• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Last night's play of the game?

Diesel

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member

I voted for Bibby's three pointer. the other plays were great too, but Bibby was awesome in the second half. He looked like the guy we traded for a few seasons ago. I thought Teague would take over as the starter before the All Star break, but if Bibby continues to run the motion offense like this, Teague may have to wait a while longer. :cant believe:

Edited by hawkman

• Moderators

Considering how Jamal blew the layup after the crossovers, I don't think I can vote for that one... :saythat:

I only saw the second half so i'm not sure. When i first saw Jamal I thought i'd forgotten how good he was, then as he continued to showboat for no apparent reason and not actually sink a whole lot of buckets i thought well let's just wait on that extension'. I just joking. The dude can handle the ball like nobody else and that's something we need on this team.

Great game. Still have a hard time watching as Lebron leads with his off arm on every single drive to the basket but the Hawks ran the offense well for the most part. Rebounded well in the second half. Reggie was dead on with his commentary. If the guys trust the system they'll be good.

I voted for Bibby's three pointer. the other plays were great too, but Bibby was awesome in the second half. He looked like the guy we traded for a few seasons ago. I thought Teague would take over as the starter before the All Star break, but if Bibby continues to run the motion offense like this, Teague may have to wait a while longer. :cant believe:

Yes I have to second this. I think the calls for Bibby's demise may be premature. Honestly, i don't see that's he lost anything from two years ago. Those who say he can't defend laterally very well - it's not as though that has changed. That was true in 2008. But his shot, his passing, and overall control of the game are still excellent. If JT0 had a shot like Bibby, he would be an instant All-Star. I still like what I'm seeing from Teague, but he's a cut below Bibby until he's a threat to score.

• Like 1

Diesel, you can't lie, Marvin looks good so far in Drew's system. Maybe Marvin could be putting the talent that he has together to become the player that I rated him to be a couple years ago.

• Premium Member

Diesel, you can't lie, Marvin looks good so far in Drew's system. Maybe Marvin could be putting the talent that he has together to become the player that I rated him to be a couple years ago.

Lie??

Marvin had the one good highlight. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. The one guy that teams will play off of (as shown last night) is Marvin. If a player is wide open, he better hit the shot and for the most part, Marvin went unguarded all night.

Even on the tip Dunk over Bosh. Notice that when Marvin comes in, NOBODY is guarding him. On his three point shot... Nobody was on Marvin. The very next play, Marvin came to the same spot and Joe hit him with the same pass and guess what, NOBODY was on Marvin. Marvin will play most games guarded by GHOSTMAN. So do I give him credit or say that he's changed. NO. I say that Larry Drew's system has made Joe a better passer. i.e. the System dictates that when they come to double Joe, Joe swings the ball to the open man (instead of iso-Joe like previous years).

Also, last night, i also observed where LD has told Marvin that he won't get hurt if he goes in and get a rebound when Nobody is guarding him. This is why he got the two tip ins and why his rebounds were high. I also noticed that Zaza boxes out so that Marvin can have a pocket to get the rebound. LD is doing some good coaching so far. We're fixing the little things.

Edited by Diesel
  • Like 1

Easily the tip pass by JJ to Marvin for the dunk. Because last year, JJ would've posed in the corner after shooting the 3, instead of following up his shot . . and Marvin would've never been under the basket to get a rebound or even in position to receive that tip pass.

JJ's intelligence as a player, combined with Marvin being in the right spot AND going up aggressive with the ball and dunking it, made that the play of the night.

• Moderators

That was a nice dunk but seriously that was a preseason dunk if i ever saw one. Marv is standing all by himself under the basket for 2.999999 seconds while Bosh walks slowly back from the 3rd row. I guess he was getting popcorn. If the lane is that wide open in a regular season game for the Heat then Splostra's looking for another job.

Lie??

Marvin had the one good highlight. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. The one guy that teams will play off of (as shown last night) is Marvin. If a player is wide open, he better hit the shot and for the most part, Marvin went unguarded all night.

Even on the tip Dunk over Bosh. Notice that when Marvin comes in, NOBODY is guarding him. On his three point shot... Nobody was on Marvin. The very next play, Marvin came to the same spot and Joe hit him with the same pass and guess what, NOBODY was on Marvin. Marvin will play most games guarded by GHOSTMAN. So do I give him credit or say that he's changed. NO. I say that Larry Drew's system has made Joe a better passer. i.e. the System dictates that when they come to double Joe, Joe swings the ball to the open man (instead of iso-Joe like previous years).

Also, last night, i also observed where LD has told Marvin that he won't get hurt if he goes in and get a rebound when Nobody is guarding him. This is why he got the two tip ins and why his rebounds were high. I also noticed that Zaza boxes out so that Marvin can have a pocket to get the rebound. LD is doing some good coaching so far. We're fixing the little things.

The whole preseason as well as some of the training camp talk. You just can't deny that he could be finally becoming the player I said he would come the end of his contract season.

That's great that Marvin was open, hopefully it stays that way, he hits his shots and that opens up the lane for slashing and for more for others. You can come up with whatever you want but the bottom-line is a better Marvin equals a better team. I have no problem with that.

Edited by nbasuperstar40
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

The whole preseason as well as some of the training camp talk. You just can't deny that he could be finally becoming the player I said he would come the end of his contract season.

That's great that Marvin was open, hopefully it stays that way, he hits his shots and that opens up the lane for slashing and for more for others. You can come up with whatever you want but the bottom-line is a better Marvin equals a better team. I have no problem with that.

superstar this happens every preseason... You get hyped on Marvin and start making proclaimations...

2007 quote to follow

"- Marvin is the real reason I am so excited after 2 games. He is becoming a legite 2nd scorer on this team and even better, a serious defensive presence. He had a play or two where he drove when he should have shot but that's fine by me. Shows that aggressiveness that some of us were worried he wouldnt have. Go Marvin Go."

2007 with quote to follow..

"Really good to hear that about Marvin. He is due this year. I still can't believe that after two years with the Hawks he is still the youngest player."

"Good news about Marvin being aggressive and sounds like he is showing even more hops than last year. "

2007 quote to follow

"- Marvin Williams - Most Improved Player...

"

"I would also put Marvin as most improved as a real possibility. " -AHF

quote to follow...

I found this quote to be a breathe of fresh air when I read it. I have made my comments heard about Marvins off season so I thought it would only be fair to report the positive as well. These games mean nothing technically but to a young guy like Marvin who has yet to prove himself in this league him gaining confidence in his game now is a good sign. I don't think Smoove is taking this same approach. He seems to be cruising right now but I expect him to start back putting up monster numbers come Nov. 2. I especially like the "every second matters to me" line. "

So I think that's enough. We can go back to 2006 showing how people believed that this is the year that Marvin steps up. Some even proclaiming that he could be the MIP. Don't fall for the trap again!!!

superstar this happens every preseason... You get hyped on Marvin and start making proclaimations...

2007 quote to follow

"- Marvin is the real reason I am so excited after 2 games. He is becoming a legite 2nd scorer on this team and even better, a serious defensive presence. He had a play or two where he drove when he should have shot but that's fine by me. Shows that aggressiveness that some of us were worried he wouldnt have. Go Marvin Go."

2007 with quote to follow..

"Really good to hear that about Marvin. He is due this year. I still can't believe that after two years with the Hawks he is still the youngest player."

"Good news about Marvin being aggressive and sounds like he is showing even more hops than last year. "

2007 quote to follow

"- Marvin Williams - Most Improved Player...

"

"I would also put Marvin as most improved as a real possibility. " -AHF

quote to follow...

I found this quote to be a breathe of fresh air when I read it. I have made my comments heard about Marvins off season so I thought it would only be fair to report the positive as well. These games mean nothing technically but to a young guy like Marvin who has yet to prove himself in this league him gaining confidence in his game now is a good sign. I don't think Smoove is taking this same approach. He seems to be cruising right now but I expect him to start back putting up monster numbers come Nov. 2. I especially like the "every second matters to me" line. "

So I think that's enough. We can go back to 2006 showing how people believed that this is the year that Marvin steps up. Some even proclaiming that he could be the MIP. Don't fall for the trap again!!!

So your penciling in Marvin as your favorite Hawk for this year? :stirthepot:

Marvin's dunk....by far.

Also he iced the game with a 3 pointer.

Diesel you need to give credit where credit is due. Will you ever give the guy credit when he does something good? Are you gonna hate him for life? I understand he was a high draft pick but he is who he is....lets just root for him to improve every game. Comon work with the kid. ;-)