• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Amare for Smith rumors seem to be heating up according to ESPN!

JTB

It seems that most of us agree on:

1. Amare is a huge liability in terms of his health, contract issues, defense...

2. Smoove is still very young and he's signed lon-term for reasonable money... and he'll continue to improve!

3. Someone said that we were the 2nd youngest playoff team...

4. We are already successfuly started adding pieces to improve our team for the next season...

In my oppinion Smoove shouldn't be traded for Amare, especially if we'll have to give up more in the process. I still believe in Smith and this team! I also think that if we address our overall depth and add 1-2 veteran players (PG and C), we could see the true value of this team... We all must agree that this team never dissapointed us and constantly showed improvement! I guess that we all want to win and do it now, or better yesterday! I understand that, and that's OK! But at the same time we forget how young Hawks are...

Hawks should turn their attention towards re-signing Marvin and upgrading at PG (Bibby's replacement) and C (Zaza's replacement or Zaza and another FA big)!

P.S. I wouldn't mind discussing a trade Smith - Bosh, but as far as Amare in concerned there are just too many Q-marks!

Edited by T21

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Amare is a huge liability in terms of his health, contract issues, defense...

2. Smoove is still very young and he's signed lon-term for reasonable money... and he'll continue to improve!

4. We are already successfuly started adding pieces to improve our team for the next season...

In my oppinion Smoove shouldn't be traded for Amare, especially if we'll have to give up more in the process. I still believe in Smith and this team! I also think that if we address our overall depth and add 1-2 veteran players (PG and C), we could see the true value of this team... We all must agree that this team never dissapointed us and constantly showed improvement! I guess that we all want to win and do it now, or better yesterday! I understand that, and that's OK! But at the same time we forget how young Hawks are...

Hawks should turn their attention towards re-signing Marvin and upgrading at PG (Bibby's replacement) and C (Zaza's replacement or Zaza and another FA big)!

P.S. I wouldn't mind discussing a trade Smith - Bosh, but as far as Amare in concerned there are just too many Q-marks!

I'd rather give up less and target Kaman.

agreed. :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I'd rather give up less and target Kaman.

I'd like adding Kaman! Who knows, maybe Clippers would agree to ship him our way for less than his market value (he had an injury-plagued season, they have Camby, Randolph and now Griffin). I'm not sure that we have right chips to attract them though...

I think it would go through when ppl I knew was saying some major changes will be made after the playoffs. That didn't mean the Amare trade but I knew JJ or Smith was leaving no matter what. One or the other, they couldn't co-exist anymore. Amare is just the most logical player to join the team. I didn't think it would happen till my source told me. He's been wrong on the Hawks often but not so much with other teams. The Hawks pull out of deals a lot. So it's no fact that this will happen. I would imagine that an extension is most important. He told me that Amare and the Hawks were working on one and Amare demands where too high at that time but it might have dropped. We will see...

i figured crawford was a little insurance against jj going away sometime between now and next offseason.

i'm glad to hear that amare and hawks were working on an extension, because it would be a horrible move to get him without one.

1. Amare health is like Nene, both players had one major injury. They both recovery then had a major non basketball related injury (Cancer for Nene and Eye issues for Amare). Both of those injuries are non treating to a player's development. He not so much injury phone once you look at it.

2. Your two stars have issues with each other and everyone knows it too. They work together but can ignore the other at critical times which hurts the teams development. Remember the Milwaukee Bucks in the early 2000's had the same issue.

3. We are young and talented, no one denies that. Everyone like the starters on Atlanta. Everyone thinks that the individual talent on the team is one of the best in the NBA. This is a team sport, we need to build a team.

4. Agreed

Edited by nbasuperstar40

• Premium Member
I want nothing to do with any of this. Fwiw.

Depends on the price, but I tend to agree.

It will be a lot easier to get Smith to take less shots the next 2-3 years than it will be to get Amare to play defense. Although it should be stated that Amare is not a poor helpside defender.

This belief is just my personal opinion (Just mines)

The offseason moves made this year:

PG:

Bibby- Atlanta

Felton- Portland

Miller- Miami

Jack- Indiana

N. Robinson- New York

Kidd- Dallas

SG:

Kobe Bryant- LA

Gordon- Detroit

AI- ?

Flip- ?

SF:

Artest- Houston

Hedo- Orlando

Marvin- Charlotte

Odom- Utah

Ariza- LAL

Marion- New York

Childress- Atlanta

PF:

Boozer- Detroit

Milsap- Jazz

Lee- New York

G. Davis- Boston

R. Wallace- Dallas

Bass- Dallas

Charlie V- Milwaukee

C:

Zaza- Squrs

Gortat- A lot of teams have offered him... ?

Trades:

Amare for Josh Smith

Bosh for T-mac +filler and draft picks

Bosh reputation around the league is okay, but no one wants to pay him the money he wants. Many people see Bosh like I do which is a talented PF who is smart but this is as good as it gets. That's not enough for most teams. Houston wants another player that can put them over the hump, Bosh can do that and fit into Adelman system. T-Mac gets a chance to prove he still has it, obviously this is a clear move that TOR rebuilding but you knew that when they selected Derozan. Good move by both teams, Toronto can make Brags a #1 option and speed up his development at the same time it put them in position for a Top 5 pick in a really deep 2010 draft. Houston finally becomes championship level and they have a team full of #2 options who can play within the system. Great move for both teams in that perceptive. (Note: This complete post is personal opinion).

That's it for big trades but minor ones will be made at higher than expected rates I believe.

Southeast Division:

Atlanta- Atlanta lacks post depth but signing a backup PF and bring Andersen from Europe vastly improves the team.

Orlando- Needs to sign Hedo back but they will be a force for years to come in the NBA. Dwight finally gets it.

Miami- Miami was just a PG and a more mature Beasley away from being a good team. With a year under Beasley belt and Andre Miller should help that. Expect good play out of South Beach.

Washington- If they stay healthy could challenge Orlando and Atlanta for the conference title. They have depth, starting talent, and now good coaching.

Charlotte- If they can bring Marvin on board then they have a great starting nucleus. Augustin is a star in the making, Henderson has the potential to be great. Marvin has very good potential and can be the x factor. Expect this team to be a lot better even if their record isn't.

This might be one of the toughest divisions in the NBA. It is quickly catching the Southwest division for best in the NBA.

That what I personally think, I use other's opinions as well in my thought process but nothing really serious. I haven't heard Bosh to anyone so it's whatever.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

• Admin
i know our defense has gotten better im talking about it downgrading if we were to possibly get amare for smith.

Smith is not that amazing defender either. Horford is really the anchor of our d. Smith is great at getting weakside blocks and some intimidation but he does not stop his own man one on one.

I t would seem that if your source testified in the court of nba law half the league would be slammed with tampering charges.

I know, your right but this is not what the NBA doesn't want to come out. That would get me and him in trouble. I'm not saying anything about the serious stuff, the NBA is laying off employees too, it's not happening. He trusted me for three and a half years and I want that to last for awhile. If he says you can't tell no one, that includes my dog too and I don't even have a dog.

Now way we ship off Jeff Teague. Phoenix had a chance to snag Patty Mills in the 2nd round and failed to make it happen. He would have been a good backup for the Aging Nash.

The guy hasn't played a minute for us and I'm of the opinion that it would make me sick to my stomach if we traded him (Teague that is). If we're talking about Smith and maybe Mo Evans, Randolph Morris for Amare then I'm all for it assuming that Amare passes the physical and signs an extension but the minute they ask for Teague the deal would be off for me.