• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

doesn't seem that our OLD friend plans to exit quietly

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

We've tried to kill this dude off but he keeps coming back. I don't see how he's not the starting PG for the entire season when judging from the Hawks lack of offensive rhythm when he's not on the floor. The second he hits the bench the Hawks offense goes haywire. Pretty much all ISO for Joe and Jamal (hell even Teague got in on the ISO game last night). So either Teague is no way near as ready as we thought or Bibbs is actually trying to keep his spot by outplaying his competition. idk???

One word: Cockroach

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

Teague has been a huge dissappointment so far. We better be scouting college and foreign PGs this year.

Still missing open jumpers and gimmes at the rim. Also still has no idea of how to get guys in position for easy shots.

I agree, Bibby has to start until Teague learns to lead. However, I don't see that leadership developing in the kid. He's got too much Marvin in him and not enough Rumeal Robinson.

What this club needs is another Mookie.

Old Mike, however decrepid his legs are, still has an uncanny knack for pacing and knowing where he and everyone else is supposed to be in the offense. You can tell he is very cognizant of our league ranks in pacing and offensive efficiency and always tries to keep it steady by monitoring ball movement and making sure the other guys keep in the spirit of rotating the ball to the open man ("hey, look guys, Marvin can actually play too!"). It's always nice to see him act like he's playing defense at least, too. Sets awesome screens for a point when he feels like it.

Which no-time All-star, playoff veteran with glaring weaknesses would you rather have: Bibby or Fisher?

I wish they would give JC2 some looks at PG. He showed more in a few preseason games than Teague did all of last year.

I think it's logical to give Teague the minutes through the first 10-12 games or so. If there seems to be no improvement then start the JC2 experiment.

If Bibby were to be injured (knocking on wood) we would need a vet backup in here pronto.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I wish they would give JC2 some looks at PG. He showed more in a few preseason games than Teague did all of last year.

I noticed the same. He gave Zaza at least 3 beautiful bounce passes tonight that could have gone for easy points. Probably not the popular opinion but I'm with you 100% in that he should be given some burn as backup PG. He's a better creator, scorer, and may be as good as a defender so I don't see the harm.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Crawford showed much more passing ability in tonight's game than I have seen from Teague in all 5 games.

And I'm really liking the way Bibby is playing. He can't guard a chair, but he's still a very valuable player when he's hitting his shots. For someone who doesn't get credit for being a "real PG," he is a very smart passer.

Edited by High5

Teague showed good defense at times and good offense at times but his passing is really weak for now. He need seasoning and improvement.

• Moderators

I think it's logical to give Teague the minutes through the first 10-12 games or so. If there seems to be no improvement then start the JC2 experiment.

If Bibby were to be injured (knocking on wood) we would need a vet backup in here pronto.

TLue anyone?

• Like 1

TLue anyone?

Funny, but DJ has a great point. Bibby has had tremendous health as a Hawk. If that were to change, we'll be in trouble. We can cover up for injuries at many other positions, but PG is thin. In that sense, Bibby is one of our most valuable players at this point.

• Premium Member

Funny, but DJ has a great point. Bibby has had tremendous health as a Hawk. If that were to change, we'll be in trouble. We can cover up for injuries at many other positions, but PG is thin. In that sense, Bibby is one of our most valuable players at this point.

It's not even close....Bibby is the MVP on the team!!!!!

now my tummy hurts.