BREAKING NEWS: HORFORD OUT FOR THE YEAR!

PureGreatness

Hollinger was right. :-(

Some of you all are sounding like quitters and I hope our team doesn't act/feel this way. Yeah we are even smaller now but that doesn't mean we can't make it work. We just have to run and hustle more. We know how to run and we still have good individual defenders. The Suns played good short ball for many years with no defense.

Edited by sillent

This is the worst sports news for Atlanta since Vick broke his leg. Hawks lose a season and aren't even going to get a good draft pick to show for it. And it's not like this opens the door for any young talent to develop. This team really had the defense to upset a Chicago or Miami in the playoffs.

Some of you all are sounding like quitters and I hope our team doesn't act/feel this way. Yeah we are even smaller now but that doesn't mean we can't make it work. We just have to run and hustle more. We know how to run and we still have good individual defenders. The Suns played good short ball for many years with no defense.

We have an average PG with very good talent but he is still raw.

We have an extremely talented tweener who is very inconsistent.

Our SG is average a PER of 14.8 while clearly leading the team in touches.

It is no suprise that we didn't become a winning team till we drafted Horford. He brings a lot to the table that doesn't appear on the statsheet. Without him, I don't have much expectation for this team. They become last years Charlotte Bobcats before they traded Crash away.

I didn't think his injury was this serious. We are in deep unless we can sign Dampier or acquire a big center through a trade.

Like who?

Dampier sucks bad. He's Collins level.

• Like 1

This is bad. Feel for Horf and hopes he gets well soon. But he was having his worse season this year. Really destroys a lot of trade scenarios we could have had though. Also, it gives ASG an excuse ("We are still rolling with our core for the 50th year")

Edited by GameTime

What about Joel Pryzbilla, last I heard he was interested in the Clippers but we can offer him more minutes now...

What about Martynas Andr-Skuzzlebuttis? I know that back in the day someone here wanted us to take him with the Horford pick so it seems like fate that we'd sign him to replace Horford.

I love Zaza but Zaza trying to do too much on offense is a comedy of errors. I always find it comical when he tries to dribble the ball. Do you know why Zaza stumbles and bowls his way to the rim...that head is just so BIG. I'm not ready to give up on the season just yet.

This is what a shortened training camp and so many games in a short span will do - I think a lot more injuries throughout the NBA are on the horizon. Manu, Al, Steph Curry, Kobe, D-Wade, D-Rose, TJ Ford, Kwame just to name a few.

They have Nash and the hawks don't.

• Like 1