• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Joe out 4-6 weeks

Swatguy

• Premium Member

This just killed my fantasy team in our league here but its going to really kill the Hawks. Old Craw is playing like crap all season and I don't know if Drew will trust Young Craw to give him serious burn. If anything this should get the team to trade Old Craw's expiring for some pieces for next season.

This just killed my fantasy team in our league here but its going to really kill the Hawks. Old Craw is playing like crap all season and I don't know if Drew will trust Young Craw to give him serious burn. If anything this should get the team to trade Old Craw's expiring for some pieces for next season.

65th man player of the year. He never shrinks from effort, I'll keep him.

• Premium Member

I tend to be the optimistic type, so take this for what it's worth, but I think history shows these kinds of things tend to bring out the best of guys who previously had not distinguished themselves to the degree that they seemed capable.

In other words... we'll see now like never before whether these guys can take it to the next level. In particular, I think this next month will tell us if Marvin has plateaued or if he's going to continue to grow. I recall the last time Joe was out for an extended time, it seemed to be the springboard to Smoove discovering he could take over games. If I'm not mistaken, Marvin enjoyed a 30+ point effort during that stretch himself.

Makes sense, I was having trouble figuring out why the glove on his off hand was affecting his shot so much.

Looking on the brightside of this:

Jamal may earn a lucrative new contract over the next few weeks by showing he can also be the man in addition to a 6th man.

ASG may be forced to go into the tax with the MLE or TPE to get some guard depth.

Sund may actually do some scouting for some 10-days.

Jordan may step up into a consistent scoring role off the bench.

Joe's legs may be fresher from the layoff so he can have explosiveness back in the playoffs.

Marvin may have solider solid games.

Josh and Al may both go into 20-10 territory.

Drew may win coach of the year.

These are all of the hopeful scenarios, either way we'll get to see how this team would perform had we never resigned Joe in the first place.

I said earlier, JJ needs to be out with time to heal, whatever his problem is. So, now we know.

Something was wrong. We want our old JJ back. If it takes 4 - 6 weeks, so be it. The Hawks

will survive.

Just think, mid January we get a new JJ to finish the season with. Hawks are just over .500 now.

We should still be around .500 in mid January. We will be better

GO HAWKS!!

hopefully this will be a blessing in disguise and jordan crawford breaks out :angel19:

He has to get in the game in order to break out. Hard to believe he hasn't made an appearance in this game yet.

Apparently JJ's elbow has been bothering him since last year. At least now his legs won't get worn out. The hawks may end up better off come playoff time.

• Premium Member

Makes sense, I was having trouble figuring out why the glove on his off hand was affecting his shot so much.

Looking on the brightside of this:

Jamal may earn a lucrative new contract over the next few weeks by showing he can also be the man in addition to a 6th man.

ASG may be forced to go into the tax with the MLE or TPE to get some guard depth.

Sund may actually do some scouting for some 10-days.

Jordan may step up into a consistent scoring role off the bench.

Joe's legs may be fresher from the layoff so he can have explosiveness back in the playoffs.

Marvin may have solider solid games.

Josh and Al may both go into 20-10 territory.

Drew may win coach of the year.

These are all of the hopeful scenarios, either way we'll get to see how this team would perform had we never resigned Joe in the first place.

...I think all of that is why JJ's injury is just...not scaring me. Which begs the question in my mind: what if this was Josh Smith? I dare say I am more afraid of Josh sitting than JJ. We desperately need him to be our primary scoring threat, but this team scares me without Josh's intangibles.

• Premium Member

...I think all of that is why JJ's injury is just...not scaring me. Which begs the question in my mind: what if this was Josh Smith? I dare say I am more afraid of Josh sitting than JJ. We desperately need him to be our primary scoring threat, but this team scares me without Josh's intangibles.

Well, we have gotten most of our 12 wins this year without a great deal of contribution from JJ, so I'm thinking we can probably tread water just fine until he comes back.

Joe said his elbow had been bothering him since last year. So why didnt he have it evaluated in the off-season? Didnt have anything to do with gettin paid 1st, did it?

Gotta wonder, don't we.

6 weeks in the off season = nothing. Now, it may hurt the team - a lot.

Oh, well. That's water under the bridge. Let's just win some games!

:thumbsupsmileyanim: