed. I was laughing out loud whilst reading through this thread. People here at work were giving me weird looks. It is one of the most ridiculous threads I have ever read on this board, and I have read the vast majority of them. I would fear the demise of this board if Dolfan left.Oh yeah, Im an Australian Hawks fan, only ever been to Atlanta once, but I'm still a Hawks fan through and through. You don't need to be from or in the ATL to be a true fan.CheersRick

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Alright alright I'll take down the Yankees and Dolphins stuff. I guess you guys are still bitter about 1996 Posted Image

How are you a Yankees fan, a Hawks fan, and a Dolphins fan? Don't you guys think that is weird?

Some of us ain't homers, my friend.

Hawks... Cowboys... and a MLB team I'd rather not name at the moment. (Posted Image) All because I happened to choose Pete Maravich, Craig Morton, and Joe Morgan as my favorite players when I first began collecting cards. In fact, I've always had a little spite in my heart for the local teams... I guess you could say I began my teenage rebellion when I was 6. (Posted Image).

Btw... this thread is really complete nonsense. It's just not appropriate. We don't take votes on moderators. Never have, never will. If you have complaints about mods, I believe it is appropriate to first PM them about the issue. Then if you're still not happy, PM chilz. Otherwise, go create your own board and see if you can attract anyone there.

Quote:

So let me get this right....Exodus = TheTrueSiete = Basketballguy?Wow!!I have lived in Maryland since the summer of 2005 so naturally i would criticize Dolfan for not living in Atlanta. Makes perfect sense. I am well aware that you live further from Atlanta than I do but you haven't seen me criticize you for it. I don't care where Dolfan, or anyone else, lives. We have a lot of Hawks fans here that aren't even living in the US but i don't see that as making them less of a fan.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

So let me get this right....Exodus = TheTrueSiete = Basketballguy?Wow!!I have lived in Maryland since the summer of 2005 so naturally i would criticize Dolfan for not living in Atlanta. Makes perfect sense. I am well aware that you live further from Atlanta than I do but you haven't seen me criticize you for it. I don't care where Dolfan, or anyone else, lives. We have a lot of Hawks fans here that aren't even living in the US but i don't see that as making them less of a fan.When have I criticized you are anyone about where they live? Seems like a change of subject leader?

Quote:

Quote:

So let me get this right....

Exodus = TheTrueSiete = Basketballguy?

Wow!!

I have lived in Maryland since the summer of 2005 so naturally i would criticize Dolfan for not living in Atlanta. Makes perfect sense.

I am well aware that you live further from Atlanta than I do but you haven't seen me criticize you for it.

I don't care where Dolfan, or anyone else, lives. We have a lot of Hawks fans here that aren't even living in the US but i don't see that as making them less of a fan.

Okay, so if it isn't you, who is this guy?! Dolfan, can you check the IPs and see if any other members' names come up who used thesame IP?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

So let me get this right....

Exodus = TheTrueSiete = Basketballguy?

Wow!!

I have lived in Maryland since the summer of 2005 so naturally i would criticize Dolfan for not living in Atlanta. Makes perfect sense.

I am well aware that you live further from Atlanta than I do but you haven't seen me criticize you for it.

I don't care where Dolfan, or anyone else, lives. We have a lot of Hawks fans here that aren't even living in the US but i don't see that as making them less of a fan.

When have I criticized you are anyone about where they live? Seems like a change of subject leader?

Change of subject? You are the one claiming that i started the thread under an alias. Here is the first post.

Quote:

This guy doesn't even live in Atlanta. How can the person in charge of the site not even live in the city?

Why would i criticize Dolfan for not living in the city when I haven't lived there for years?

Why would i create a new username to dog Dolfan when i haven't shown any reluctance to criticize him with my regular account?

Last but certainly not least if i really had created a new account in Feb of this year do you really think it would only have 19 posts?

Posted Image

The one "weapon" I wished I had access to over @ ESPN, would be to people's IP addresses, to give us the option to ban someone that way, instead of just their username. The true "trolls" or posters that like to clown people by posting under 3 - 10 different names, could be handled quite nicely with an IP ban.I'm sure Dol could probably check to see if all of those names are coming from the same IP. If they are, I wouldn't ban the names if I were him. I'd just let everyone on the board know that I know for a FACT that they are indeed the same person. That would essentially impose a self-ban on the other usernames outside of his main one.People need to remember that you're only anonymous to a certain point, on the net.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Alright alright I'll take down the Yankees and Dolphins stuff. I guess you guys are still bitter about 1996 Posted Image

How are you a Yankees fan, a Hawks fan, and a Dolphins fan? Don't you guys think that is weird?

Some of us ain't homers, my friend.

Hawks... Cowboys... and a MLB team I'd rather not name at the moment. (Posted Image) All because I happened to choose Pete Maravich, Craig Morton, and Joe Morgan as my favorite players when I first began collecting cards.

I'm not an ATL local, but all of the teams I like follow right now, were good in the mid-late 80s

- Hawks: ( because of Nique and Spud . . . and the fact that they used to show a lot of Hawks games on TBS and later on TNT, before they got the NBA yearly package. Back in those days, there were no territorial restrictions to Hawk games. They had free national reign, like the Cubs do on WGN and like the Braves used to have on TBS. )

- Cincinnati Reds: ( because of Pete Rose, Mario Soto, and Eric Davis . . . and the fact that they were shown locally on the Nashville independent channel back then, which is now a Nashville FOX network affialiate. The Reds and Cards used to be the regional teams of choice in the South, because although the Braves had TBS, they were just too sorry to have a big following. Once they started winning though, the entire South quickly adopted them. When they became good, the Braves became our NL West rivals. LOL . . . . and to this day, I despise the Braves. I've neva, EVA, rooted for that team to win. )

- Cincinnati Bengals: ( I was a Cowboy fan when I was a pre-teen, and was devstated by Dwight Clark's catch. So I rooted for the Bengals to beat the 49ers. They became my AFC team of choice, with the Boys being my main team. But when Dallas fired Landry, I shifted my allegiance fully to the Bengals, basically disowned the Cowboys, and have been a fan ever since. LOL . . if I would've just stuck with the Cowboys a little bit longer. The only team I hate more than the Braves, are the 49ers. NBA-wise, I probably hate Indiana the most. )

It's possible if you have a proxy that you can use in another state to connect through, or if you have a computer at home and one at work/school. Your IP at home will sometimes change after a few months as well. In most cases though you do only have 1 IP address.