• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Celtics want Smoove!

T21

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Allegedly, Celtics GM Ainge is very interesting to acquire Smoove.

According to the article, they would pitch Garnett... Although Smoove's trade value is somewhat questionable, I wouldn't pull the trigger on this one. Garnett is in the twighlight of his career...

If Celtics would offer Rondo and another piece, then who knows...

If we could get Rondo, and an expiring Ray Allen or Garnett I would be 100% down.. Esp if we got ray and started him at the SG and moved joe to SF

but imagine KG and Zaza as teammates.. they aint takin s*** from nobody

• Like 2

• Premium Member
If we could get Rondo, and an expiring Ray Allen or Garnett I would be 100% down.. Esp if we got ray and started him at the SG and moved joe to SF but imagine KG and Zaza as teammates.. they aint takin s*** from nobody

Allen and Garnett make too much money.

• Like 1

According to the same source, Celtics would also be willing to trade Rondo. The catch is that they would want a PG in return... so Teague would logically have to be included.

P.S. I was wondering if Celtics would go for JJ and JT for Rondo and Allen...

Edited by T21

If you havent seen KG playing lately, hes been dominating.. Rondo/KG >>>>> Josh/Teague..

And he shoots 50% from the field while shooting the same jumpers that smoove sucks at

Edited by hawkrule152
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

If you havent seen KG playing lately, hes been dominating.. Rondo/KG >>>>> Josh/Teague..

And he shoots 50% from the field while shooting the same jumpers that smoove sucks at

I'd pull the trigger on any trade involving Rondo. So either I really hate this team or I really like Rondo.

• Like 2

I'd pull the trigger on any trade involving Rondo. So either I really hate this team or I really like Rondo.

The way I see it...

If we can get Rondo and Allen (for let's say JJ and JT), we'll get a PG who would be perfect alongside Smoove and Horf. He would truly push the tempo and get the most out of those two!

Garnett makes 21 million so we'd probably have to send them Smith and Hinrich to make the salaries match up. Garnett is having a pretty decent year, although not great by Garnett standards, but he's 35 years old and while I'm not opposed to trading Smith I just don't think I could trade him for Garnett at his age.

• Like 1

I just checked ESPN's NBA Trade Machine and JJ, JT and Kirk for Rondo and Allen works.

Allen has an expiring contract. We would re-gain so much needed financial flexibility to add other pieces in the off-season.

If you could move Marvin and Josh for KG you don't even think twice about it.

That's true we could move Marvin instead of Hinrich, but that opens up a hole in the starting lineup at SF. We'd have roughly $39 million committed to salary next year with only JJ, Al, Zaza and Teague signed so we'd have about $19 million to sign FA's? IF that could somehow get us Dwight ... ok nevermind time to stop dreaming as he's not coming here :kickcan:

If you could move Marvin and Josh for KG you don't even think twice about it.

You are out of your mind!!!! We would have to get Rondo to even consider a trade with Boston.. KG is old as dirt..

You are out of your mind!!!! We would have to get Rondo to even consider a trade with Boston.. KG is old as dirt..

That depends ... if we got 1-2 1st round picks AND used the cap room next year on a marquee FA then it would be well worth it. We'd absolutely have to be doing the Smith/Marvin deal though to get out of Marvins contract to make this worth it.

We should try to lure Celtics to take JJ off our hands! I think that Celtics are one of rare teams that would actually trade for JJ and his huge contract.

JJ would become their 2nd option behind Pierce...

No, it's a matter of do you want to lose Smoove in a year for nothing or lose him now and get out of another contract? Anything else (Boston or Clipper pick) is just frosting.

• Admin

The Celtics would be giving up a boatload of cap space by trading KG so we would have to include Teague

This works:

Josh / JT / Marvin / Hinrich

for

KG / Rondo / Pietrus

This works for Boston because they get younger and get a point guard in return.

We get a PF that is still playing well now and would bring some leadership to our locker room and we get our star point guard.

Pietrus / Green / TMac replace Marvin's minutes.

I love the idea of Joe and Horford playing with Rondo. With this team we are better now and make a run in the playoffs and Garnet and his 21 million dollar contract comes off the books at the end of the season.