• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jack & Calderon available...

T21

I know that Raptors have been shoppin' them for some time now... but I read it again on Hoopshype today, and I'm just wondering if any of the two could help us improve our PG play (especially on the D-end)...

It's quite obvious that we must do something to get an upgrade at point, it's our weakest link and all opponents are designing offensive game plans on targeting Bibby and even Teague (who is not a bad defendar, but lacks confidence on both ends of the floor)...

I think that both Jack and Calderon have decent qualities and they could easily fit our system...

I wonder what do you think about this possibility?

P.S. There aren't many good PG's available...

I know that Raptors have been shoppin' them for some time now... but I read it again on Hoopshype today, and I'm just wondering if any of the two could help us improve our PG play (especially on the D-end)...

It's quite obvious that we must do something to get an upgrade at point, it's our weakest link and all opponents are designing offensive game plans on targeting Bibby and even Teague (who is not a bad defendar, but lacks confidence on both ends of the floor)...

I think that both Jack and Calderon have decent qualities and they could easily fit our system...

I wonder what do you think about this possibility?

P.S. There aren't many good PG's available...

always wanted jarret jack on this team myself. just not sure exactly what we trade to get him or even calderon but I do like both PG's. However jack would be a way better upgrade than calderon cause Jack is a fantastic PG defender.

• Like 1

• Admin

No on Calderon, that's just Bibby 2.0 on a worse contract. I'd take Jack because his contract is capfriendlier at sub mle and he offers what we need. For giggles I'd even take Julian Wright and David Andersen back with him.

Caldaron is an excellent distributor but I agree his defense is terrible. I would love for us to get Jack. He would be a great fit with this team but I can't see a way for us to make a trade for him without a third team involved.

Jack is on a nice contract. Jose contract on the other hand is albatross. He is going to get basically $20M over the next 2 seasons after this year.

http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/raptors.jsp

Any of you Cap experts. Could we get Jack with the Childress TE? According to Espn Trade Machine the Childress TE is worth $3.6M.

Edited by Paladin

• Premium Member

If Jack is available, you get him and don't look back. I've felt for years that he would be a perfect fit with this team. Call me a GT homer, but I've seen what he can do with talent around him. He has a floor general mentality and steps up his play in the clutch. He'll also play something resembling defense on the perimeter.

• Like 2

How about this trade? Do you think Toronto would do it?

Trade ID

Trade ID #5734034

Every trade made by fans is allocated a unique Trade ID which you can share with friends and fellow basketball fans to allow them to see your trade scenario.

Atlanta Trade Breakdown

Change in Team Outlook: +5.0 ppg, -0.5 rpg, and -2.0 apg.

Incoming Players

Marcus Banks

6-2 PG from UNLV

10.0 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 1.0 apg in 15.9 minutes

Jarrett Jack

0-0 from

6.0 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 3.0 apg in 13.5 minutes

David Andersen

0-0 from

2.0 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 1.0 apg in 10.8 minutes

Outgoing Players

Mike Bibby

6-2 PG from Arizona

8.0 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 4.0 apg in 28.8 minutes

Zaza Pachulia

6-11 C / C from Georgia (Foreign)

3.0 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 0.0 apg in 16.5 minutes

Jeff Teague

6-1 PG from Wake Forest

2.0 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 3.0 apg in 18.8 minutes

Toronto Trade Breakdown

Change in Team Outlook: -5.0 ppg, +0.5 rpg, and +2.0 apg.

Incoming Players

Mike Bibby

6-2 PG from Arizona

8.0 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 4.0 apg in 28.8 minutes

Zaza Pachulia

6-11 C / C from Georgia (Foreign)

3.0 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 0.0 apg in 16.5 minutes

Jeff Teague

6-1 PG from Wake Forest

2.0 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 3.0 apg in 18.8 minutes

Outgoing Players

Marcus Banks

6-2 PG from UNLV

10.0 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 1.0 apg in 15.9 minutes

Jarrett Jack

0-0 from

6.0 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 3.0 apg in 13.5 minutes

David Andersen

0-0 from

2.0 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 1.0 apg in 10.8 minutes

All content © 2000-2010 RealGM, L.L.C. All rights reserved..

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising Opportunities | About Us | Site Map | Contact RealGM

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade.php?tradeid=5734034#ixzz15DN7hIRd

Calderon is an upgrade over any of our PGs... but he isn't gonna improve our team all that much. If we could somehow get Jack though, we have to get it done

Well holic, I don't know that much about Calderon so I will trust your judgement there. As far as JJack, I would love to have him. Some would say that he wouldn't be that big of a game-changer/upgrade either...but I think he would mesh well with the team and we are gonna play Bibby anyways. Kinda 1/2 and 1/2 it depending on situations. Jack is tough and could actually get us moving on a fast break now and then. He doesn't shoot like Bibs from outside but he doesn't totally stink like...well...you know.

Thumbs up on Jack ! He has a great salary too. Calderon is really over paid.

I don't know if we have what they want though.

What would they want? They appear to be lacking size...Amir Johnson is a good player but then what? Maybe they would have a look at Zaza and a pick, or Zaza and Teague?

• Premium Member

Calderon is a great distributor and has a nice shot but he's the worst defender at the PG position in the entire NBA.

I'd rather have Jack. I've always wanted him as a Hawk.

Three things you have to have in a PG

1. The ability to distribute

2. The ability to penetrate and break down defenses

3. Play Defense.

Who is out there that can provide those essentials? Those are players that are unavailable. I've been getting the Grizzlies in my area and Conolly has really stepped up for Memphis, he is a good point.