• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bibby on Smoove.

buckeye242424

“If you don’t want me to throw to him put him somewhere else,” Bibby shouted. “He’s wide [@*&$%] open. Wide open. What do you want me to do? If you don’t want him shooting that then put him somewhere else. You tell him.”

After getting it back as good as he gave it, Woodson crossed his arms, did a pirouette and smiled at everyone watching as he strolled back toward the Hawks’ bench.

I laughed when I read this. I think Woody is scared of Smoove. He's quoted as saying "we're not going to tell him NOT to shoot". Yet, he yells at our PG for passing the ball to him. Good for Bibby shouting back, he needed to.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was not at the game.....so I missed Woodson's reactions and all the stuff that goes on off camera for Game 7. I just watched this one on TV.

On TV it showed Woody yelling at Smith after a missed perimeter shot in the early part of the 4th quarter. You could see him making signs with his hands to take it to the hole next time. The TV announcers even commented on it.

The commentator said something to the effect that.........Well, that missed shot got Mike Woodson out of his seat. Look at him (as the put the camera on Woody) tell Smith to take it in the paint next time.................either Jackson or VanGundy then chimed in.........that is where he is at his best.

I wonder if that was before or after Bibby told Woody what he thought ?

Edited by coachx

I know Bibby ran over to an assistant coach real quick before half time. I really dont mind everyone being animated while the game is going on though. It shows they all actually care and want to win.

“If you don’t want me to throw to him put him somewhere else,” Bibby shouted. “He’s wide [@*&$%] open. Wide open. What do you want me to do? If you don’t want him shooting that then put him somewhere else. You tell him.”

After getting it back as good as he gave it, Woodson crossed his arms, did a pirouette and smiled at everyone watching as he strolled back toward the Hawks’ bench.

I laughed when I read this. I think Woody is scared of Smoove. He's quoted as saying "we're not going to tell him NOT to shoot". Yet, he yells at our PG for passing the ball to him. Good for Bibby shouting back, he needed to.

LOL way to tell that dumbass off.

• Moderators

If you don’t want him shooting that then put him somewhere else. You tell him.

• Moderators

THAT IS FANTASTIC! Sorry for the all-caps but the fact that Woodson puts Smoove outside the 3pt line on offense is one of the dumbest coaching moves he makes. Thank you Mike Bibby for vocalizing the frustration of every Atlanta fan.

• Premium Member
THAT IS FANTASTIC! Sorry for the all-caps but the fact that Woodson puts Smoove outside the 3pt line on offense is one of the dumbest coaching moves he makes. Thank you Mike Bibby for vocalizing the frustration of every Atlanta fan.

That's because we're running a Detroit Piston set. (kinda).

Sheed would line up outside the 3 pt line. Teams would foolishly leave him open and guess what, he'd drain the three.

Honestly, since it looks like we're keeping Woodson, we need an assistant who can redo our offense. Del Harris did a wonderful job in Chicago. Did you see the movement that those guys have. Maybe we can spend the money and get Eddie Jordan!!!

Woodson spoke about this incident on 790 this morning. He said it was the first time "Bibby gave it back to him" or something like that. He didn't explain what it was about though, but Bibby's response was perfect and Woodson had no response, because there is no response. I do give Woodson credit though for not arguing that point that Bibby made. He knoew Bibby was right and turned around and took it. The question now is, WILL Woodson move Smith away from that 3 point line? It does seem like Woodson is afraid of confronting Smith about shooting long jumpers and seems like he will "allow" Smith a little slack on this. Our best bet is to hope that Smith will one day realize he plays his best when attacking the rim. All this national TV exposure has got to help drive that point home into Josh's head. EVERY broadcaster says the same thing and you can bet they will keep saying it in the Cleveland series if Josh keeps shooting from long range.

Woodson spoke about this incident on 790 this morning. He said it was the first time "Bibby gave it back to him" or something like that. He didn't explain what it was about though, but Bibby's response was perfect and Woodson had no response, because there is no response. I do give Woodson credit though for not arguing that point that Bibby made. He knoew Bibby was right and turned around and took it. The question now is, WILL Woodson move Smith away from that 3 point line? It does seem like Woodson is afraid of confronting Smith about shooting long jumpers and seems like he will "allow" Smith a little slack on this. Our best bet is to hope that Smith will one day realize he plays his best when attacking the rim. All this national TV exposure has got to help drive that point home into Josh's head. EVERY broadcaster says the same thing and you can bet they will keep saying it in the Cleveland series if Josh keeps shooting from long range.

True....but how could he argue? Bibby hit the nail on the head. If Woodson, all the Hawks players, fans, media, squawkers, etc. know Smoove should not be shooting those shots... MOVE HIM!!! Otherwise, he is WIDE open. Which is exactly what Miami wanted, and Cleveland wants. Woody must change it. He can laugh it off now, or like he did in the game, but it's obvious adjustments must be made before Cleveland.

• Premium Member

He should here it from his coach first. Woody doesn't get a pardon here.

i just wish that smith would first concentrate on learning to shoot short jumpers first......although he has a different skill set he must understand that neither kevin garnett, tim duncan, or many power forwards shoot 3's...

The only reason Smith is out there is to open the most space inside possible for JJ to do his one on one thing. Game 7 was hopefully an epiphany offensively with all the motion offense that basically got Joe out of his slump and everyone involvled.

This is leadership. Thank you for posting.

• Premium Member
Im glad Bibby said this because i have been saying it in the chat the whole year and everyone has been piling on me about it. If the coach doesn't want him taking that shot then design plays that dont have him standing there.

I say this to my brother all the time, it's common sense.