• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

i don't want to hear another BS comment about Teague.

Wretch

• Premium Member

I'm always supportive of a player. I don't care too much about being right or wrong or knowing anything before anyone else. So I mostly keep my mouth shut and make casual observations. And the thing that I noticed about Teague, as did most people who could see his potential, is the quickest player I have seen in a Hawks uniform and he can get to the basket at will. A player that can break down the defense like that....you just don't throw away and you don't nail him to the bench.

The kid did not get enough opportunity - not enough time and not enough responsibility - to show what he has. He's got it now though and boy has he come out with a vengeance.

We got a PG!

No...we got TWO point guards! Both VERY good defensively on top of that....

• Like 2

Couple of months ago we had the worst PG situation in the NBA. Now we have 2 starting caliber PGs this is beautiful. :bowdown:

Teague looked like Nick Van Exel of old acting the basket tonight.

• Like 2

Love Teague as a basketball player. He has some heart, I can see that more than anything else. He gets no calls and his confidence could have been shook by 2 coaches and a badly run organization but it isn't.

• Like 1

This is the first stretch of Teague's career where he has played well (regardless of the reasons) so people had a right to be skeptical. I haven't heard a negative word about him since game 1, though. He picked an awesome time to finally break out.

:sarcastichand: At people trying to act like Teague has some huge body of the work that leads them to say, FINALLY. Seriously, he has no extended history of getting consistent playing time to judge him. Anyone that could see talent new Teague had things you can't teach. He still needs some things you can teach but that will not happen on the bench, this just proves that fact even more.

• Like 2

• Moderators

What I enjoyed watching most from Jeff was AFTER he made mistakes (hesitating on fastbreaks, blowing a defensive assignment, botching that drive and dunk at the end of the first half... this team has got to lead the league in botched dunks). You could tell he was recognizing his errors, verifying them with his teammates and coaches, and working to correct them on the floor.

~lw3

It's amazing how much more confidence you can

play with, if you don't have to worry about getting yanked out

of the game after making one mistake.

Edited by pimp

• Premium Member

Dude, I'm just enjoying the metamorphosis. When we first got Teague, I liked the pick. I nicknamed him "Blink". Because in the one moment you blinked, he would be right past you. I think he suffered (and still does a little) from trying to be a player in the mold of Mike Bibby. Bibby has an unusual ability to play OG and to hit open 3 point shots. That's not Teague's game. Teague is a blow by you PG. We should have known this after he dunked on Fisher when Fisher turned his head in a Hawks Laker game. However, I think it took him being coached by Nick Van Excellent and Captain Kirk. Both of these guys are instilling confidence in Teague by telling Teague where to look for the weakness. And at this point Teague is a sponge.

Now, Derrick Rose is going to be Derrick Rose. He's the MVP. However, Teague has given the Bulls all they can handle with JJ on the floor. What I mean by that is that they can't afford to single cover JJ. IF they do, JJ will go off. They take their chances with Teague and it seems that every game, his confidence grows. When they went Iso Teague yesterday.. I Stood UP. I knew that he would blow by Korver. When he got the ball baseline to start the third, All of Atlanta should have stood up when he dunked on Joakim. Teague has no fear of going in and dunking on Joakim. I think he helped the others to see that Joakim is not Dwight Howard.

Now, game 5 is going to be badly officiated. Let's be honest.. Chicago will come out with all they have and the refs will be with them. BUT... If we can be as confident as we were against Orlando and as we were in the stretch last night... I think we finish these guys in 6. Chicago is an effort Team.. but if Teague leads and we play smart and match their effort, we're better.

• Like 1

I was on Teague's band wagon since game 1 and from the start Joe has been praising Teague, like it or not Joe is correct most of the time.

I've been on it, since we drafted him. lol. I said he'd end up being the best pg of his draft class. And I stick by that comment. If I'm wrong, feel free to bash.

• Premium Member

Sorry but Kirk is not a starting PG and anyone suggesting that he is hasn't watched him play. He's not a good passer, he's too slow, and he refuses go in the paint. I'm not saying this to prop Teague up. I'd like Kirk coming off the bench as a shooter but he has no business running an offense.

He's a good jumshooter but this teams needs another jumpshooter like Josh Smith needs a hole in his head. Penetrating point guard that can get Al and Josh easy shots is what's needed. Not saying Teague is that but I am saying without any doubt whatsoever that Kirk Hinrich is not.

Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 1