• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NBA Eastern Finals .............................

Gray Mule

:line dance:

We ain't there. Sorry to mention that. But, neither is King James.

Most of us will watch the next round. If we don't, still we will check the outcome of the games.

So, are you a fan of the arrogant Celtics? Or, will you be in the corner of Atlanta native, AKA Superman?

I expect Boston to keep Superman in foul trouble for the entire series. But, if Orlando continues to

drop those 3's at a high % like they did against us, they will be hard to handle.

GO MAGIC!! :headphones:

• Moderators

I have truly enjoyed watching Rondo morph into the face of the franchise. KG, Pierce, and Ray are now officially "The Three Otros!"

However, I don't care how much O-town beat us by... nobody wants to see a team we swept in the regular season get a chance to win its 18th title. KG hoisting another trophy? That's just unwatchable.

Go Magic!

And if that doesn't work, Go West!

~lw3

I have truly enjoyed watching Rondo morph into the face of the franchise. KG, Pierce, and Ray are now officially "The Three Otros!"

However, I don't care how much O-town beat us by... nobody wants to see a team we swept in the regular season get a chance to win its 18th title. KG hoisting another trophy? That's just unwatchable.

Go Magic!

And if that doesn't work, Go West!

~lw3

If Dwight Howard doesn't have a big series Orlando will lose. Boston might be too rough for Vince and Shard to have a great series against them. Nelson is a good PG, but he is not going to outplay Rondo. If Orlando wins it will be because Stan is a better coach than Doc and Howard dominates. The good thing for Boston is that they have KG, Perkins, Big Baby and Sheed to play against Howard. They have guys to throw at him and I think it will be enough.

I have to say Boston will win the series and they'll beat the Lakers again. 2 months ago I thought Boston had no shot. But now they're playing well on both ends while LA has looked a bit more ragged. The only real reason LA is going to beat Phx is because Phx has nobody that can guard Kobe. If the Suns still had Raja Bell playing they would probably beat LA this year.

The big problem for LA is the have no depth and Rondo against Fisher is downright laughable matchup.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

I was actually rooting for Boston last series. Now that, thats over I can go back to hating them. I really am neutral on this series. I just want to see great playoff basketball.

• Moderators

If Dwight Howard doesn't have a big series Orlando will lose. Boston might be too rough for Vince and Shard to have a great series against them. Nelson is a good PG, but he is not going to outplay Rondo. If Orlando wins it will be because Stan is a better coach than Doc and Howard dominates. The good thing for Boston is that they have KG, Perkins, Big Baby and Sheed to play against Howard. They have guys to throw at him and I think it will be enough.

I have to say Boston will win the series and they'll beat the Lakers again. 2 months ago I thought Boston had no shot. But now they're playing well on both ends while LA has looked a bit more ragged. The only real reason LA is going to beat Phx is because Phx has nobody that can guard Kobe. If the Suns still had Raja Bell playing they would probably beat LA this year.

The big problem for LA is the have no depth and Rondo against Fisher is downright laughable matchup.

Remember that "Blue Christmas" game in Orlando? The Magic had NO answers for the Celtics, I think they could only muster 8 points one quarter, and Dwight was like 1-8 with 7 turnovers for the game. He had beaucoup rebounds, but that was just because nobody was hitting shots. That's the nightmare I think the Magic have when facing Boston.

The Magic did pull out the other three contests, though they needed big runs after the Celtics again shut down their offense for long stretches. They'll probably play a bigger lineup (more minutes for Gortat) and will need to continue throttling Pierce and Allen defensively (with Barnes and Pietrus) the way they did the Hawks guards.

Boston will need production from Perkins (get Dwight in foul trouble) and Sheed (make jumpers and draw Dwight out of the paint). And Rondo will be the determining factor on how far the Celtics go -- Jameer's four-week vacation dominating at point guard is over.

~lw3

• Moderators

I'm pulling for Magic-Suns as well. I really think the Magic are the best team. I can't bear for the Celtics to win again. I also can't believe this Suns team is in the WCF. It shows how good Nash is. As much as i want Magic-suns i think it will be Magic-Lakers.

I guess I'll be pulling for the Celtics. I like Rondo and Big Baby. Main reason though is I would HATE to see Vince Carter get a ring.

The Celtics have the forwards to compete well with ORL and they seem to be healthy (KG and Pierce), plus they have the muscle inside (Perk and Big Baby). We had the forwards - just not the meat inside.

It should be a good series. I guess ORL has to be the betting favorite though.

Magic. Im so gald those arrogant Cavs are gone and the hype that surrounds King 82. However the C's are my next hated team because of the way they cry to the refs the whole game like little girls. GO MAGIC

I hate the Celtics and the Magic, but we killed the Celtics this year and the Magic killed us. Josh Smith & Rondo are my favorite players in the NBA. I hope Celtics win, but I think Magic will win in 6.

I'm rooting for Rondo, not the Celtics.

I don't care for either team but I think Orlando will take it.

The Celtics knocked out the Lebrons. The Magic made us look like a D-2 team in 4 straight games. No brainer Celtics, but I look forward to a great series. In the West I'm taking the Suns only because I want to see Nash get a ring. I rarely watch sports if my team isn't in it, but I'll watch this year because I think we will see great ball.

• Premium Member

I'm just rooting for the Suns now. Say what you will about Nash but the guy has a ton of heart and is the absolute team player... as good as he has been for that franchise they are still missing that ring. Celts and Lakers have theirs, and Orlando will be in the mix for years to come (and f*** them anyway). Phoenix has one maybe two chances left... So I'm rooting for those guys. Plus I genuinely like the rest of their players... J-Rich is a guy whose game I've always admired, Amare is just an insane human specimen, and the way Grant Hill has gutted it out throughout his career and gracefully gone from kid wonder to role player amidst a torrent of devastating injuries is admirable... Just a likable group of guys in my mind.

Now, if I HAD to pick a team to root for the Orlando and Celtics series it would probably be Celts. Just due to the fact that that if they take the series it would mean Rondo continuing his insane playoff run... The guy has been unbelievable to watch.